News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 280 Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE ENDLESS, POINTLESS thread  (Read 1013847 times)
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2640 on: January 23, 2007, 08:54:37 PM »

Ha, looks like a great album.

You were probably just waiting for a chance to post that, weren't you? ;D I envision most Romantic era poets as rock stars. :D

It swam into my ken only just today ... courtesy of the nice lady who watches over the "Shelley And His Circle Collection" at the New York Public Library. Or, as we like to call it during baseball season ... Shelley and His On Deck Circle. (And that DOES sound like a rock band.) ;)
little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #2641 on: January 24, 2007, 10:02:06 AM »

Congratulations, Christopher!

Have I got an album for you ...

:D
ha brilliant, whos this John Webster chap? webster is my real name!

He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.- Groucho Marx
Agent
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2642 on: January 24, 2007, 11:15:17 AM »

So your name is Little Bill Webster?

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it." - Clint Eastwood
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2643 on: January 25, 2007, 01:21:23 AM »

A Financial Plan That Comes With Mug Shots

By JOHN SCHWARTZ
Published: January 7, 2007

ONCE in a great while, an honest-to-goodness visionary shows up — someone who sees things in an utterly different way and helps to change our perspective as well.

Timothy J. Bowers is just such a man. His insights into the world of investing and retirement could reshape the way we look at the future. But you won’t find this giant in the case studies at Harvard Business School or sculpted in bronze on Wall Street.

That oversight could have something to do with the fact that Mr. Bowers is serving a three-year sentence for bank robbery in the Hocking Correctional Facility in Nelsonville, Ohio.

Plenty of people end up in prison when their plans for ill-gotten gain go awry. But getting rich from a robbery was not the goal of Mr. Bowers. Getting into prison was.

On May 1, Mr. Bowers — or, as he is known to the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction, prisoner A535976 — handed a teller a stickup note, got four $20 bills and then handed them over to a security guard, telling the guard that it was his day to be a hero, according to accounts by The Columbus Dispatch and The Associated Press.

At his trial in October, he explained to the judge that he was about to turn 63 and had lost his job making deliveries for a drug wholesaler. He said that with only minimum-wage jobs available, he preferred to draw a three-year sentence, which would get him to age 66, when, he said, he could live off of Social Security. And that is what he got.

From the New York Times ... more in the link above.
little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #2644 on: January 25, 2007, 05:08:24 AM »

no little bill is from little bill daggett ;)

He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.- Groucho Marx
Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

There's a darkness inside all of us ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2645 on: January 25, 2007, 06:10:23 PM »

While I was in New York I went to the taping of a talk show -the Dr Keith Ablow Show  8)
It's not Dr Phil or Dave Letterman -I was so mad  >:D we happened to be in front of CBS studios last Monday when people were waiting in line for the taping of the Late Show -BOY how I wish I had had a ticket that night  :-\

Anyway, I had never heard of Keith Ablow (he's a forensic psychologist) -and so did most of the people who went to the taping  ;D, but still I WENT TO THE TAPING OF A TALK SHOW *ahem*
What was fun is that they had to go ask people on the streets to come to the tapping -that's how I got my ticket. At one point during the show, people who had opened doors for us when we entered the building, people working there, members of the crew, sat with us pretending they were in the public. It was so empty I felt kinda bad for this Dr Keith. I even hurt my hands because they asked us to applaud twice as loud to make people in front of their TV's believe that we were 1000 (1000 is what they said, I mean come on! We were like 50 max in the studio!  :D :D)
I really don't know a thing about this talk show, but my guess is it has a pretty limited audience  ;D

It was about overweight actresses, by the way.

