News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 280 Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE ENDLESS, POINTLESS thread  (Read 1156962 times)
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5100 on: November 07, 2012, 06:27:38 PM »

In a kitchen in New York City, a mother is in the kitchen...doing the dishes. Meanwhile, her mentally challenged, but loving son, plays with a dump truck on the floor next to her.

"Mummy?" The boy said to get her attention.

The mother stopped her rendition of "Do a little dance, make a little love get down tonight" and says "Yes BDC?"

"Do you believe in God?" the boy says, poising himself to poop in the carriage of the dump truck hes playing with.

The mother stops him from doing that...sigh..yet again...and then answers "Well, I dont know son. I know there is something out there, watching out for us..always has been. I believe in something bigger than us."

"You mean Matt Muhmmie?"....he says staying with the conversation, but somewhat agitated he couldnt finish his business with the truck.

"Yes son, Matt".

"Muhmmie, when is he coming back? Do you think hes watching us now?"

"No son, I dont think he is coming back...but I think he watches us all the time"

"Thats stalking Muhmmie"...bdc says. His eyes filled with wonder...and love....and true and utter stupidity.

"But he loves us Bdc...dont ever think he doesnt for a second"...KC slips on her apron that says "THE SUNSHINE BAND" on the front to make her sons favorite lunch...pre chewed Peanut butter and jelly sandwich and licorice pudding.

Suddenly, there is a knock at the door...they both stare at each other...

"You answer it Muhmmie...Im a little busy"...he takes his dump truck to the living room...hes gonna finish what he started...

;D
bdc28
Classic Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #5101 on: November 14, 2012, 05:37:41 AM »

Pan in shot to a luxury cruise...on the deck.......in turn of the century silent film.

Begin piano music......

Show man sitting and sunning on the deck with a full body bathing suit on, black and white prison striped....with a part in his hair that looks like it was put there with a hatchet...and one of those handlebar moustaches....sitting in a lounge chair....casually reading a paper.

The title on the front of the newspaper....."Clint Eastwood talking to furniture..."

The character makes a face....sighs...then looks towards the camera.

He holds up a sign...that says simply "Matt"

Then he puts it down and picks up another sign "GMAT"

And still another that says "Daisy?"

Why did the theme to THE LOVE BOAT start????

"I once shot an elephant in my pajamas. What he was doing wearing my pajamas I have no idea..."
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5102 on: November 14, 2012, 07:05:15 AM »

If you build it, they will come! :D
bdc28
Classic Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #5103 on: November 20, 2012, 08:55:02 AM »

People say the definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result.

People should not say these things as a response when I am ordering coffee in Starbucks. It totally throws off my seven word coffee order and I have to start all over again....sigh. "Yes I would like a Frappicinio-AlPacino...where was I?"

"When last we left our caped crusaders...."

I have ALWAYS wanted someone to say that about me when I am at work. NOBODY will do it. I have worn EVERY KIND OF CAPE IMAGINABLE!!! I have to say I make the Dracula hood look very snazzy if I do say so myself.

Ok, along those lines...I gotta ask. What is a "Ward"? I mean, didnt anyone ever ask why Bruce Wayne had a "young ward" in Dick Grayson hanging around him, and no girlfriend. I mean lets face facts here...women love a flash ride. The Batmobile? IT GOES UP WALLS!!!! If there is no girlfriend its cause he doesnt want one.....

..Which brings us back to the potentially sexually abuse and coerced to wear a sexually promiscious VICTIM...Dick Grayson\Robin. Really? He HAS to wear those n*thugger shorts??

The Endless Pointless thread is concerned for the safety of child heroes.

"I once shot an elephant in my pajamas. What he was doing wearing my pajamas I have no idea..."
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5104 on: November 20, 2012, 03:31:21 PM »

bdc, I should rap your knuckles ... but I won't! ;D
bdc28
Classic Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #5105 on: November 26, 2012, 06:56:11 AM »

SCENE: A lone door that reads SAM SPADE, PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR. Cue Film Noir music.

