News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 65 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Official MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS Thread  (Read 334719 times)
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2004, 02:34:00 PM »

Hi KC, thanks!  ;D

“Eyuh.”
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2004, 07:12:52 PM »

Glad to have you with us, Jed. I've been enjoying your posts.
masterchief

View Profile Email
« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2004, 04:19:52 AM »

Welcome Everyone, I'm looking foward to discussing Clint with you, and gettting to know you in the "Off Topic" forum.
philamopolis

Email
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2004, 05:01:57 PM »

Just wanted to say I'm a new thread member and I'm happy to be on. I love Eastwood and his work. Just saw Coogan's Bluff the other day for the first time and I love that movie as I love the rest.

Some of my favorites are:

The Good...
For a Few....
Unforgiven
Dirty Harry
Thunderbolt...

Its tuff to just narrow them down any could have been favorites.

Hope to here from you and your favorite five Eastwood movies.
mgk
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2004, 05:31:28 PM »

Welcome to the Eastwood Web Board.

I think you will find that a lot of us suffer from the same problem that you do.....it's very hard to list our favorite movies of the ones he has done because almost all of them are so good.  In my case, it usually depends on what I have seen most recently.  A few that usually make my list all the time are:

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
Dirty Harry
The Bridges of Madison County

And, one I just saw this week that I've always been fond of is.........

Thunderbolt and Lightfoot

We have had many threads in the past where we have discussed our favorites.  You might want to do a search and see if you can find some of those, too.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2004, 07:36:36 PM by mgk » Logged
Ex-POP

GAMECOCK

View Profile Email
« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2004, 07:08:10 PM »

8)Hi just signed up sitting here typing with a Fist Full of Dollars on behind me got all Clints Westerns love um. Has anyone suggested or tried to get him to make one last good old western for all of his fans. Got an idea how about  Josey Wales coming back or Pale rider.
lelander66

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2004, 07:47:27 PM »

Hi guys! I  registered here a long time ago but never posted. I thought it was about time I said hello! I've been a huge fan of Clint's all my life,and about a year ago I got to see "TGBU" on the big screen at the Nuarte theatre in Santa Monica. I dragged my wife to it and she actually enjoyed it! Seeing the old movies like that on the big screen makes you appreciate them a whole lot more. I wanted to ask everyone out there if anyone has heard if any of his other movies will hit the big screen? Preferably in the L.A. area?
the grim potatoe

I do like tater tots

View Profile Email
« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2004, 02:39:43 AM »

Heej, I'm Bryn and I'm from Holland. I registered some ten minutes ago and my first post can be read in the 'How did you become a Clint fan?' thread, in which I explain the rather unusual way I became hooked on Clint's films.

So that's that  ;D

Well, I have only seen a few of his films but I'm especially looking forward to the westerns. The Good the Bad and the Ugly, a Fistful of Dollars and all...

Oh, a bit more about myself:

I'm 17 years old, female, and I'm having my final exams next week (I should be learning now...), and I'm going to study English Language and Culture. If I pass.

I live in Holland, in a wee place in the middle of this already very wee country.

I...love to read (Terry Pratchett!) and watch films (Clint!).

On the whole I'm a bit of a weird person but people tend to pat my shoulder and say 'therethere'.

Bryn

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2004, 06:37:46 AM »

Welcome to the Eastwood Web Board, Ex-POP, lelander66, and  grim potatoe! Enjoy it!
the grim potatoe

I do like tater tots

View Profile Email
« Reply #69 on: May 21, 2004, 01:30:50 PM »

Cheers, and I'm sure I will  :)
hutsegarden

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2004, 04:07:02 PM »

Hi,

I'm Danish living in Spain, and I am a great fan of Clint, Jazz, football and golf. So I could discuss at least three things with Clint if I ever met him!

My favourite Clint films are Dirty Harry, The outlaw Josey Wales, and Unforgiven, until I saw Mystic River. I am now in doubt, is that better than Unforgiven?, maybe - both masterpieces. I haven't watched the Lord of the rings no. 3 thing yet, but it must be really good to beat Mystic River to best film at the Oscars.

I have this dream that Clint would make a fifht Dirty Harry - the plot would be something like Harry having retired, but having to come out of retirement to help solve an old case - causing complete havoc!

I look forward to checking this website in the future!

rg Hutsegarden
Ex-POP

GAMECOCK

View Profile Email
« Reply #71 on: May 21, 2004, 06:58:55 PM »

Thanks Go ahead Make My Day! ;D
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #72 on: May 21, 2004, 07:10:39 PM »

Velkommen, hutsegarden!
masterchief

View Profile Email
« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2004, 01:13:58 AM »

Welcome hutsegarden! Looking foward to discussing Clint with you.  :D
Ex-POP

GAMECOCK

View Profile Email
« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2004, 08:10:08 PM »

Hey KC got any connections to Mr. Eastwood? Has he even thought of making one last real Western no politicly correct crap a good shootem up cowboy movie!!
               Allways Lookin for an advantage EX-POP 8)
Chessie
Member Extraordinaire

You're anything but a simple woman.

View Profile Email
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2004, 03:05:15 PM »

Hi my name is Chessie, I'm 15 and a wannabe screenwirter.  I love Clint Eastwood, i think that he's one of the best, if not the best, directors/actors ever.  I'm looking forward to discussing Clint with everyone...  Thanks for the welcome.   ::)

The old dreams were good dreams; they didn't work out, but I'm glad I had them.  - Robert Kincaid, the Bridges of Madison County
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2004, 04:46:42 PM »

Welcome, Chessie!
Ex-POP

GAMECOCK

View Profile Email
« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2004, 06:08:37 PM »

Any one got  A Few More Dollars its on tonight  just started 9:00 eastern time Hallmark channel .Before that a Rawhide marathon .  8)COOL
Clintus

They don't make them like Clint anymore

View Profile Email
« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2004, 04:09:20 AM »

Hi, there.I'm a new member in terms of becoming a member of the dicsussion board but have enjoyed the site for a couple of years. I'm 45yrs old, married with 3 kids (18yr old, 16yr old and 21 MONTH old!). Been a Clint fan since I was 16yrs old and have never tired of the guy. Enjoy most of his work, including the more obsucre films he has made over the years. Live just outside Glasgow in Scotland, have my own business as a Financial Adviser and, guess what, despite what you hear about Scotland..it's sunny right now. Look forward to hearing from you guys, especially "newbies" like me!

Clintus
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2004, 06:07:35 AM »

Hi, Clintus, and welcome. I hope you don't mind that I moved your thread wondering whether Clint had had a facelift (the answer is No) from "News" to "General Discussion."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 65 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T