News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 280 Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE ENDLESS, POINTLESS thread  (Read 1013867 times)
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4320 on: May 08, 2010, 07:35:59 PM »

I wonder if SK will get to 10,000 posts today. :o

I bet he does by the end of the day! I have enjoyed SK's posts for the time that I have been here. Keep on posting man!

Music speaks louder then words. It's the only thing that the whole world listens to. (Peter, Paul & Mary)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #4321 on: May 09, 2010, 07:32:19 PM »

I bet he does by the end of the day! I have enjoyed SK's posts for the time that I have been here. Keep on posting man!

Thanks RE. 8)

It took a little longer than expected but this is post 10,000, here on the board.  :o

It's quite scary isn't it. I suppose in all those posts, there hasn't been much ground breaking stuff from me. A lot of fluff and not much substance.

I was trying to think of something profound to post on this momentous occasion but I've got nothing. I thought about thanking certain people who I've met here on the board and become great friends, but I'm bound to miss a few names with my memory and I don't want to do that and embarrass myself by missing someone.

It's been quite a ride for the last 6 years. Joining in April '04 and being very wary early on I didn't post much but after about six months I was hooked on this site. I couldn't go to work of a morning without checking the board. I still can't. That's how much I love the site and the people here.

It's been mentioned so many times before that we're like a family. The couple of dozen regulars we have that pop in just about everyday. We don't always agree on things but we do have a lot of laughs and some serious discussions from time to time as well.

I've had some tough days this year personally and I don't want to bore everyone with my problems but coming on here each day is sort of an escape from all that. I don't know what I'd do if this board wasn't here.

The movie nights each month are probably the highlight for me on the board. I'm so glad that we have these regularly now. There were a couple of lean years there where we hardly had any. Just the thought of a bunch of us from around the world watching a film at the same time, I think is great and quite unique to forums on the net. I enjoy putting them together and seeing you all show up on the night/day.

Anyway here is the post that started it all way back when:

Greetings from down under,I'm new here,I have been a Clint fan all my life.Any other Aussies around?Any news on the new boxing movie from Clint apart from what is shown at IMDB.com?
 ;)

And KC's reply

Hi, tgy*, and welcome! I'm sure you'll hear the same from several of your countrymen who are members here before long.  8)

Not much is known about the new movie yet, but see this thread in the News forum where we discussed it a bit (and "speculated" a bit, as is the wont of some of us!) ;)

http://www.clinteastwood.org/forums/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=2247

*For those unaware, tgy was my former username here on the board, before I changed it to something more Clint related.

Here's to the next 10,000.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 07:36:16 PM by The Schofield Kid » Logged

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4322 on: May 09, 2010, 07:41:57 PM »

Congratulations, tgy! :D
Southern cat
Member Extraordinaire

The Man

View Profile Email
« Reply #4323 on: May 09, 2010, 07:49:40 PM »

Well I'm glad it's a day off for me to see SK's 10,000th post. You've been a great friend and I hope can still bug you for the next 10,000 posts. Did I say bug, I meant chat. ;)

Your input on the forums has been invaluable to say the least. O0

Cheers to you mate.

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4324 on: May 09, 2010, 07:54:35 PM »

For those wondering what SK's feat looks like in Mocha ...

Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #4325 on: May 09, 2010, 09:38:29 PM »

Well done SK or tgy as I always think of you. 

D'Ambrosia
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4326 on: May 09, 2010, 09:53:43 PM »

For those wondering what SK's feat looks like in Mocha ...

The color reminds me of the old old board!

Congradulations Kid!
Aline

Email
« Reply #4327 on: May 10, 2010, 05:52:16 AM »

I've always enjoyed SK posts (well, except the ones talking about golf >:D)
You are a great mod who brings a lot of fan and do a very competent job organizing those movie nights.
Congrats on hitting 10000 posts! O0
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4328 on: May 10, 2010, 04:39:19 PM »

Thanks everyone, glad you enjoy reading the golf thread Aline. ;)

Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4329 on: May 10, 2010, 05:54:20 PM »

So you put your 10,000th post in The Endless, Pointless thread? Totally awesome! O0
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4330 on: May 20, 2010, 08:01:00 AM »

" Men in black are the white knights of the night "   :o

NICK RALSTON  

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/men-in-black-are-the-white-knights-of-the-night-20100519-vfc5.html

He looked like an easy target: a medical student sitting alone on a late-night train.

