News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clint's Most Underrated Film  (Read 25053 times)
Red Leary

"Go f*ck a duck!!!"

View Profile Email
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2006, 04:36:33 PM »

You know it's funny, I have Thunderbolt & Lightfoot in DVD and I loaned it out to someone at work who wanted to watch a movie with his family a few months back. They hated it. I was completely taken back. The census was it was slow and took too long to get going..ha ha...I was totally surprised...

You know? I really like THUNDERBOLT AND LIGHTFOOT...now I'm not sayin' it's in the same class as HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER, THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY or even MAGNUM FORCE...

"You, of all people, should understand that!"
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2006, 06:26:27 PM »

Actually, I would put Thunderbolt and Lightfoot in the same class as his best movies. O0

You know it's funny, I have Thunderbolt & Lightfoot in DVD and I loaned it out to someone at work who wanted to watch a movie with his family a few months back.
Thunderbolt and Lightfoot a family movie? ??? I guess it matters how old the kids are.
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2006, 03:31:32 PM »

Well Red and Chris...hey we liked the movie..ha

ha ha Well, What I guess i meant as family was with his wife. Thats basically what I meant, but you know i have a theory about movies today. Most movies today are made with special effects and let's face it pretty lame overrated stories and actors on the most part as far as the new relam of  Hollywood goes cant act. There really is not too many movies coming out that require you to actually sit still and think, Though Crash this year was very good.( Paul does good again) You almost been programmed to seeing everything where it's computer enchanced or the acting is robotical. Personally, I blame Star Wars for it and George Lucas and those guys. This guy i lent the movie to was 26, so what do you think he's been watching  these days...Vin Diesel movies...Gee theres a real acting find. So when you loan a movie like T&Lightfoot where you actually have to sit down and watch a slower paced build up of a action movie forget it, they r bored. already.
Regardless, I don't care. I liike Thunderbolt. I think it's a very good movie. I like Cimino and his work, before he went off the pathwith Heavens Gate, which some of you should check out for posterity, it's not as bad as you think,,and by the way I would reccommend 'Year Of The Dragon' by Michael Cimino with Mickey Rourke Red If you like his style of directing..great movie.
No,namedfan

'Go ahead make my day'

View Profile Email
« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2006, 08:50:30 PM »

:'( To many underrated films. But i would say that the top undertared firm's are.

The Gauntlet. Kickass film. highly enjoyable.
The Dead Pool. Another entreating film which gets too much flack even from some the fans.
Any which way you can. I love this film.
 And a lot more.

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

A man's got to know his limitations
Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

There's a darkness inside all of us ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2006, 10:18:21 AM »

:'( To many underrated films. But i would say that the top undertared firm's are.

The Gauntlet. Kickass film. highly enjoyable.
Well said, partner  ;) I knew I was not the only one.

Make-'em-run-around-the-block-howling-in-agony stunning

"He that hath no beard is less than a man, and he that is less than a man, I am not for him…" 'Much Ado About Nothing' Act 2, Scene I (William Shakespeare)

http://americanbphotography.tumblr.com/
No,namedfan

'Go ahead make my day'

View Profile Email
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2006, 11:21:20 AM »

8) Well Clint directing a film, how can you go wrong. The film is amazing. ;D

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

A man's got to know his limitations
icnmedia

Email
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2010, 05:09:02 AM »

I would go so far as to say my choice would be "White Hunter, Black Heart", the first time I saw it I am ashamed to say I was bored easily so I left, the second time I was in a better mood and watched it through, like the true eastwood fan that I am (LOL) and liked it much better. Especially the ending. Unfortunately I have had a chance to see it since.
Does anyone else have an under-rated film OR performance? I know with clint theres not many, since they are all great!
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2010, 09:24:44 AM »

icnmedia I agree with you,  White Hunter, Black Heart does seem to be an underrated movie.   It is one I have always liked from the first time I saw it.   There is a lot to the story and I find the actors and their characters extremely interesting.    Perhaps because African Queen is another movie I like very much WH,BH holds my interest. 

Clint's movies are rated differently by critics, sctors and folk on here.  I can't say Clint has made a movie I don't like, however some of them I like more than others.  :)
icnmedia

Email
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2010, 12:47:12 PM »

lin, I know what you mean
Aline

Email
« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2010, 01:15:06 PM »

I think White Hunter, Black Heart should have received more recognition, for sure. I've always loved this movie.

Another one that I confess is not one of my favs but I've read Clint himself consider underrated, is Honkytonk Man.
TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2010, 02:59:44 PM »

Clint's movies are rated differently by critics, sctors and folk on here.  I can't say Clint has made a movie I don't like, however some of them I like more than others.  :)

Lin, I totally agree with you! O0

The Clint Eastwood film which I believe is most under-rated is Bronco Billy.

It's a well made film, which happens to be one of my favourites but people just don't seem to appreciate it!

The only Clint Eastwood film which I don't like to watch is The Beguiled :(
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2010, 12:00:13 AM »

The Beguiled is one of my least favourites too 2M.  I don't know what it is about it but I watch it almost from behind the sofa.
Doug
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

"May I make a suggestion..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2010, 04:00:20 AM »

We do have a thread already for this: http://www.clinteastwood.org/forums/index.php?topic=5283.0

And I'm going to say Bird.  It saddens me how underrated it is even among the people here.  I love The Beguiled, and it's always been underrated.

"Yes, well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of a park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's my policy."  Frank Drebin, Police Squad.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2010, 06:39:43 AM »

We do have a thread already for this: http://www.clinteastwood.org/forums/index.php?topic=5283.0

Thanks, Doug. I've merged the two threads now. :)
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2010, 09:57:16 AM »

I think amongst people in the know Bird is fairly rated..

I think Honkytonk man is possibly Clints most underated movie...
I was lucky enough to see this at the (empty) cinema and was blown away by how good is was..
tho even today I don't think it gets the critical appreciation it deserves..

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Alcatraz
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2010, 08:03:09 PM »

I've always been partial to Space Cowboys. I'd say that one is underrated. Maybe Breezy and The Beguiled too.

"Reality continues to ruin my life" - Calvin
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2010, 10:49:06 PM »

Too bad you couldn't join us for Movie Night yesterday, Alcatraz!
Hung Cooper

View Profile Email
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2010, 11:42:20 PM »

Two Mules for Sister Sara.

Great western.
Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2010, 01:25:42 PM »

"Underrated"Eastwood film...maybe True Crime or Midnight In The Garden Of The Good And Evil.Both good,entertaining films if not Eastwood`s best.
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2010, 08:35:46 PM »

Honkeytonk Man is underated and one of my favorite Clint films.

Music speaks louder then words. It's the only thing that the whole world listens to. (Peter, Paul & Mary)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T