News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clint Eastwood look alike - Hugh Jackman!  (Read 25190 times)
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2004, 01:05:36 PM »

Here I go again, replying to an old topic.  I agree that Hugh Jackman doesn't look like Clint Eastwood.  However, I recall thinking he resembled him when I saw Swordfish.

“Eyuh.”
Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2004, 02:54:27 PM »

I think Hugh Jackman doesn`t look like young Eastwood but I think he would be pull it off if he`ll get a change to make a western.I think he got a looks for it.
I only hope that he makes someday a real film instead of these superherocomicbook-films like X-men and Van Helsing.
Don`t get me wrong.I liked those films but I just hope he would make serious film for change.The film that doesn`t so much rely on special effects as X-men and VanHelsing-films did.
Karizma

What every it is..they won't have a chance

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2004, 06:51:08 AM »

Is Hugh Jackman new Eastwood? Similarity?

NO! NO!...

http://www.allabouthugh.com/photos_x2.htm
vik
Member Extraordinaire

flags of our fathers

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2004, 12:26:38 PM »

ha ha you jest

don't remember clint singing "oh what a beautiful mornin" on stage
« Last Edit: May 23, 2004, 12:27:50 PM by vik » Logged

england -  its flag the St George flag
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2004, 12:54:24 PM »

ha ha you jest

don't remember clint singing "oh what a beautiful mornin" on stage
No, but he sang "I talk to the trees" on film ... ;)

Karizma, I've merged your topic with one we already had going on this subject. :)
vik
Member Extraordinaire

flags of our fathers

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2004, 01:52:25 PM »

gee he sang so beautifully

the grim potatoe

I do like tater tots

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2004, 07:10:00 AM »

I understand why you think Hugh looks a bit like Clint, but I can't see it.

I think that's because Clint's got something special (the Look? ugh, there I go again... ::) ), something that makes him Clint, and I've never seen anyone with that certain aspect.

I have sometimes seen the 'look' on someone, though, but it never deserved a capital L.

As soon as you can find someone with the 'Look' (note capital L), I'll agree that he looks like Clint  ;D
Sandhills Sandy

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2004, 03:02:44 AM »

Hi everyone!...Just finished watching Unforgiven...again...it's 1:00 am and had to find a website to post to before I forget to do it again.  I think that Hugh Jackman, aka Wolverine from X-Men, is almost an exact match for Clint at the same age. I would love to see Clint eastwood cast Hugh in a movie, escpecially if he ever does another Western theme. I think it would become an instant Clint Eastwood classic and perhaps pass the torch and keep Clints legend moving on into another Era. Let me know what you think!

Hell yes...I have been saying that since the first X-men came out...The westerns would be a better idea, than say,  the obvious Dirty Harry type vehicle. There would be too many references to the former or sellout talk created. Still, I'd love to see him take a stab at it....I'd cough it up for tickets!
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2004, 03:40:16 PM »

Hehe..it's amusing to me that people keep coming up with this same comparison. I personally don't see it at all, and find it funny that so many people seem to. I wonder if this will ever die. Personally, I think Toby Stevens, who played young Frank Corvin in Space Cowboys looked a heck of a lot more like Clint than Hugh Jackman.
Chessie
Member Extraordinaire

You're anything but a simple woman.

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2004, 12:12:28 AM »

Oddly enough my mom and I got into a huge discussion about this the other nite and I said if there was ever a movie to be made about Clint, Hugh should take the part.  I swear Hugh looks like Clint.  So they're both stunningly beautiful, though I think I like Clint alot more  ;D

The old dreams were good dreams; they didn't work out, but I'm glad I had them.  - Robert Kincaid, the Bridges of Madison County
vik
Member Extraordinaire

flags of our fathers

View Profile Email
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2004, 12:18:01 AM »

hugh jackman does not look like clint - he could be made to look like clint

but i prefer the original whats the point of an imposter

and he doesn't sound like clint - he could be made to sound like clint

but whats the point of listening to an imposter

just keep the original clint and enjoy all that he has brought to us
« Last Edit: June 13, 2004, 12:20:14 AM by vik » Logged

Chessie
Member Extraordinaire

You're anything but a simple woman.

View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2004, 12:28:04 AM »

no one could possibly compare with Clint, but if there was someone close to Clint I think it would be Hugh.  But no one can ever compare to Clint, originals - always the best.   :D

The old dreams were good dreams; they didn't work out, but I'm glad I had them.  - Robert Kincaid, the Bridges of Madison County
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2004, 11:43:04 PM »

I just saw Van Helsing and I gotta say I thought it the best kids film I've seen in ages..  My son reckoned it more fun than the recent harry Potter sequel..

I'm surely not the only one to have noticed how the Van Helsing poster borrowed ( ;)) heavily from the Unforgiven one.... :o

As far as Jackman resembling Clint... nahh not really. But I have thought him good in what I've seen so far.... Now he's got a couple of blockbusters under his arm he should look out for some smaller, interesting projects..Start varying his work a little... I think I read recently that he was having some success on the stage.... I do find him preferable to the Van Damme/Arnie type heroes...

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2004, 08:03:38 AM »

As Spy magazine would quip: "Separated at birth?"

Who's the guy on the left?

WKC.

AmateurActor

You talkin' to me?

View Profile Email
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2004, 12:04:38 AM »

IMHO Jackman does resemble Clint - it's quite strong in the first X-Men movie where Wolverine/Logan is sitting across from Rogue and smoking his cigar after his fighting bouts at the beginning. His face and features aren't as strong or defined as Clint's though, and on first glance you would probably never even think of Mr Eastwood at all.

I believe that if they were to do a Dirty Harry prequel (I don't even want to think about a remake!), Jackman may just pull it off - I enjoyed his performance in Swordfish very much and believe him to be quite a versatile actor. That said, he'll never be the Harry Callahan that Clint was in a million years.

AA

"Cockamamie...now that's a word your generation hasn't embraced yet."
Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2004, 12:12:10 AM »

Actually, I was watching a film called Coogans Bluff the other day, and I was quite amazed at how much the actor in that film looked like a very young Clint Eastwood.  He looked a lot more like Eastwood than Hugh Jackman.  Perhaps he could play Dirty Harry if they make a prequel ;).

WKC.

Manco66

Feeling lucky!

View Profile Email
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2006, 04:26:42 PM »

Just saw X-men tonight. My girlfried came in and saw a scene; What Dirty Harry movie is that?
She was seeing a scene with Huge Jackman. From some angels i to think he look a little like Clint in the 70's...

Anyone else have seen this?  :)
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2006, 05:41:59 PM »

Lots of people claim to have, Manco66 ... so I've merged your topic with one of the older ones about Jackman and Eastwood.

There's also a new topic in Eastwood News called "Eastwood cuts Jackman down to size."
dane with no name
Member Extraordinaire

I dont think it's nice you're laughing...

View Profile Email
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2006, 06:09:26 PM »

I think I read recently that he was having some success on the stage.... I do find him preferable to the Van Damme/Arnie type heroes...
Apparently he should quite a good dancer
GuardianAngel

Email
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2006, 05:38:00 AM »

Just my two cents here,

I don't think Jackman looks anything like Clint.

But what people may see as a resemblence is the character personalities that Jackman has taken from Clint. The eye squint, the cigar [from his xmen films], the voice in xmen when he speaks with an american husky low slow accent. You can tell Hugh was inspired by the Harry Callahan character to create Wolverine, and it shows and I believe that is what people are recognizing. Not Hugh personally, but his personality brings out the Clint resembence.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T