News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 69 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Photo thread  (Read 277856 times)
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #320 on: February 21, 2007, 05:04:55 PM »

More photos!

Clint Van Wallach

Email
« Reply #321 on: February 22, 2007, 12:30:59 AM »

Brendan I keep thinkin' I'm going to see a polar bear in one of those photos! I also feel like breaking out one of my old Jack London novels! Great shots!

I'm so mad, I missed a beautiful sunset tonight  :(
I was in the city, and the sun was setting between two buildings. The sky was absolutely stunning. So many colors  :D And I missed it. Didn't have my camera with me. Damn.

It's funny. I was mad at myself for not driving out into the desert and taking these photos in a more natural setting. It was Sunday afternoon and the sky looked promising but I was just too comfortable to go for a drive. As the colors formed in the sky, for a moment I cursed my laziness. But this sunset was beautiful right from where I was standing that evening and I would have enjoyed it anywhere, with or without my camera. I hope you all enjoy it as well!

« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 12:53:23 AM by Clint van Wallach » Logged
Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

There's a darkness inside all of us ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #322 on: February 22, 2007, 12:53:11 AM »

As the colors formed in the sky, for a moment I cursed my laziness. But this sunset was beautiful from right where I was standing and I would have enjoyed it anywhere, with or without my camera. I hope you all enjoy it as well!
I sure do  O0 Whoa. Beautiful  :o

Great pics, too Brendan  8)

Make-'em-run-around-the-block-howling-in-agony stunning

"He that hath no beard is less than a man, and he that is less than a man, I am not for him…" 'Much Ado About Nothing' Act 2, Scene I (William Shakespeare)

http://americanbphotography.tumblr.com/
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #323 on: February 22, 2007, 06:05:44 AM »

Beautiful sunset.   O0
Clint Van Wallach

Email
« Reply #324 on: February 22, 2007, 07:43:55 AM »

Thanks AB and Lin. When I posted these yesterday, they enlarged just fine when I clicked on them. This morning they're not enlarging (at least on my screen).  Brendan's shots are still working fine so I don't know what's up. I hope you were able to see them full screen.  Maybe it's a temporary glitch.

Thanks for your nice comments!  :)
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #325 on: February 22, 2007, 04:58:59 PM »

CvW.   No problem they enlarged just fine and are still doing so.  O0
Conan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

JP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #326 on: February 23, 2007, 01:52:58 AM »

Brendan I keep thinkin' I'm going to see a polar bear in one of those photos! I also feel like breaking out one of my old Jack London novels! Great shots!

It's funny. I was mad at myself for not driving out into the desert and taking these photos in a more natural setting. It was Sunday afternoon and the sky looked promising but I was just too comfortable to go for a drive. As the colors formed in the sky, for a moment I cursed my laziness. But this sunset was beautiful right from where I was standing that evening and I would have enjoyed it anywhere, with or without my camera. I hope you all enjoy it as well!

Those photos rock, thanks man!

Clint Van Wallach

Email
« Reply #327 on: February 26, 2007, 08:45:26 AM »

Thanks Conan! Your very welcome!

By the way, I tried to find a particular "Triumph" youtube awhile back and I noticed they've all been removed because they didn't have permission from NBC to use it. Just thought I'd warn you in case they come after your profile photo! ;)

Thanks again for your comments. Much appreciated!
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #328 on: February 26, 2007, 10:32:20 PM »

Gant took this great shot  from London's Waterloo Bridge last weekend but was having trouble posting it here ... So I told him I'd help. :)

I like the subdued color ... kind of reminds you of Letters from Iwo Jima. ;)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 07:32:53 AM by KC » Logged
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #329 on: February 27, 2007, 03:30:00 AM »

Nice picture of the Thames and the old and new buildings Gant. O0
Conan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

JP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #330 on: February 27, 2007, 07:58:46 AM »

[img=http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/522/dscf0792yb4.th.jpg]

[img=http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/4346/japanqm7.th.jpg]

[img=http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/8848/dscf0782op8.th.jpg]

I was in Japan in January; here are a handful of photos from the trip.  As you can see, the grounds are hand tailored; every rock, tree, bush, etc...It was cold, but that meant less people  8)

On a side note I asked a Japanese friend/co-worker (and during my brief stay, "tour guide") there about "Letters From Iwo Jima."  He said that everyone in Japan of course knew the story, and added that he was looking forward to seeing it.  Nothing profound obviously, but I was curious for his opinion.

