News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 280 Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE ENDLESS, POINTLESS thread  (Read 1156012 times)
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #5280 on: January 13, 2016, 01:15:05 PM »

And that also means in my early 20s I went from that Tightrope avatar to a Muppet one... :o ??? :D
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5281 on: January 13, 2016, 02:01:25 PM »

Maybe you had some poutine, and all that tension slipped away?
Conan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

JP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5282 on: January 13, 2016, 03:02:43 PM »

I remember Gunny, and vaguely remember Holden's parody.  Gunny crafted the most confusing posts in CEWB history.  It was like braindump haiku.

Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5283 on: January 13, 2016, 03:36:34 PM »

I started looking on the Wayback machine to try to find my first post here. I was lurking for a few months, and finally registered specifically to go off on him. That was my first post. I'm surprised I didn't get banned immediately.
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #5284 on: January 13, 2016, 05:55:51 PM »

Any of you remember playing video games with the Atari game system?  I watched a documentary on Netflix about the Atari and about the infamous E.T. Game. I remember my brother and I tried so hard to get E.T. back home but it never worked. My mom and dad both tried and still no luck. Finally we got so mad my mom through it away. Now that game is probably worth a lot of money. I also tenement playing centipede and frogger. Those games were a lot of fun. Along with pac man. They say that E.T. Game was the reason for Ataris demise. But I think that's unfair to say. It wasn't the designers fault entirely. I won't say anymore for those who haven't seen it yet. But it's not all his fault. Those were fun times for sure! 

I had The Atari 2600 as well! I spent many hours from about 1982- 1985 playing that game console. The memories brings a big smile to my face when thinking about that time period as a child.

Music speaks louder then words. It's the only thing that the whole world listens to. (Peter, Paul & Mary)
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #5285 on: January 13, 2016, 06:01:26 PM »

I still have an old school Atari game system here with about a dozen cartridges. I ALSO have PONG (Sears version era early 1970's).

I didn't have E.T., but I had Space Invaders, Pacman and a bunch of others. In truth, I don't play new games anymore (my addictive personality warns me to stay away from them), but every now and then I will connect it and play a little of the old stuff).

I spent so many of my 6th grade year playing the Atari Space Invaders! I loved that game! My other favorites were Megamania, Frogger, Chopper Command  and Pitfall which was by far me favorite Atari game. Does anyone remember the terrible Superman game? You just flew around as Superman with no objective to the game.

Music speaks louder then words. It's the only thing that the whole world listens to. (Peter, Paul & Mary)
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #5286 on: January 13, 2016, 07:00:06 PM »

I spent so many of my 6th grade year playing the Atari Space Invaders! I loved that game! My other favorites were Megamania, Frogger, Chopper Command  and Pitfall which was by far me favorite Atari game. Does anyone remember the terrible Superman game? You just flew around as Superman with no objective to the game.
I've never heard of the Superman game! Was it inspired by the 1978 movie?
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #5287 on: January 13, 2016, 09:30:54 PM »

I really miss those atari games!  Espicially space invaders and frogger.
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #5288 on: January 13, 2016, 11:25:28 PM »

That horrible Superman game was just a horrible game not based on any film. Look it up on Youtube.

Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5289 on: March 19, 2016, 09:57:55 AM »

Only eight more days....

Thankful Easter is early this year. Ever since Christopher mentioned Babe, I've been wanting a ham dinner.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #5290 on: March 19, 2016, 11:26:49 AM »

;D Oh, man, you're not even right! And I know I find myself saying that more often now. ;)

Here's one of my favorite clips from Babe:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/pExCByqi0NU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/pExCByqi0NU</a>
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5291 on: March 19, 2016, 11:54:44 AM »

Darn Christopher.... you made me feel bad.

BAD THAT I DON'T HAVE ANY HAM IN THE HOUSE.  I have some beer brats though. I can still defrost in time for dinner.  ;D
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5292 on: March 19, 2016, 11:57:32 AM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/4Q_qI7_QF3w" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/4Q_qI7_QF3w</a>

More pigs and music...  much better though.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #5293 on: March 19, 2016, 12:00:12 PM »

;D

I do eat ham, too, btw.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #5294 on: March 19, 2016, 04:09:10 PM »

In fact I had pork chops earlier today. And I quietly sang "If I had Words"... ;)
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5295 on: March 19, 2016, 04:13:07 PM »

;D  Doubt the pig enjoyed it as much as Babe.
Scorpio Killer

View Profile Email
« Reply #5296 on: April 01, 2016, 07:21:18 PM »

I like pie. Pumpkin Pie, Apple Pie, Blueberry Pie, Chocolate Cream Pie, Lemon Meringue Pie, Turtle Pie (that's not the turtle with the shells  ;D ) it's the turtle with chocolate and peanuts, and caramel.

And I like Strawberry Pie, and pudding pie.

Pudding pops are great too. Pudding and pie.

But more than anything, I like pie.

Cheesecake pie.

I don't like mincemeat pie.
Scorpio Killer

View Profile Email
« Reply #5297 on: April 01, 2016, 07:23:06 PM »

I like marshmallow stuff that comes in a jar.
Scorpio Killer

View Profile Email
« Reply #5298 on: April 01, 2016, 08:32:09 PM »

I saw a gopher today on the way to work!!!  I stopped and said "Hello gopher!" He smiled at me. It made my day!  :smitten:
-satu-
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #5299 on: May 02, 2016, 12:50:13 PM »

I'm quite frustrated right now. Tried to order wedding stuff from this web store and turns out they don't deliver here, only in the US. The european version of their web store doesn't have all the same products. :(

Now I have to buy everything separately from different stores because other stores don't have everything I need. Dammit.  :buck2: Finnish web stores sell nothing of these products that I need..

Could anyone else have seen the beauty of it?
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 280 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T