It was a night like any other night...which didnt make it a very distinct night at all. Come to think of it really what distinguishes nights? What kind of opening line is that. I could say "It was a foot like any other foot" is that really telling you anything??

I was sitting at the desk....looking studiously at the silly putty I was playing with....the stack of unpaid bills sitting on the floor....thats when she walked in...

She was a leggy dame...a beautiful dame...the kind of dame that makes dame even DAMER. Her eyes glowed like big glowy things....her legs long....sleek.....like long sleek things that are under someone helping them walk...

..Im terrible with descriptions....

She looked at me with those glowing lookers and said "Spade? Sam Spade?" Her eyes made to look more beautiful by the haze of smoke surrounding her...swirling around her like a light mist as she slowly turned her head and sat down.

I sat watching her, transfixed...because neither one of us were smoking and I should have been REALLY concerned where all this smoke was coming from.

"You got it lady, whats all the hubub?" I opted not to take my feet off the desk and leaned back in my chair to hear her story. No dame was gonna make me crease, no matter how beautiful....the would have worked beautifully if I didnt lean too far back in the chair...falling out of it and under my desk...I got up...got my head out of the wastepaper basket and said "Go ahead...whatcha need?"

"Mr Spade" she continued "My name is KC...and I need to hire you for a missing persons case, actually two. The love of my life has disappeared, his name is Matt. Although I warn you before you take the case, I dont have much on his whereabouts. He has been gone for awhile now. My world has become, quiet...eerily quiet...without him. As a moderator of a web board I have felt his loss more than anyone who has left the board...and I...Mr Spade? MR SPADE??"

I couldnt help it, I was staring around the room not listening to her...looking at every single detail...walking around...finally I said "Did you notice EVERYTHING in this room is black and white? Even you and me? WHY IS THAT?? I know this suit was blue when I put it on this morning".....she sighed in dismay....

"You said TWO people you were looking for" I said, composing myself....no seriously the suit really was blue.

"The other one is a woman named Daisy.....my long lost sister Mr. Spade. Her side of the family is inherently rich, she usually can be found in the company of rich men. Shes a sly one, not one to be trusted Mr. Spade. But shes family...and I love her"

It was at this point I knew she was lying...I grabbed her by the arm and pulled her close to my face "Come on Sister, you dont really expect me to buy this song and dance do you? Why are you really looking for her?"

"Mr Spade....I...I dont know what you are talking about" she gasped...our faces close...then...she licked the tip of my nose.

..no seriously...she really did.

I let her go...but only for now...that whole nose licking thing was gonna come in handy later. I didnt know how yet. But people didnt call me the worlds greatest private eye for nothing. As a matter of fact, they didnt call me the worlds greates private eye at all.

"Ok Lady, Ill take the case, but Ill warn you...people dont get found unless deep down they really want someone to find them. You got any pictures?" I was back at my desk now...my pen in hand...no paper. DAMN I really have got to get to the supply store.

She handed me a pic of her missing beau, Matt. Yeah I had seen his type before. Strong chin, piercing eyes. Broad shoulders, the kind of man women swoon over. The kind of man certain men swoon over...as I studied the picture I didnt want to break it to her that men like this always leave for another broad....women love men strikingly handsome like that...

"Mr. Spade why are you rubbing the photo all over your face?" She interrupted

"Never mind that, and dont interrupt my investigative process again". She left me a number to contact her..."You know Mr. Spade, although your a tall drink of water...I always thought you would be....taller"

"Yeah yeah...and I always thought moonbeams would be made of cheese string..."....her brow furrowed.....I told you I sucked at this descriptive thing.

As she walked out the phone rang "Office of Sam Spade? Oh hi Mr. Spade...no...no one has come in and no appointments...NO SIR I AM NOT SITTING AT YOUR DESK AGAIN....do you need me to pick up your laundry and takeout order?"

