News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: International rules football series, 100% genuine australian style ass whoppin'  (Read 1426 times)
little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: October 21, 2005, 10:43:03 AM »

Australia 100 - 64 Ireland
we got an authentic australian style ass whoppin
well you deserved it, and i can't say i'm totally sad, australia were great to watch , and on a regional note, some players on the ireland team have been noted for their heavy handed tactics while on county duty, it's a big debate point here, that armagh and tyrone are just filthy players who play the man instead of the ball, so it was great to see them try that with the AFL guys caus the AFL lads just bashed anyone that messed with them. ;D
we have it all to do in the second test, i hope we can at least make the scoreline respectable the aussies have been dieing to do that to us since last years games.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2005, 10:46:24 AM by little_bill » Logged

He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.- Groucho Marx
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 09:01:41 PM »

Just saw the highlights from the second game last night which Australia won as well,didn't this get a bit heated on several occasions.It reminded me of Rugby League back in the late 70's when all that garbage went on during a game.The high tackle last night by the Aussie captain no less was the worse stiff arm I've ever seen.If that had happened in a league match now days,the player would get at least 3 months,probably 5 if he's got a bad record.Apparently the only suspension he'll face is missing out on the tour next season to Ireland,but won't miss any competition games.It was the worst case of an intentional high tackle.He had he's fist clenched and swung his arm at the Ireland player's head.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 10:29:56 AM »

yeah it was bad and a lot of the tackles form australia were bordering on thugery but the irish weren't exactly angels. we threw a few dirty tackles of our own , what dissapointed me with johnson and most  of the aussie tackles (they were'nt called as fouls)was that the venom seemed to start well after they had assured victory, it's not like they were annoyed because they were losing, at the end of the day it wouldn't be accepted in afl, you could end someones career, but the thought seemed to be that since the irish were amatuers you didn't need to worry about that and yet in fairness they still have to get up and go to work tomorrow.

personally i blame kevin sheedy the coach, his defence were that there were no rules outlawing the way he made his team play. so much for his sense of morality, and worse still was the fact that this was the best team australia have ever picked, they were fantastic and a joy to watch in the first game, but if the irish amatuers are subjected to that next year it'll kill off the series. sheedy should be booted by the afl.

i'm just so angry that he went and reduced the game to that, one of the new members at the golf club is australian and we thought we might organise a gang of us to go over this year to the matches but it all fell apart when i was sick, i'm kind of glad we didn't go now it would have put a real dampener on the trip.

He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.- Groucho Marx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T