News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 280 Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE ENDLESS, POINTLESS thread  (Read 1168712 times)
Daisy Abigael

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

View Profile Email
« Reply #440 on: February 05, 2003, 01:53:16 AM »

ooooooooh

my bott-om is sooooooooooooooooooo grimy...

;)

Daisy Girl!
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #441 on: February 09, 2003, 04:44:33 PM »

I believe it's coming up on my one year anniversary since I registered with this board. Of course, I didn't start posting on a regular basis at first, but still...

I can remember a few years ago, however, when I first came across this site. In fact, the first thing I did when my family decided to get the Internet a few years ago, was doing a search for Clint Eastwood. I don't believe that was when I first found this particular site. I'm not sure why I didn't come across this site at first, since it is the best Eastwood site on the web.

Anyway, I can remember getting an issue of Entertainment Weekly, which listed this site in it (Isn't that issue listed on the "Awards" page of this site?). So that was when I first came around here. I stumbled on the web board once and started reading a very interesting debate about which was better: Unforgiven, or The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. Did that thread by any chance ever get saved, or is it gone for good? That was an interesting conversation. I may have looked at a few other thread, I forget now. But I never considered registering at that time.

I hadn't visited this site in quite some time when I got on here last year and signed the guessbook, asking about if there was any word on when Tightrope would be on DVD. Then, right after I typed that, I registered. Anyhow, I do remember getting an e-mail from AKA answering my Tightrope question.

So that's my story and I'm sticking to it. ;) ;D
bdc28
Classic Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #442 on: February 10, 2003, 10:30:51 AM »

Christoper, if you are sticking to your stories...may I suggest reading less "arousing" stories?

I have realized, in my complete madness, that Matt and I have not called together a meeting of the minds...A CEBC online council meeting. THIS MUST BE DONE!!! Why you say? WHY??! WHO THE F*** KNOWS why I do what I do??? But it must be done!!!

*bounces away making the Daffy Duck "hoo hoo" noise*

"I once shot an elephant in my pajamas. What he was doing wearing my pajamas I have no idea..."
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #443 on: February 10, 2003, 11:57:46 AM »

I've got to admit, bdc, it took me a few moments before I got what you were saying there. :-[

And then, of course, once I did get it, I had to try not to laugh out loud in the library.

Thanks, man. ;D (BTW, you left an "h" out of my name. No harm done, afterall, I once called you bcd.)
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #444 on: February 10, 2003, 11:11:07 PM »

I stumbled on the web board once and started reading a very interesting debate about which was better: Unforgiven, or The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. Did that thread by any chance ever get saved, or is it gone for good? That was an interesting conversation.
Was it this one, Chris?

http://users.erols.com/kcoblenz/UnforgivenVsGBU.html

I miss Steve!
Doug
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

"May I make a suggestion..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #445 on: February 11, 2003, 01:03:26 AM »

From KC posted 03-10-99 09:39 PM:
...after the dozenth or so viewing I began to grow impatient during some parts of GBU...
How many viewings is it now since 1999?  And you grow impatient with it?  See, I grow impatient with For a Few Dollars More if I don't stretch out my viewings.   (Sorry Matt.   :))  A great thread you saved there KC, I'll read the rest later this week when I have time.  Unforgiven is like Ali, there always has to be someone around to say such-and-such Clint western could whoop Unforgiven....  :D

"Yes, well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of a park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's my policy."  Frank Drebin, Police Squad.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #446 on: February 11, 2003, 01:13:07 AM »

:D  I just read the whole thread too, and I found myself agreeing with almost everyone.    I find The Good, The Bad and The Ugly to be a masterpiece TOO, not just Unforgiven, and I love them both in different ways.  It's almost impossible to compare, and for me to judge... they're neck and neck to me.  But, lately... I've ENJOYED The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly more than Unforgiven, just because I think I've been in the mood for Leone lately.
Agent
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #447 on: February 11, 2003, 09:08:02 AM »

Well, to show my loyalty to Leone, I actually had two copies of GBU! So there, Matt!  ;D