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5106 on: November 26, 2012, 07:46:24 AM »

;D 
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #5107 on: November 26, 2012, 04:09:04 PM »

Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5108 on: January 07, 2013, 01:44:54 AM »

I'm in a music club... where a bunch of us get together once a month, drink wine and all bring along music that fits a certain pre decided theme...ie girls names, colours, food...etc.

This weeks theme is the four seasons and Im struggling a little... We do try and stay away from the more obvious choices....
Any ideas anyone.... ?

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #5109 on: January 07, 2013, 02:24:33 AM »

I'm in a music club... where a bunch of us get together once a month, drink wine and all bring along music that fits a certain pre decided theme...ie girls names, colours, food...etc.

This weeks theme is the four seasons and Im struggling a little... We do try and stay away from the more obvious choices....
Any ideas anyone.... ?

Well I suppose "Autumn Leaves" is out then, along with "Winter Wonderland", "Younger Than Springtime" and "Summer Love".     :2funny:    Sorry Gant, just trying to be funny.  ;D

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5110 on: January 07, 2013, 07:47:28 AM »

Vivaldi doesn't work here either, I suppose?   :D
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5111 on: January 07, 2013, 10:09:25 AM »

Covers all the bases tho... I could just stick that on and drink a whole bottle.  :)

Gant
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5112 on: January 16, 2013, 01:49:03 PM »

I've gotta make cocktails for some Italian friends this weekend... Any ideas what I should  go with ..?

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5113 on: January 16, 2013, 10:05:41 PM »

Martini? :D
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5114 on: January 17, 2013, 02:37:41 PM »

I finally masterd the art of making omlettes.... what do you put in yours..?

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5115 on: January 17, 2013, 08:27:07 PM »

Eggs? ;)
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #5116 on: January 17, 2013, 09:49:01 PM »

Eggs? ;)
O0  :D

And mushrooms, green and red pepper or onions.  ;)

Hey Gant! why not to make appetizers with seasonal vegetables, Endive, for beginning?
Menu looks gorgeous and very easy to make!

http://oishiieats.blogspot.fr/2007/07/toasting-to-our-first-year-eat-drink-be.html
http://www.belgianendive.com/recipes.htm
https://www.google.fr/search?q=endive+salad&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=4iW&sa=X&tbo=u&rls=org.mozilla:fr:official&tbm=isch&source=univ&ei=OgT4UIPcBuTK0QWW5IGICw&ved=0CCkQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=631
http://edgyveggiebytes.wordpress.com/2010/01/23/endive-and-goat-cheese-salad/
http://www.food.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=352609

These sites are just a few examples. Just to get the idea.  :)

Potatoes and boiled eggs. (façon Mimosa), Avocado, tomatoes and boiled eggs(façon Mimosa), Surimi crab, eggs, and cucumber, Tuna and potatoes, Shrimp and lettuce,  Tartare cheese and potato, Foie gras..... and Caviar! .... Etc, etc..
You have a choice to have the courage to use the Endive for all menus....for salads, hors d'oeuvres.and for main dishes, fish, chicken, and beef. Finally for desserts to the end!  You can use it for anything!
You just need to have a little imagination.  With that you can reduce the quantity of washing dishes after cocktails!!  ;)  :D

Try and Enjoy!!  :)

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5117 on: January 29, 2013, 10:51:37 PM »

This was the last post on the Forum ...

A Force Of One

Starring Chuck Norris

No new posts in more than twenty-four hours!  :-\
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5118 on: March 13, 2013, 10:14:21 PM »

Happy Pi Day, everyone!   :D
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #5119 on: May 09, 2013, 07:34:32 PM »

I think it is true that plants talks with each other and has likes and dislikes with each other as human!  :)

" Plants 'talk' to plants to help them grow "

http://phys.org/news/2013-05-plants-talk-to-help-them.html

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 280 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T