News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 280 Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE ENDLESS, POINTLESS thread  (Read 1014257 times)
Doug
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

"May I make a suggestion..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #4400 on: July 08, 2010, 07:12:09 AM »

Yes, it is a hoax.  Still, only five more years until I get my hoverboard.  And hey, only nine more years before flying cars are ubiquitous and we have to start worrying about replicants.   

"Yes, well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of a park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's my policy."  Frank Drebin, Police Squad.
dane with no name
Member Extraordinaire

I dont think it's nice you're laughing...

View Profile Email
« Reply #4401 on: July 08, 2010, 02:15:11 PM »

That's true, Doug.  ;D
With todays 3D craze in the cinemas, this one might also happen as well.

it still looks fake  ;)
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4402 on: July 08, 2010, 11:17:03 PM »

I am averaging 5 cigarettes a day the last three days! This is good compared to 15 to 20! I am trying to quit. Wish me luck my friends.  O0

Music speaks louder then words. It's the only thing that the whole world listens to. (Peter, Paul & Mary)
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #4403 on: July 09, 2010, 01:01:12 AM »

I am averaging 5 cigarettes a day the last three days! This is good compared to 15 to 20! I am trying to quit. Wish me luck my friends.  O0

I do wish you luck Richard Earl.  Think of the savings you will make, money and most of all your life.   Keep going and set a goal to finish for good. :)
Southern cat
Member Extraordinaire

The Man

View Profile Email
« Reply #4404 on: July 09, 2010, 01:34:49 AM »

Best of luck Rich, you can do it. :)
Elizabeth77
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4405 on: July 09, 2010, 08:29:12 AM »

I wish you success, Richard Earl.  Quitting is one of the best choices in life you can make.  :)

"Thought I was having trouble with my adding.  It's all right now."
TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #4406 on: July 09, 2010, 11:12:36 AM »

Good luck Richard ;)

I have never smoked but I know quite a few people who do or have done in the past and it's all about willpower :)

It's great that you are trying to quit but if you don't at least you are cutting down :)
Sylvie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4407 on: July 09, 2010, 12:32:05 PM »

O0 Hold on Richard !!!

"If she looks back, that means she's interested . Come on now, give me a little look. One little glance back..."

2007 Movie journal
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4408 on: July 09, 2010, 06:17:13 PM »

Courage, Richard !  I support you, too !  :)

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
dane with no name
Member Extraordinaire

I dont think it's nice you're laughing...

View Profile Email
« Reply #4409 on: July 10, 2010, 12:54:57 AM »

Good Luck Richard.  O0

Correct me if I am wrong, but I'm guessing you have been cutting your use of cigarettes down to the "habit" or "ritual"cigaretttes as I tend to call them. Meaning that you only smoke those cigarettes that has become too much of a habit to smoke, for example; One when you get up in the morning, one after lunch/dinner, one when you get home from work, one before going to bed (or something along those lines)
That's what I have been doing when I have tried to quit, and it feels better than going "cold turkey"

Of these five I've found the morning/evening cigarette to be the easiest ones to "lay off" and the "after dinner cigarettes" to be the hardest.
Try having a bowl of carrot sticks (or some other "cigaretteshaped" vegetable) around to quell the  need for a cigarette.

Eventually try to eliminate one particular habit cigarette for a whole week. If you can cut that one out for a week, while finding some other habit to replace with the cigarette, it's a fairly good bet you can eliminate it all together.
If the need gets too great, try nipping half a piece of nicotin chewing gum on occasion instead of the particular cigarette.
Also remember to mention that you're trying to quit to your friends/family and that you appreciate their support. People tend to be very helpful and forgiving, even when you are most grumpy due to lack of nicotin.
My personal achilles heel is definetly the "beer cigarette". Whenever I get a cold pint in one hand, the other hand wants to light up  :D
Aline

Email
« Reply #4410 on: July 10, 2010, 07:14:43 AM »

That's great, Rich. I've told before I'm from a family of smokers. My father and two uncles died of emphysema. I'm so grateful my mother quitted long time ago but I remember it was hard to her.