Actually what happened was, when my dear friend Santa sent me the 3-DVD set of the MWNN, I ended up having to sell my old copy of GBU on Ebay (believe me, I had no choice...it was to save my own hyde). Otherwise I would've had some serious explaining to do to the wiff: why I had 2 GBU's laying around. Believe you me that would NOT have been fun. It's bad enough I have to justify every new DVD (or anything for that matter) that comes in the mail (that gets discovered). Saturday morning I got b*tched out big time for a "limited edition" DVD that came in a tin box. I tried to explain to her that it was a collector's item (only 15,000 made), and would be worth dough some day. She just doesn't get it....
« Last Edit: February 11, 2003, 09:28:06 AM by Agent » Logged

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it." - Clint Eastwood
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #448 on: February 11, 2003, 12:52:50 PM »

I suppose this "limited edition" DVD must have cost a little in order to get that type of a reaction. Anyhow, I hope it's a good movie at least. ;)

Say, Agent, you'll have to let me know when you've got stuff on ebay, so I can take a look.
Agent
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #449 on: February 11, 2003, 01:19:33 PM »

No, actually I got it for a steal. I believe the website was in  error when they sold it for that price (about HALF of what everyone else was selling it for). Soon after I ordered it, I noticed they upped the price quite a bit. And yes, if I plan on selling any of my old Eastwood flicks or whatever, I'll let you know... :)

Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #450 on: February 11, 2003, 06:12:26 PM »

Agent, something else has just struck me as funny. You get in hot water for ordering a DVD, and just recently you bid $300 on a Magnum Force poster. You must like playing with fire. :D
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #451 on: February 11, 2003, 09:04:57 PM »

Well, to show my loyalty to Leone, I actually had two copies of GBU! So there, Matt!  ;D

Actually what happened was, when my dear friend Santa sent me the 3-DVD set of the MWNN....

Cool!  God may be an Unforgiven fan (see the link for the thread KC reposted on page 30 of this thread) but SANTA CLAUS is a GBU fan.

That seems to even things out a bit.  ;D  ;D  ;D
Conan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

JP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #452 on: February 11, 2003, 09:12:26 PM »

The word on the street is that the tooth fairy really likes "Paint Your Wagon".

:)

Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #453 on: February 12, 2003, 07:11:31 AM »

Hey, What's that supposed to mean? >:(

;) ;D
Agent
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #454 on: February 12, 2003, 09:43:05 AM »

Well there ya go, Christopher! You mentioned in the other thread you don't have the PYW DVD, so just pull out a tooth and put it under your pillow tonite!

As far as me liking playing with fire and getting in hot water....no, it's not that I like it, it just seems I was born to get in hot water. Ever since I can remember....  :'(

Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #455 on: February 12, 2003, 12:33:42 PM »

I ain't got any baby-teeth left to pull.

What will eventually be coming out next will be wisdom teeth. Do you suppose those would count? :D

I get a kick out of Agent bringing up Paint Your Wagon to me all the time. You say once that you enjoyed the movie, and you get teased. I love it. ;D

By the way, I want to say happy birthday to my sweetheart, Christina Ricci, who's 23 today. :-*
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #456 on: February 14, 2003, 09:06:11 AM »

Hey, Agent, I noticed that your age was listed as "0"??? ???

How'd you manage to do that? Did you put that you were born in the future?

Wow, what a paradox. :-\
Agent
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #457 on: February 14, 2003, 09:10:52 AM »

Oh....oops. Guess I forgot to insert the first digit.  ;D ;)

I'll go and fix it.....THANKS Christopher.... ;D

Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #458 on: February 17, 2003, 01:28:58 PM »

We got a WHOLE bunch of snow in this part of the country. I've been stuck in my house since Friday evening.

Well, at least I'm not at the Overlook hotel. :o
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #459 on: February 17, 2003, 04:22:37 PM »

Yeah, were getting some mad snow up here where I am. Im hoping for the best... roads so bad, I dont have to goto school. 8)
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 280 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T