News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "CHRISTOPHER - 23" AND OTHER CEWB "OLD TIMERS"!  (Read 108236 times)
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #100 on: December 19, 2005, 05:19:41 AM »

Oh yeah!   That was when you casually mentioned that Lindsay Lohan was 18...and Christopher corrected you with, "Its 18 years, 4 months, 13 days, and 6 hours to be exact Matt."

That's the one I was thinking of! 
Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #101 on: December 19, 2005, 06:07:09 AM »

other than "The Searchers" I haven't seen a Wayne western that I liked.

Red River, The Man who shot Liberty Valance :).

WKC.

Conan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

JP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #102 on: December 19, 2005, 06:45:21 AM »

Red River, The Man who shot Liberty Valance :).

WKC.

One of these days I'll get around to "Red River."  So outside of Ford's direction, I haven't seen a good Wayne western.

Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #103 on: December 19, 2005, 08:18:42 AM »

I should also mention that with the exception of KC, there's only been one member here who has ever corrected me and NOT gotten a debate.

Guess who? It was Christopher!
I don't think I remember that. ???
Conan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

JP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #104 on: December 19, 2005, 08:51:15 AM »

The statute of limitations hasn't run out on this one, but its kind of a funny webboard memory...There was a guy on here clogging up the Endless, Pointless thread with all sorts of poetry...and he kept at it, even though he had only one admirer (who was a semi-bimbo, but kind of cool) that prodded him on. 
  So finally the guy posts a poem in reverse...and Matt tears into him about how stupid it is; basically putting into words what everyone was thinking.  Its probably in the thread somewhere, though I recall many of those posts were deleted.  Anyway, I think Matt said something about the reverse poem being the equivalent of dumb [email protected]#t you pull out of a Cracker Jack box.   ;D  And a mini flame war ensued which resulted in the hack poet and his admirer hitting the bricks.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 08:57:47 AM by Conan » Logged

Agent
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #105 on: December 19, 2005, 09:08:11 AM »

Funny. I don't remember it though. Musta been while I was AWOL. Tryin' to think who it was....

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it." - Clint Eastwood
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #106 on: December 19, 2005, 11:55:04 AM »

Yeah, I think some of us remember him. Not so good times with him.
D'Ambrosia
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #107 on: December 19, 2005, 01:17:36 PM »

I remember when I first found the board at work one night.  I just did a Google search on Eastwood and the old site came up.  That must have been in ’99.  I just lurked for a few months before I joined in early 2000.  I think it was March 2000 but I’m not sure.  I remember the first couple of threads I participated in were the infamous “Sunglasses” thread about the Ray-Bans and Gargoyles in the Dirty Harry movies with Agent, a thread about whether or not Joe, Manco, Blondie were the same guy and whether Joe was some mythical creature like an avenging angel and I remember calling Joe the “Jordan of gunfighters” and getting a nice response to that.  I actually remember being weary of posting in fear of being cut down by some hardliners but that never really happened.

I use to sign the end of my posts with a different Eastwood one-liner every now and then (the main one being “Mans got to know his limitations…”  and started the super long thread called  “One-liners” were you would post up a line from Eastwood and the next person would guess the movie and post up a new one and that actually was the first “real” Trivia on the board before there was a Trivia Games section.  We just used the General Discussion section for games.

I loved the old board and was kind of sad to see it go(losing all the old threads) but this format is SO much better.

I do like the cool font off the old board.  :) 
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #108 on: December 19, 2005, 04:19:59 PM »

Brendan, you joined the board a little while before I did, right? I don't know if you were posting on a normal basis when I joined, but I think you had registered before me. I know I had been registered for about two months before I started posting a lot.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #109 on: December 19, 2005, 04:56:50 PM »

So finally the guy posts a poem in reverse...and Matt tears into him about how stupid it is; basically putting into words what everyone was thinking.  Its probably in the thread somewhere, though I recall many of those posts were deleted.  Anyway, I think Matt said something about the reverse poem being the equivalent of dumb [email protected]#t you pull out of a Cracker Jack box.   ;D  And a mini flame war ensued which resulted in the hack poet and his admirer hitting the bricks.

