News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How'd you become a Clint fan?  (Read 43134 times)
hot_tamale

I love Clint!

View Profile Email
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2004, 07:09:34 PM »

The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly! It was over for me after that.

8)
Pete Nolan

View Profile Email
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2004, 11:12:56 AM »

the character of Rowdy Yates made me a Clint fan. i loved Rawhide and even though was Rowdy was a bit awkward and confused some of the time, he was also tough and a take charge guy when needed. and he had an inner strength and a good guy attitude which was very likeable as well.

Head 'em up and move 'em out!
the grim potatoe

I do like tater tots

View Profile Email
« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2004, 02:25:21 AM »

Well let this be my first post :)

My story as to how I became a Clint fan is very...unusual.

I am a huge fan of Terry Pratchett (anyone knows him?). He writes the Discworld series and one of his characters is Samuel Vimes, the commander of the Watch.
The first novel he appears in is Guards!Guards! and it contains lots of Dirty Harry aspects (sort of parody, but not really. The sign over the police office, for example, is FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC. dog latin for make my day  ;D ).

Vimes appears to have certain Clint Eastwood characteristics. His tendency to look at people until they cringe, for example.  ;D
But I can't really explain, you just have to read it yourself   :)
But I really started to like Vimes and the way he dealt with things, and because he had the Look.

By the way, most people vote for a 55-year old Clint Eastwood to play Vimes if there ever were to be a Discworld movie, so I'm not the only one who thinks they look alike...

Ah well, I thought, let's go and see a Clint Eastwood movie. If he looks really like that, I'm sure I'll like Eastwood as well.

So since then I watched The Rookie, The Deadpool, Sudden Impact, True Crime and City Heat, and I immediately loved him.

The Look, well, the Look in his eyes...gosh.  ::)
I always look for the Look in someone's eyes, but Clint Eastwood's Look is unique.

oh what am I rambling on about...
Oh well, at least I've found some people to whom I can explain this matter  ;D

and i use too many smilies
« Last Edit: May 21, 2004, 02:31:04 AM by the grim potatoe » Logged
crom

C. Eastwood and J. Wayne all time favourites.

View Profile Email
« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2004, 08:07:50 PM »

Where eagles dare knocked me out at the age of 10.  This movie was one of the first movies for grown ups i watched ever before and of course at this time i wasnt allowed. I think this was one of my experiences really unique for myself - this still today blasting me away movie together with the thrill of whatching a movie not beeing allowed- not knowing when my parents would be back again at home  :o Superfluous to admit that Clint instantly became the greatest hero of my childhood.
MUSTMEETCLINT

View Profile Email
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2005, 08:49:51 PM »

I might of told this story before, somewhere on this web sight  but what the hek! my grand mother,sat me to watch the Good the bad and the ugly, told me  to watch LEE VAN KLEEF  that he was a relative, I just could'nt take my eyes off, of clint! thats how I became a Clint fan! THANKS GRANMA  RIP
Mitchellgant

R.U. going to pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?

View Profile Email
« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2005, 11:49:45 AM »

My earliest memories of watching someone on TV were of John Wayne and Clint Eastwood. I don't know who I became a fan of so i'll say I liked them both at the same time.

When I was a yonker the local channel used to play The Duke's movies as well as Clint's movies about every two months.

I grew up with these Eastwood movies:
Kelly's Heroes.
Where Eagles Dare.
Fistfull of Dollars (other) Pasta Westerns.

John Wayne:
Rio Lobo.
Big Jake.
Green Berets.
The Longest Day.
etc.

These are the first movies I can recall seeing as they were always played either on friday nights or sunday nights on channel 3 or channel 6. Shame they no longer show these classics on these stations.