I'm very happy you're getting get over it because smoking doesn't lead to anything good.

By the way, I watched this the other day. It's a brasilian movie called "É Proibido Fumar" (Smoking is not allowed)

It's about a woman who smokes and feel everybody is moving away from her because of her habit. Could be a good one to you watch. :)

I'm very happy for you.
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4411 on: July 13, 2010, 10:12:45 PM »

I played ny acoustic set at the coffee bar last night and my newest song "Cold Beer" was a hit.  O0

Music speaks louder then words. It's the only thing that the whole world listens to. (Peter, Paul & Mary)
LCat
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4412 on: July 14, 2010, 02:01:21 PM »

That's great, Rich. I've told before I'm from a family of smokers. My father and two uncles died of emphysema. I'm so grateful my mother quitted long time ago but I remember it was hard to her.

I'm very happy you're getting get over it because smoking doesn't lead to anything good.

It's about a woman who smokes and feel everybody is moving away from her because of her habit. Could be a good one to you watch. :)

I'm very happy for you.

I think there is so much cancer in my family, Aline, because of all the smoking that went on. I think through second hand smoke, I developed asthma as an adult. We would run away especially from my Marlboro Man Uncle who would follow us. It was awful. He wouldn't quit until his lung collapsed from the cancer. He lingered a while and then died. My mother died of cancer, too--I knew her to smoke when I was a child.

An ex used to smoke 4 packs a day. (And he drank) He's got emphysema (and liver disease) and asthma.

I don't understand why anyone would do this to themselves.

I'm going to try to see the movie you recommended. Perhaps it will answer some of my questions.

LCat

Goals are Great!
Aline

Email
« Reply #4413 on: July 15, 2010, 06:23:30 AM »

I'm sorry, LCat, that's terrible.

I don't understand why anyone would do this to themselves.

I don't understand either, I think there's no reason. They just start and the habit dominate them.

I'm going to try to see the movie you recommended. Perhaps it will answer some of my questions.

When I wrote my previous post I hadn't finished watching the movie yet.
Avoid it (this goes to Rich too).
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4414 on: July 15, 2010, 06:34:25 AM »

I played ny acoustic set at the coffee bar last night and my newest song "Cold Beer" was a hit.  O0

Nice, Richard !! "Cold beer" sounds and taste very good ! 8) Could we not be privilege to listen to your music somewhere, on You Tube or My space for example? ;)

« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 06:50:04 AM by higashimori » Logged

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4415 on: July 15, 2010, 03:28:26 PM »

Nice, Richard !! "Cold beer" sounds and taste very good ! 8) Could we not be privilege to listen to your music somewhere, on You Tube or My space for example? ;)

Thanks Higgi! There is one recording where I sing and play and it was done on a camcorder. I emailed it to one of our awesome members here . The quality is okay but I want to get my songs recorded in a studio and get them copyrighted before ever posting them on a sight like the ones you mentioned. As soon as I have them recorded, Higgi I will let you know. Thank you.  :)

Southern cat
Member Extraordinaire

The Man

View Profile Email
« Reply #4416 on: July 16, 2010, 09:16:18 PM »

Nice, Richard !! "Cold beer" sounds and taste very good ! 8)

I agree, would love to hear it some day Rich.

First post here in off-topic discussion in 30 hours. :o
Southern cat
Member Extraordinaire

The Man

View Profile Email
« Reply #4417 on: July 16, 2010, 09:23:23 PM »

All the Mods have gone missing in action so to speak, although I do feel there is always one protecting angel looking over us filthy beggars. ;)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 11:51:55 PM by Southern cat » Logged
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #4418 on: July 16, 2010, 09:30:13 PM »

A golden-haired angel perhaps. :)

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Southern cat
Member Extraordinaire

The Man