When these things are happening, it's not usually fun at all. But man... looking back at it a year later, it is pretty funny.

T-----t posted that poem in reverse, and I'm just looking at it like, "Man, I have to read everything that's posted and I've wasted so much time every night reading his dozens of posts and nutty poems, and NOW I HAVE TO READ ONE OF HIS POEMS IN REVERSE!" It really pissed me off. But then, his "admirer" posted to say "Thanks, T-----t, that was great!" So, I just posted one word... "Why?" And, that started everything.  Yeah, I do remember making a comment about it being like the sh*t you'd find in a Cracker Jack box, and something about Pink Panther invisible ink pens. He went nuts.... and started flaming the board and mods in dozens of posts. I was up until 5:00 that morning with mgk, removing his posts from the board. There were lots, and they were BAD. But, I have to admit to laughing at the PMs I got from him. He was so bloody angry that it was pretty comical, and then he was deleting every post he'd ever made, something about us not having the rights to his words, and he'd sue us if we didn't remove all the ones he didn't have time to remove. Bah.

Yeah, I think some of us remember him. Not so good times with him.

What? You didn't like the PMs you were getting that night too?

Actually, Brendan was up with us too. mgk stopped writing me back, and I figured she fell asleep at the computer. When it was going on 5:00 AM and he was still around, I was about to give Brendan my password and ask him to take over. I had to be up at 7:00 for work. Fortunately, he finally logged off, and Cal banned him. The "Admirer" removed many of her posts, and left also. But, she came back as a "new member" with a different name later and introduced herself as new to the board. Man, I hate when they do that.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 09:02:00 PM by Matt » Logged
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #110 on: December 19, 2005, 05:05:38 PM »

I don't think I remember that. ???

All I remember is that I posted something about a scene in The Good, The Bad and The Ugly with Angel Eyes (I think it was in one of the new additional scenes) and Christopher disagreed with me, and posted a very valid point. I agreed with him, and said so. Then I thought to myself... damn, I think that's the first time I've ever actually agreed with someone who disagreed with me.

I'd look for the post, Christopher, but man... we both have so many posts, it could take a LONG time.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #111 on: December 19, 2005, 05:11:39 PM »

I actually remember being weary of posting in fear of being cut down by some hardliners but that never really happened.

I was a lurker before I joined, too. I had always loved Clint's movies--he was my favorite actor. But, I hadn't seen them in years. I didn't own any of his movies, and hadn't seen one since I was in my early 20's. So, I finally get up the nerve to join the board and join in the discussions with all the Eastwood experts. I mentioned Unforgiven, but called it THE Unforgiven, and KC was right there to correct me on that. But, she was nice and welcoming, and it gave me a good feeling. I just kept posting, but wanting to be able to add better posts to the board, I started buying all the VHS tapes (I didn't have a DVD player at first). After buying them all and watching them all, I was finally able to contribute some pretty good posts to the board. So, this board renewed my interest in Clint. It was really the people here, not Clint or his movies, that got me so involved in posting and wanting to be a part of the board.

Of course, I eventually bought a DVD player and repurchased all the Eastwood movies. I'm still not in KC's or Holden's league when it comes to discussing the movies, but I always enjoy having a great discussion with great fellow fans.  :)
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #112 on: December 19, 2005, 05:16:14 PM »

Brendan, you joined the board a little while before I did, right? I don't know if you were posting on a normal basis when I joined, but I think you had registered before me. I know I had been registered for about two months before I started posting a lot.

