News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 280 Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE ENDLESS, POINTLESS thread  (Read 1156953 times)
LCat
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #5120 on: May 09, 2013, 08:28:22 PM »

Why do I have asthma? Is it because of all the second-hand smoke my family created when I was a baby and growing up?

Anybody got any secrets or tips on how to stop asthma without medication?

I'd appreciate it!

Thanks,

LCat

Goals are Great!
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #5121 on: May 09, 2013, 11:32:47 PM »

Lots and lots of swimming.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #5122 on: May 10, 2013, 12:42:57 AM »

Lots and lots of swimming.

I'll second that SK.
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5123 on: June 10, 2013, 12:46:16 AM »

Hey KC... Has your family got any links to Germany..? I just played a town with the same name as your surname..

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5124 on: June 10, 2013, 06:49:20 AM »

Yeah, that's right, though they spell it with a "K" at the beginning and no "t" before the "z."

I suppose my father's people must have come from there originally. He explained to me once that the city (and family) name came from the Latin "confluentia," meaning the place where two rivers—the Rhine and the Mosel—flow together.
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5125 on: June 10, 2013, 02:59:11 PM »

and thats exactly where I was this weekend.... lovely place, really beautiful..

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
dane with no name
Member Extraordinaire

I dont think it's nice you're laughing...

View Profile Email
« Reply #5126 on: July 05, 2013, 02:06:40 PM »

Usually the Thai policeofficers would waste hours on discussing who should be "the good cop" and who should be "the bad cop"  ;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/6932801.stm
dane with no name
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #5127 on: July 05, 2013, 02:10:08 PM »

Why do I have asthma? Is it because of all the second-hand smoke my family created when I was a baby and growing up?

How long has this been going on? Have you considered possible allergies, that might trigger/stack with astma attacks?
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5128 on: July 05, 2013, 05:53:36 PM »

Hey Dane, nice to see you on the Board!
dane with no name
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #5129 on: July 07, 2013, 05:05:14 AM »

Hi KC.
Yeah, nice to be back.  :)
How're you doing?
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5130 on: July 07, 2013, 07:01:37 AM »

I'm good, dreaming of Crispbreads ... How's yourself?
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #5131 on: July 12, 2013, 07:13:23 PM »

I'd appreciate it!

Thanks,

LCat

Things like improved by swimming for a long time is said, but the inflammation is not subsided.
It is because you feel the medical condition has become better that you have trained the respiratory muscles, to increase the value of the peak flow. It should also be noted that being exacerbated by the chlorine in the pool, in some cases.  The fatigue caused by swimming, some patients became ill with the chlorine.

If you can try with...

[Radish, Daikon]  It is recommended to drink the grated radish (daikon) juice added honey.
[Ginger] Attack will subside to drink the hot ginger juice added honey.
[Leek] Attack will subside to drink take the leek juice.
[Garlic] It is said that if you eat garlic steamed daily, asthma is cured naturally. And the garlic juice is effective for attack.
[Ginkgo] The symptoms are alleviated when you eat about 5-6 pieces of grilled ginkgo.
[Potatoes] Potassium has the effect of improving asthma.  Potatoes are rich in potassium, to be called "King of potassium."

From Japanese Wiki:
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%B0%97%E7%AE%A1%E6%94%AF%E5%96%98%E6%81%AF#.E3.81.9D.E3.81.AE.E4.BB.96.E3.81.AE.E6.B2.BB.E7.99.82

And protect your breathing with the mask if possible when you use products the type of spray paint in your work.

But I think you probably know unfortunately that your love for the cats has a negative impact on most of your asthma !! :(

Take care of yourself, LCat!  :)

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5132 on: July 12, 2013, 08:02:19 PM »

LCat hasn't been around here in a couple of months now. Hope she's feeling OK.
dane with no name
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #5133 on: July 13, 2013, 02:04:37 AM »

I'm good, dreaming of Crispbreads ... How's yourself?
I'm fine, thanks.
Got promoted at work which while wonderful in itself, triggered a workload avalance of different projects, which was the main reason for my recent board hiatus.

But now summer is here, (and it's even the very rare, warm and sunny kind!  :o ) so it's all about enjoying it while we have it.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5134 on: July 20, 2013, 01:49:05 PM »

I'd be enjoying the New York summer more if it hadn't been over 90° F/32° C for seven days in a row!  :o
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5135 on: July 20, 2013, 01:54:38 PM »

What is the world coming to if you can't even quote a single line from a novel without being sued by representatives of the dead author's estate? ???

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/07/19/the-past-is-not-dead-but-faulkner-case-against-midnight-in-paris-is-dismissed/

Fortunately, the judge threw it out ... and gave me a laugh on a hot summer's afternoon:

Having viewed “Midnight in Paris” and read “Requiem for a Nun” in the course of the case, Judge Mills wrote that the court was “thankful that the parties did not ask the court to compare ‘The Sound and the Fury’ with ‘Sharknado.’”
Doug
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

"May I make a suggestion..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #5136 on: July 21, 2013, 04:21:03 AM »

What is the world coming to if you can't even quote a single line from a novel without being sued by representatives of the dead author's estate? ???

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/07/19/the-past-is-not-dead-but-faulkner-case-against-midnight-in-paris-is-dismissed/

Fortunately, the judge threw it out ... and gave me a laugh on a hot summer's afternoon:

At least the case prompted him to watch a good movie and read a good book, so it's not a total loss.

"Yes, well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of a park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's my policy."  Frank Drebin, Police Squad.
dane with no name
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #5137 on: July 26, 2013, 01:24:47 PM »

AskReddits new challenge (What is the best horror story you can come up with in two sentences.) has given some damn creepy replies...

A few examples ;

I begin tucking him into bed and he tells me, “Daddy check for monsters under my bed.” I look underneath for his amusement and see him, another him, under the bed, staring back at me quivering and whispering, “Daddy there’s somebody on my bed.”

The doctors told the amputee he might experience a phantom limb from time to time. Nobody prepared him for the moments though, when he felt cold fingers brush across his phantom hand.

They celebrated the first successful cryogenic freezing. He had no way of letting them know he was still conscious.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/1iwylh/what_is_the_best_horror_story_you_can_come_up/
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5138 on: August 18, 2013, 07:39:40 PM »

Remember Tom Ligon, who played young Horton Fenty in Paint Your Wagon? The New York Times had a nice human interest story on him recently:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/17/nyregion/he-used-to-be-on-police-dramas-then-he-met-a-bad-guy-in-real-life.html

In brief, he foiled a burglary. But it's really a vest-pocket biography of the man, and a nice read.

(I put this here rather than in the "Eastwood in the Press: Minor Mentions" thread because, well, it's really not Clint-related. But a good story, anyway.)
Elizabeth77
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #5139 on: August 20, 2013, 07:36:09 AM »

Remember Tom Ligon, who played young Horton Fenty in Paint Your Wagon? The New York Times had a nice human interest story on him recently:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/17/nyregion/he-used-to-be-on-police-dramas-then-he-met-a-bad-guy-in-real-life.html

In brief, he foiled a burglary. But it's really a vest-pocket biography of the man, and a nice read.

(I put this here rather than in the "Eastwood in the Press: Minor Mentions" thread because, well, it's really not Clint-related. But a good story, anyway.)

Thanks for posting this, KC.  It was a nice read.  :)

"Thought I was having trouble with my adding.  It's all right now."
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 280 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T