News: Coming in 2021: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clint as Billy the Kid  (Read 6370 times)
Adam S.
Member Extraordinaire

I just go BESERK!

View Profile WWW Email
« on: December 21, 2005, 08:31:43 PM »

We've had some discussions on here before about whether Clint should make another western.

Most people have said yes, but he should not play a gunfighter role.

How about a western/biopic that would include very little of the activity normally associated with western roles?

My idea is simply for Clint to tell the story of Billy the Kid.

Most people know the story of Pat Garrett killing Billy the Kid. What most do not know is that he may have survived.

In 1948, a man by the name of  Ollie L. "Brushy Bill" Roberts came forward and said he was in fact the infamous outlaw. The story was told to William V. Morrison.

I would like to see Clint in a movie about this, in the role of Roberts. He would not have to do any harmful activities, because there could be flashbacks of younger actors. Clint would just be the storyteller.

How can you contact Malpaso?

http://www.angelfire.com/mi2/billythekid/brushy.html

"I live in a room with a green radio
Curled in the womb of a 29-year low
Four walls from Heaven and one sin from Hell
In room 17 at Deguello Motel"

Roger Alan Wade
Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 08:28:30 AM »

My idea is simply for Clint to tell the story of Billy the Kid.

Most people know the story of Pat Garrett killing Billy the Kid. What most do not know is that he may have survived.

In 1948, a man by the name of  Ollie L. "Brushy Bill" Roberts came forward and said he was in fact the infamous outlaw. The story was told to William V. Morrison.

I would like to see Clint in a movie about this, in the role of Roberts. He would not have to do any harmful activities, because there could be flashbacks of younger actors. Clint would just be the storyteller.

So Clint Eastwood should do remake of Young Guns(I&II) ??? ;D

I think there`s enough films about Billy The Kid:Pat Garret and Billy The Kid,Left-Handed Gun and ofcourse Howard Hughes`s Outlaw...just to name a few.

But I would like to see another western from Eastwood but than again I would like to see just about anything from him  ;)
Racer X

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 06:12:07 AM »

I think that Young Guns was also one of the Billy The Kid movies. And not bad at all.
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2006, 04:29:00 PM »

Clint should have done the story Of Jonah Hex many years ago. It was a facinating comic book by DC Comics. It would have been awesome.
Jill

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 09:04:03 AM »

I can imagine the young Clint as Billy better. Of course with Lee Van Cleef as Pat Garrett.  O0
Man, that would be beautiful.

But who can shoot Clint? He's too fast...  ;) Remember what happened with Groggy when he proved to shot him in the back... ;D
MakeItVin

I admire your notion of fair odds, Mister!

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 02:07:10 PM »

I would love another western from Clint.  As for portraying Billy the Kid, maybe as an older Billy, kind of to fill in the void of mystery surrounding just how long Billy the Kid lived, provided he survived the Pat Garrett shooting.  There's enough mystery and controversy to let Clint play it however he wanted to.  The hiding from the law, the moving about here and there with adventures we never knew about, and possibly fitting in another meeting with Pat Garrett (depending on which take was used - A) Pat being his enemy; or B) the cooperated-upon story with Pat Garrett that allows him to escape with everyone thinking him dead) would allow for infinite plots and story lines.  It would allow for gunfight scenes that didn't have to be important or integral to the plot since they could be instances where someone challenged him to a fight, whether knowing who he was or not.  And of course Clint could find great ways to give more moral attention to the theme, not necessarily the morality of gunplay like in "Unforgiven", which would be re-hash, but maybe pay attention to just what it takes to hide from the law, or to turn down invitations to gunfights, or how difficult it was to stay hidden and still hunt down Pat Garrett (if the plot used that take on it). 

I don' know, but there's always room for more Clint Eastwood westerns.   
WeAllHaveItCominKid
Member Extraordinaire

They got a sign on him in front of Greely's?

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007, 06:50:06 AM »

I think Clint is to tall to play THE KID. Also, as mentioned, there's been plenty of films on this subject so I don't think Clint would go down that road.

Pat Garrett and Billy The Kid is a fantastic film directed by Sam Peckinpah that covers this story damn good. I think it's underrated.

I also think the Young Guns films are underrated. They're solid westerns, and I prefer Young Guns II which explains this story furthermore and is darker which I love.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T