Brendan probably won't remember this, but my memory is pretty good when it comes to the board and the members here. He had joined as "Nightwing" made one post, and didn't post again for months. I'd see him lurking, but not posting. And, the board was dead as Arch Stanton back then. Trying to get another member onto the board, I found his old post while he was lurking, and responded to it. It was just a post about which Clint movies he'd seen, and he mentioned a few he hadn't seen yet. I just posted asking if he'd ever gotten around to seeing any of those others yet, and I was thrilled to see him respond. Since then, he's been a regular poster... and now a Moderator.  O0
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #113 on: December 19, 2005, 08:00:24 PM »

Actually, Brendan was up with us too. mgk stopped writing me back, and I figured she fell asleep at the computer. When it was going on 5:00 AM and he was still around, I was about to give Brendan my password and ask him to take over. I had to be up at 7:00 for work. Fortunately, he finally logged off, and Cal banned him. The "Admirer" removed many of her posts, and left also. But, she came back as a "new member" with a different name later and introduced herself as new to the board. Man, I hate when they do that.

Yeah, good times that night.  ;D I loved seeing those PM's. I had to get up early that day as well but I didn't want to goto sleep because it was so fun. I know that sounds bad but geeze..... I wish I could remember some of the stuff he said to me though. He said I was a sheep and that I followed the corrupt ways of the leaders..... whatever that means since I'm not a Conservative... ZING! Just kidding folks!  :)

Brendan probably won't remember this, but my memory is pretty good when it comes to the board and the members here. He had joined as "Nightwing" made one post, and didn't post again for months. I'd see him lurking, but not posting. And, the board was dead as Arch Stanton back then. Trying to get another member onto the board, I found his old post while he was lurking, and responded to it. It was just a post about which Clint movies he'd seen, and he mentioned a few he hadn't seen yet. I just posted asking if he'd ever gotten around to seeing any of those others yet, and I was thrilled to see him respond. Since then, he's been a regular poster... and now a Moderator.  O0

I do remember that post. "First Post, Go Easy Please!" is what it was called. I vaguely remember you asking that now that you mention it. I also remember getting mad at someone for spoiling the end of The Beguiled for me.  ;D I think there was a slightly heated debate after that about spoilers and how long a movie has to be out for and such. Good times.

Does anyone remember the Poutine thread?  8)
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #114 on: December 19, 2005, 08:02:06 PM »

Does anyone remember the Poutine thread?  8)

I not only remember it.... I think I have it saved to disk somewhere. I'll have to go a-lookin' for that one of these days.  :)
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #115 on: December 19, 2005, 08:10:48 PM »

I not only remember it.... I think I have it saved to disk somewhere. I'll have to go a-lookin' for that one of these days.  :)

That'll fun to read again. Click here for info about Poutine at the now uncredible Wikipedia. This is cool:

In December 2004, CBC's The X hosted what was called the X Poutine Party. The event was sponsored by New York Fries and was held at Dundas Square in Toronto. The goal of the event was to make the world's largest poutine. They ended up achieving this feat, with the poutine weighing in at 808 pounds.

And I also just realized I forgot to wish Christopher a Happy Birthday!

Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #116 on: December 19, 2005, 08:13:13 PM »

Hey, check out this post! And.... the links still work.  O0

http://www.clinteastwood.org/forums/index.php?topic=5424.msg12633#msg12633
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 11:11:08 PM by Matt » Logged
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #117 on: December 19, 2005, 08:20:10 PM »

The "Poutine" thread also tells us that Christopher registered in February 2002, and Brendan, alias Nightwing, in July 2001.  :)
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #118 on: December 19, 2005, 08:27:26 PM »

The "Poutine" thread also tells us that Christopher registered in February 2002, and Brendan, alias Nightwing, in July 2001. :)
I was just about to mention Brendan's registration date. I was thinking of Summer '01.

That thread is great! ;D Too bad the picture Agent used to threaten me isn't still there. It was a pic of a very badly beaten Scorpio from Dirty Harry. ;D And Conan's edit is still priceless! O0
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #119 on: December 19, 2005, 08:28:55 PM »

The "Poutine" thread also tells us that Christopher registered in February 2002, and Brendan, alias Nightwing, in July 2001.  :)

Yep, good ol' July 2001. I was using the alias Nightwing on a lot of boards back then. Now I'm only on two boards, this one and another. I use Brendan on both.

Wasn't there a "Things with Cheese in them" thread started shortly after the poutine thread?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T