News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Finding a movie  (Read 9240 times)
-satu-
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: January 06, 2007, 02:20:32 PM »

Hey!

I need some help from you guys. I would like to find this certain movie, Diamante Lobo aka A Bullet From God or God's Gun, starring Jack Palance and Lee Van Cleef. Could you recommend a store in the internet, where I could find it and order securely. They informed in the news not to give your credit card number anywhere in the internet so now I don't know if it's secure to order anywhere from the internet.  :-\ So I would like to hear your experiences on ordering movies etc from the internet, and a hint where I could find the movie. If possible, I would like to order the movie without using the credit card number. Is that possible anywhere? Using another way to pay, securely? Thank you so much!  :) :-*

Satu
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 02:24:42 PM by -satu- » Logged

Could anyone else have seen the beauty of it?
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 02:59:31 PM »

Have you checked ebay? I use money orders whenever possible.

Why the desperate need for God's Gun? :o ???
-satu-
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 03:20:22 PM »

No, I haven't. I had difficulties learning how Paypal works and I also don't know how those other ways work.  :-[ And I had my bad experience with ebay (or actually with a seller) so I don't really know if I want to deal with it again.  In Finland, when I order something from a finnish site, I get to choose if I want a bill which I can pay at home or if I want to pay when the package arrives to the post. I'd like to know about possibilities in internatiol web stores, seems like every store always asks my credit card number (which I don't even have. The card, I mean)..  :-\

My dad wanted a film starring Jack Palance, and he got excited about this, because it also has Lee Van Cleef in it.  ;D :D Don't really know if it's even worth watching, but I promised to order it for my dad.  ::)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 03:21:31 PM by -satu- » Logged

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 06:14:45 PM »

Hi, Satu, I moved your topic down here to Off Topic, since it's not a Clint Eastwood movie you're looking for.

I've never had a bad experience giving out my credit card information on line, but I only use secure sites (you see the lock symbol in the corner). And on eBay, I almost always use PayPal. You give PayPal your credit card number once (securely) and then you never have to give it out again. I was just thinking today about the "bad old days" on eBay when I had to write a letter to the seller and send a check or money order, and if the seller was in Europe, I often had to send cash (not recommended; I lost the money a couple of times). It's much better today.

That's not to say nothing bad ever happens when you pay by credit card online, just that I've never had any bad experiences that way.

If you can use a Region One DVD (NTSC) of God's Gun, Amazon.com has it for $7.99 (only two left in stock!)

http://www.amazon.com/Gods-Gun-Lee-Van-Cleef/dp/6305722803

And this is what Amazon has to say about credit card security ... (though I don't know if the option to phone them with part of your credit card number is available to overseas customers)

Is it safe to enter my card number online?

You can safely enter your entire credit card number via our secure server, which encrypts all submitted information. If you prefer, we also have a way for you to use your credit card without ever having to enter the complete number on the Internet.

When filling out the order form, simply enter the last five digits and the expiration date of your credit card on the order form. This gives us a way to track your order but guarantees your security. Once you have fully submitted your order, you will be provided with a phone number so that you may provide us with the rest of your credit card number.

Please note, however, that this option is not available for orders placed with Amazon Marketplace or Auctions sellers.

To provide you with an additional layer of security, all credit card numbers provided to Amazon.com are stored on a computer that is not connected to the Internet. After you type or call it in, your complete credit card number is transferred to this secure machine across a proprietary one-way interface. This computer is not accessible by network or modem, and the number is not stored anywhere else.
-satu-
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 05:04:45 AM »

I don't know what to do yet, I'll have to ask my dad what he wants to do.

But anyway, thanks for the advice.  :)

Chessie
Member Extraordinaire

You're anything but a simple woman.

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 03:58:00 AM »

I went ahead and researched your film a bit.  On DVDPlanet.com, it tells me that the film is only available in two box sets.  While a single disc edition was released it appears to be out of print.  As KC stated you can buy it on Amazon, used, but often those discs come in very good and like new conditions. 

The old dreams were good dreams; they didn't work out, but I'm glad I had them.  - Robert Kincaid, the Bridges of Madison County
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 07:24:04 AM »

To me it looked like Amazon had two new copies in stock ... "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com."
Chessie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 12:55:00 PM »

I might of read it wrong, sorry.  I apologize.  :P

The old dreams were good dreams; they didn't work out, but I'm glad I had them.  - Robert Kincaid, the Bridges of Madison County
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2007, 10:15:04 PM »

I've always been wary of using my credit card on the net,but last weekend decided to give it a go at ezydvd.com,since they had a huge sale on that wasn't available in their stores.

I purchased The Final Countdown special edition with Kirk Douglas and Martin Sheen.I ordered it on Saturday,they replied on Monday that it had been shipped and I received it on Wednesday.

I won't get my credit card bill until sometime in February to see if everything is fine with the transaction but according to ezydvd's website,they've never had a problem with anyone's card number being stolen.

They have God's Gun for $4.95 Au and they have a function where you can use a currency converter for your country.

Unfortunately you do need a credit card for overseas customers.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2007, 07:32:28 AM »

Kid,   I use ezydvd.com quite often and I have never had a problem with my card being copied.   They are faster at delivering to the UK from Australia than a lot of UK based sites.   We can play region 4 on the DVD so why buy elsewhere when they are so reasonable and the postage is not expensive either.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2007, 04:55:43 PM »

Thanks Lin,

I did forget to mention about region 4.So you do need a multi region DVD player.

I'll definitely be using them again online.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
-satu-
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2007, 01:08:35 AM »

Region? I wonder what region it would have with my dvd-player..  ???

Never even heard..  ;D

..Now I read about those in wikipedia, my dvds would have to be region 2. Or a multi region dvd player. I also read that my player could be made multi regional with a code but I couldn't find the code anywhere. I guess it's an old player.  :(

little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2007, 03:58:40 AM »

whats the make and model number satu, i'll check some places for you.

He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.- Groucho Marx
-satu-
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2007, 02:12:55 PM »

EuroLine DVX2005

little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2007, 05:14:07 PM »

cool a friend of mine works in a place that chips players , i'll check with him tomorrow if theres a known code to hack the multi region or if it'll need to be chipped, i'll let you know  ;).

He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.- Groucho Marx
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2007, 05:42:48 PM »

cool a friend of mine works in a place that chips players , i'll check with him tomorrow if theres a known code to hack the multi region or if it'll need to be chipped, i'll let you know  ;).

Perhaps this information would be better suited for a PM, though. :)
little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2007, 05:47:46 PM »

yeah sorry wasn't thinking, my mistake :-[

Chessie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2007, 02:48:23 AM »

Randomly I was looking through our used product at work and I saw a double feature of God's Gun and another movie with it.  Kind of strange, I was debating getting it and then I realized I had no cash.   :(

Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2007, 07:55:35 AM »

You're probably all right in not buying it, Chessie, God's Gun isn't a celebrated spaghetti western. ;) I guess it's okay, but you can't expect a Leone, Corbucci, or Fulci film from it.

The director Gianfranco Parolini, who is credited as Frank Kramer in God's Gun, actually directed a decent number of movies. CHECK out all his other aliases too. :D I almost wonder if his direction in God's Gun is intentionally silly. I saw Sabata recently, and it seemed like it was better made, though a bit of a silly film in its own right (it still worked though). When I saw God's Gun, it made me think this was the movie The Quick and the Dead was most trying to be like. ??? :o
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 07:57:22 AM by Christopher » Logged
Chessie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2007, 05:49:36 PM »

Interesting.  Thank you.    :D

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T