News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guess the Dictator or Sit-Com Character  (Read 1647 times)
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: February 09, 2006, 01:17:34 AM »

I found this neat little game a few days ago.

Guess the Dictator or Sit-Com Character

Basically you can choose any Tv chracter (doesn't have to be a sitcom) and answer the questions. So far I've only beaten it once. It got MacGyver, Jean-Luc Picard and Tommy Gavin (Denis Leary from "Rescue Me") all right. I stumped it on Gil Grissom (William Petersen) from C.S.I.

I haven't bothered to try a dictator out. It's a pretty fun game but you have to know a bit about the character you choose. When I had chosen MacGyver it eventually asked me if I carry a Swiss Army Knife... that's when I knew it beat me. For Tommy Gavin it asked if I was a firefighter... and then I knew it beat me.

EDIT: GAH! It got me again with Veronica Mars from "Veronica Mars". Bloody thing asked me if my best friend was murdered and I knew it got it! BAH!!!

EDIT #2: "Do you travel through a stargate?" Yes. "I guess you're Col. Jack O'Niell from Stargate SG-1" BLAST!

EDIT #3: HA! Beat it! I chose Malcolm Reynolds from "Firefly". Sucka! The celebration didn't last long since it beat me again! "Do you kill vampires?" Yes. Damn you Buffy the Vampire Slayer!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 01:30:30 AM by Brendan » Logged
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 03:04:16 AM »

Is there a limit on how many questions it asks.The first time I played I chose Kramer from Seinfeld and it got it in about 15 questions,but then I picked Jill Taylor from Home Improvement and it asked nearly twice as many questions.I thought I had it beat then out of the blue it asked if I had picked Jill Taylor,then it said it knew from the beginning and was only stringing me along. Ahhhh  Damn Computers. >:(

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 04:15:00 AM »

to be fair to the programmer bren you're picking sci-fi characters, it asked you to pick a sit-com character.

He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.- Groucho Marx
dane with no name
Member Extraordinaire

I dont think it's nice you're laughing...

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 04:28:16 PM »

I went for former dictator Idi Amin, and it couldnt guess that one  :)
Lilly
Member Extraordinaire

"If she looks back..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 07:22:18 PM »

It didn't get General Galtieri either. :P
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2006, 07:30:03 PM »

I picked Robespierre ... that was child's play for the game. Though it tried to flatter me ...

Well, I win this round. You are player number 79 to pick Maximilien Robespierre from France, and what a clever choice it was! You almost had me for a while, but you let your guard down. Don't worry, it happens to all of us sooner or later. Please play again, and next time I'll be ready for you, Maximilien Robespierre from France.

I probably should have answered "No" to "Did you kill your king?" because of course ol' Max didn't literally operate the guillotine.

I wonder why it asked me "Are you bysexual?" [sic]  :o
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T