The three men sidled up to the German student and told him to hand over his wallet. When he refused, they followed him off the train, trailing him as he walked past the hotel and pizza joint on Bringelly Road, Kingswood, in the city's west.When the student, who has asked not to be identified, turned down a dimly lit alley his pursuers thought their moment had come.

It had, but not in quite the way they expected.

The men tripped the 27-year-old student, kicking him as he lay on the ground and grabbing his mobile phone and iPod.

What the assailants did not realise was that they were standing outside Ninja Senshi Ryu - western Sydney's ninja warrior school.

They also failed to notice a ninja, Nathan Smith, standing in the shadows outside the dojo. Mr Smith immediately alerted his sensei, or teacher.

Kaylan Soto, a sensei with 30 years' Ninjutsu training, and three of his students raced out of the dojo towards the startled attackers. All five crusaders were clad in the ninja's traditional, all black uniform.

''We would have been just a silhouette,'' one of the ninjas, Steve Ashley, said. ''It was probably the worst place in Sydney where they could have taken him.''

Mr Soto said it took the three assailants a few moments to realise what was going on. When they did, they shot off. ''You should have seen their faces when they saw us in ninja gear coming towards them,'' he said.

The ninjas gave chase, but the men escaped. Police yesterday said they had made arrests in relation to the attack.

The medical student, who has been in Sydney for eight weeks on an exchange program, was left shaken but suffered only minor injuries.

As for the ninjas, they were back in training last night.

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4331 on: May 20, 2010, 11:27:37 PM »

Damn, now you all know what I'm doing when I'm not here. :D

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4332 on: May 20, 2010, 11:29:06 PM »

We Mods are right popular.  ^-^

Southern cat
Member Extraordinaire

The Man

View Profile Email
« Reply #4333 on: May 21, 2010, 12:27:33 AM »

We Mods are right popular.  ^-^

Don't police investigate peoples profiles? >:D
-satu-
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4334 on: May 21, 2010, 09:31:43 AM »

Checking in..

I've been a bit busy, graduation coming up! And I maybe got a job in one beauty salon here.. 10 minutes from my home.  8)

How are things here?  :)

Gonna be there for the movie night, wouldn't miss it for a million..  O0

Congrats Kid on the 10 000  ;)

Could anyone else have seen the beauty of it?
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4335 on: May 21, 2010, 06:18:20 PM »

Checking in..

I've been a bit busy, graduation coming up! And I maybe got a job in one beauty salon here.. 10 minutes from my home.  8)

How are things here?  :)

Gonna be there for the movie night, wouldn't miss it for a million..  O0

Congrats Kid on the 10 000  ;)

Welcome back, satu! Good luck with the job! I'll come to Finland and get my hair done! 8)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4336 on: May 21, 2010, 06:32:38 PM »

Looks like KC will hit 20,000 post by the end of the month. Maybe on Clint's birthday during the movie night would seem appropiate. 8)

-satu-
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4337 on: May 22, 2010, 12:21:36 AM »

Welcome back, satu! Good luck with the job! I'll come to Finland and get my hair done! 8)

:-\ I don't do hair, but I could do you a facial  ;)

Could anyone else have seen the beauty of it?
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4338 on: May 22, 2010, 09:52:52 AM »

I've been a bit busy, graduation coming up! And I maybe got a job in one beauty salon here.. 10 minutes from my home.  8)

Congratulation for your graduation, Satu !  O0   Good luck for your professional life !  8)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 09:53:57 AM by higashimori » Logged

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4339 on: May 22, 2010, 09:55:52 AM »

Oh well, I'll take the facial. And I forgot to say Congratulations on your graduation! 8)
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 280 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T