I got to see

Lindsay Hollister. She was one of the guests -the other actresses I had never heard about. I knew her because I watch Cold Case and watched Boston Public when it was still on, and she did make appearances on these shows. She seemed real nice.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 10:24:37 AM by Americanbeauty » Logged

Make-'em-run-around-the-block-howling-in-agony stunning

"He that hath no beard is less than a man, and he that is less than a man, I am not for him…" 'Much Ado About Nothing' Act 2, Scene I (William Shakespeare)

http://americanbphotography.tumblr.com/
Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2646 on: January 28, 2007, 10:46:55 PM »

"He that hath no beard is less than a man, and he that is less than a man, I am not for him…" 'Much Ado About Nothing' Act 2, Scene I (William Shakespeare)

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #2647 on: January 30, 2007, 03:32:05 AM »

This thread has had 39,000 views. :D

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #2648 on: January 30, 2007, 03:46:02 AM »

Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2649 on: January 30, 2007, 03:52:20 AM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D that scene is so funny  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D You started it, little_bill  :D It's almost 3am here and I can't stop laughing -if I go on like this I'm gonna wake up my roommate!

Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2650 on: January 30, 2007, 04:03:22 AM »

I found the clip on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaPxX-ks95Y  ;D

Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2651 on: January 31, 2007, 02:07:32 AM »

History of dance  :D

More than 40 million people have watched this clip  :o :o

Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2652 on: January 31, 2007, 02:14:16 PM »

"Does is the singular form of do"  :o No way!!  :D

This is what we talked about this morning for about 15 minutes in my editing class -far too long if you ask me, especially in a one-hour long class.

Oh and yeah, most of the people in this class are seniors.
One guy even asked if you should wrote "they weres" (yes, with an -s) or "they were".

Unbelievable.

little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #2653 on: January 31, 2007, 04:49:12 PM »

stick to blackadder AB less confusing  ;D

Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2654 on: January 31, 2007, 05:50:34 PM »

Yeah, I mean give me a "lucky, lucky, luck, clucky clucky cluck" anytime ;D ;D I wish I could stick to that  ;D

Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #2655 on: February 01, 2007, 12:21:22 AM »

Sorry, I have to say it... what's going on in Boston is just ridiculous. And I'm not talking about the people who are "responsible", I'm talking about the people who are "handling" the situation. This is just absolutely ridiculous.
little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #2656 on: February 05, 2007, 11:08:32 AM »

whats going on in boston?

Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #2657 on: February 05, 2007, 12:02:26 PM »

Just plain idiocy.

Turner Broadcasting hired some guys to hang these light up signs of a "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" character around the town. They've been in several different cities across America for three weeks now and someone in Boston called it in and said it was a bomb. Boston went nuts, dispatched everyone, got the FBI involved and even "detonated" these "bombs". They've even shown the "bomb" at a press conference and the police were wearing gloves while holding it, I guess because it's radioactive.

It was just a lame marketing decision on Turner's side but Boston blew it all out of proportion as soon as they thought it was a bomb. Rather then play it calm and find out what it is first they went nuts. Now the two marketers have been arrested and are being charged with intentionally creating a panic and such. This is a quote form the Assistant Attorney General:

"It's clear the intent was to get attention by causing fear and unrest that there was a bomb in that location."

Riiiight. They've been in several cities for three weeks. You know the full story now of what was going on. But Boston can't admit they screwed up or they look like even bigger idiots. Everyone I've spoken too about this situation agrees that Boston acted like a bunch of morons. I was even watching some things on CNN and MSNBC and they pretty much agreed to that it was overblown. I agree that it was a stupid marketing decision and I agree that perhaps Turner should have notified the right people but come on. There was no reason to blow this out proportion so fast.
little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #2658 on: February 05, 2007, 02:31:12 PM »

world is gone mad, some people take things too seriously,
Soccer has been called off in Italy after riots caused the tragic and completely unecessary loss of life of a police officer, jesus its just a game, its not supposed to cost lives, the worlds going crazy, sometimes i just despair.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/6326513.stm

Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2659 on: February 08, 2007, 12:31:10 AM »

I don't know if some of you watched Dexter on Showtime -I absolutely loved that show  O0

Anyway ... I took screencaps for those of you who are interested. If you're not, that's OK, I just felt like sharing  :D

http://www.geocities.com/dexternut/index.html?1166753064375

It might take a little time to load  :-\

Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 280 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T