News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: RICHARD PRYOR DIES  (Read 1786 times)
mary mary

View Profile Email
« on: December 10, 2005, 03:38:14 PM »

Just heard the News, a great loss, I know he had been battling multiple sclerosis for something like 20 years.
I have fond memories at the local cinema watching such comedies as STIR CRAZY and SILVER STREAK.
GBU

Name's Ash. Housewares.

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 05:08:01 PM »

Its a shame he had to leave us. He broke boundaries and always made us laugh. R.I.P.  :'(

You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N.
~ Dazed and Confused
Agent
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 09:15:12 AM »

Definitely not a shock, but sad nonetheless.

Tribute

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it." - Clint Eastwood
little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 09:28:08 AM »

it's always sad when someone dies, i think if they are someone you got enjoyment out of, like an actor or comedian, it's a little more personal, even though you don't know them,in your mind you have a bond with them as your favourite comic or singer. and somewhat selfishly yo think of you missing that person and the joy they gave you, which is only human as its you that goes on living

he'll be sadly missed especially witht the work he did to highlight the crippaling disease of MS

He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.- Groucho Marx
D'Ambrosia
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 09:04:28 PM »

A Legend.

Truly a sad time in the world of comedy.  It has lost a true comedic genius.  Richard Pryor was one of  the best comedians of all time.  I have great memories growing up watching such movies like Stir Crazy and Silver Streak and sneaking into see Live on the Sunset Strip when I was twelve.  Discovering his “party records” as a teenager was like finding a hidden treasure you had no idea existed.  After hearing his “Greatest Hits” album I was instantly hooked.  I started collecting every wax  LP’s of his I could get my hands on and transferred them to cassettes (this was in the day before CD’s) and compiled over 4 hours of his comedy.

The Stir Crazy “getting bad” scene in the jail is one of the funniest moments captured on film.  “What are you dong”  “Getting bad!  You don’t get bad you get [email protected]#ked”  “What it is Holmes?  That’s right, that’s right we bad!”

His classic character of  Mudbone and renditions of the Wino and the Junkie are among my favorites.  The great thing about Pryor is that he took his comedy from experiences growing up and the audiences starting relating to him due to his brutal honesty.  In Pryor’s Live and Smoking  in New York in 1971 and you can sense tension and nervousness in the audience as they don’t know how to react to his monolog and some people just get up and walk out…

He changed the face of Comedy.   

Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2006, 01:07:08 AM »

He was one of my heroes. I enjoyed him watching his movies as a child and listening to his stand up comedy records. He will always be the greatest stand up ever in my book. He could say anything and it was funny. His delivery mixed with the facial expressions is priceless.

Music speaks louder then words. It's the only thing that the whole world listens to. (Peter, Paul & Mary)
No,namedfan

'Go ahead make my day'

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2006, 08:26:28 PM »

:'( :'( :'( :'( Man that sucks. I am still getting over the loss of Charles Bronson and Eddie Guerrero

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

A man's got to know his limitations
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T