Regards M.Gant aka C.E. (My real inits)

Next time, let's keep this an all British operation hmm?
GuardianAngel

Email
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2005, 07:46:41 AM »

The Good the Bad and the Ugly, FistFull of Dollars and For a Few Dollars more [not in that order either]

Those are the movies that made me the Clint fan that I am today... but I also love his other films.. the Dirty Harry ones are great, as well as Kelly's Heroes, Space Cowboys, BOMC, etc... etc... etc....Clint just rocks!  O0

Oh, and that's cool that your real initials are C.E. Mitchell  ;)
Mitchellgant

View Profile Email
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2005, 12:48:47 PM »

Hi G.A. thanks. I wonder if Clint's middle name starts with a "D" because mine does. :) My Mother took my middle name from James Dean--so I guess that's cool though I would not mind it being McQueen after Steve McQueen. He certainly was one of the top King's of cool. O0

GuardianAngel

Email
« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2005, 03:51:21 PM »

Hi G.A. thanks. I wonder if Clint's middle name starts with a "D" because mine does. :) My Mother took my middle name from James Dean--so I guess that's cool though I would not mind it being McQueen after Steve McQueen. He certainly was one of the top King's of cool. O0

That's pretty neat there Mitchell  ;)

Hmm. I don't think Clint even has a middle name.. I'm not sure.. this is his birth name from some source I found on the net:
"Clinton Eastwood Jr. "

So, he may not have a middle name... :-\
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2005, 06:01:27 PM »

Eastwood's full name is, indeed, "Clinton Eastwood, Jr." There is a facsimile of his birth certificate in Clint Eastwood by Gerald Cole and Peter Williams (London: W.H. Allen, 1983), p. 8.
Mitchellgant

View Profile Email
« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2005, 10:46:39 AM »

Thanks G.A. & KC. Clint Eastwood Jr. Well, I do go by C.E. sometimes...

antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2006, 01:21:50 PM »

I suppose I'm not the first to ask,but I'd like to know when and how did you all became C.E. fans.
My life changed at the age of 5,after seeing GBU,which was re-released at that time (1980).Since then,not even a day passed without Clint in my mind.He is part of the family for a long time.

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2006, 03:47:37 PM »

Thanks, Antonis! I've merged your topic with this older one. Maybe our newer members would like to contribute to this thread! 8)
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2006, 10:07:35 PM »

I saw Bronco Billy at the theater with my family when I was a child and Escape From Alcatraz soon after. What did it for me was in about 1981 or 82 when Cable used to show Any Which Way You Can over and over. As a child, the tough Clint character (Philo) won me over. Many tastes and likes & loves have changed for me since I was a child . Clint Eastwood has been a consistent hero for me since back then through the present.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 09:07:19 PM by Richard Earl » Logged

Music speaks louder then words. It's the only thing that the whole world listens to. (Peter, Paul & Mary)
Lucky Punk

Email
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2006, 03:03:27 AM »

I always thought the first time I saw Clint was watching A Fistful of Dollars on TV in the early 70s but my brother informs me that we went to see Paint Your Wagon on it's UK release. I just did not equate the Partner character with that cool, taciturn gunfighter.

I may have seen Rawhide in the 60s but I don't remember doing so. I did watch Bonanza and The Virginian, I remember Gunsmoke and Branded but just can't recall ever watching Rawhide.

So I suppose it was the Leone films which made me a fan.

Clint Van Wallach

Email
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2006, 10:29:05 PM »

Although I'd seen 'Kelly's Heroes,' 'Play Misty For Me' and 'Dirty Harry' in theatres, when I saw GBU on television somewhere around 1972 or '73  I was hooked. I watched it with my four closest friends and I guess we were all pretty impressed because several days later we were all sprouting peach fuzz beards. GBU was almost a rite of passage for us and we watched it  countless times together.  And even today some 30 plus years later, we still leave GBU related messages on eachother's answering machines.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 04:10:02 AM by Clint van Wallach » Logged
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2006, 12:36:19 PM »

Am I the youngest around?I noticed C.E. in 1980 but all you guys had your first experience in the 60's and 70's.That's why I have to rephrase James Cromwell's tag from S.C. "is this site filled with geriatrics?"{including me of course}.
Anybody from the 90's on?

Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2006, 01:21:55 PM »

You mean born in the 90s, or became a fan in the 90s?
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2006, 01:43:59 PM »

Born in the 90's preferable.90's fans are mostly oscar/award fans and I don't really like them.

Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2006, 06:22:39 PM »

I was first exposed to Eastwood in the late 80s, but I guess I didn't become a big fan until the 90s, but you'd have to keep in mind I was born in '82. ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T