Sylvie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #331 on: February 27, 2007, 09:19:59 AM »

:) Very nice photos Conan !
Japan is a place where I would love to go ... maybe one day ! ;)

"If she looks back, that means she's interested . Come on now, give me a little look. One little glance back..."

2007 Movie journal
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #332 on: February 27, 2007, 04:38:22 PM »

Wow! Conan you "brush up" very well.   Really lovely pictures.
Clint Van Wallach

Email
« Reply #333 on: March 08, 2007, 11:31:47 AM »

Nice picture of the Thames and the old and new buildings Gant. O0

Definitely a nice contrast! What's the pointy building? Never seen anything quite like it. It looks like you can see through it towards the top. Or is it not yet finished?

Your photos are cool too Conan. I'm into reflection shots as well. Problem is there's not much water around here! Very nice!

I photographed this sunset on the way home last night. Not quite as dramatic as the last one but not bad. People sometimes ask me if the color is real. I don't mess with the color with any of my photos. Sometimes I tweak the contrast but not very often.  I want the shot to be as accurate as possible. The problem with sunsets is that I'm working with a limited amount of time so I just pretty much point and shoot. We just get some pretty sunsets here!

I know the vertical shots are hard to view sometimes since they pretty much overwhelm the screen, but I've found (and you may already know) that if you are persistant in clicking on the photo, eventually you will get a more reasonably sized picture.

I think the last shot would have been nicer had that cactus been in better shape. Maybe one can find some poetic symbolism in the dying plant in the fading light or...no, actually I think the photo would've looked nicer with a better cactus. ;)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 11:59:24 AM by Clint van Wallach » Logged
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #334 on: March 09, 2007, 10:07:15 AM »

These were taken last week:

You can probably figure out what happened to our dog in that second photo.  ;)

And these were taken a few days ago:

That second photo is the exact same spot where our dog is in the photo above.
Agent
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #335 on: March 09, 2007, 11:53:24 AM »

The one with the birds is very cool.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it." - Clint Eastwood
Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

There's a darkness inside all of us ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #336 on: March 09, 2007, 07:37:44 PM »

My favorite as well. Very nice shots, Brendan  8)

Make-'em-run-around-the-block-howling-in-agony stunning

"He that hath no beard is less than a man, and he that is less than a man, I am not for him…" 'Much Ado About Nothing' Act 2, Scene I (William Shakespeare)

http://americanbphotography.tumblr.com/
Lilly
Member Extraordinaire

"If she looks back..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #337 on: March 13, 2007, 06:04:23 AM »

What's the pointy building? Never seen anything quite like it. It looks like you can see through it towards the top. Or is it not yet finished?

That's one of the most appreciated new buildings on the London skyline.  30 St Mary Axe, better known as "the Gherkin".  It's a Norman Foster building.  More photos here: http://www.reggie.net/album.php?albid=205

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/30_St_Mary_Axe

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #338 on: March 13, 2007, 10:43:46 AM »

Hmm, well, a pickle wasn't the first thing that came to mind when I saw that picture and I see I'm not the only one ... from the Wikipedia article ...

Due to its somewhat phallic appearance, other humorous nicknames have also been invented for the building (though they are not in general use), including "Towering Innuendo" and the "Crystal Phallus".
Agent
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #339 on: March 13, 2007, 11:47:24 AM »

So are you telling me this whole concept of "Mother Earth" has been a big lie....?!   :o

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it." - Clint Eastwood
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 69 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T