News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Baseball 2007  (Read 44633 times)
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #140 on: September 26, 2007, 03:49:11 PM »

Congrats to the Rockies! They sure schooled the Yankees when the teams met in Interleague play.  :o

I've also heard that Tulowitzki's favorite player is Jeter ... about a thousand times during those games. ;)

Personally, I would love to see the Yankees meet the Rockies in the World Series ... because it would mean they had actually GOTTEN to the World Series, and for about half of this year, that looked extremely, extremely unlikely. :D
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #141 on: September 26, 2007, 07:06:47 PM »

I would love to go to a Colorado Rockies home game. I have heard that Coors Field is an absolutely gorgeous ballpark.

Music speaks louder then words. It's the only thing that the whole world listens to. (Peter, Paul & Mary)
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #142 on: September 26, 2007, 09:49:22 PM »

Yankees are in it! :D

WeAllHaveItCominKid
Member Extraordinaire

They got a sign on him in front of Greely's?

View Profile Email
« Reply #143 on: September 27, 2007, 07:17:47 AM »

Yankees are in it! :D

AWESOME MOMENT last night watching them celebrate in the locker room. I'm so happy for Joe Torre after such an up and down year. To be where they are now is amazing! I can't wait to get the playoff started!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
Tehama Tony

View Profile Email
« Reply #144 on: September 27, 2007, 08:53:30 AM »

I would love to go to a Colorado Rockies home game. I have heard that Coors Field is an absolutely gorgeous ballpark.

Come one up Richard!  I'd be glad to find an extra ticket around here somewhere.   O0
In fact, I just bought 4 tickets for the 2nd home game of the division series of the playoffs, hoping they'll make it that far.   8)
Yes, it's a great ballpark here at Coors Field, not that I have been to a lot of other different ballparks, but I sure do like it.  Been to 4 games this year so far and they've won all 4, so of course, that makes it even more special.   :D

"When a man with a .45 meets a man with a rifle, the man with a pistol will be a dead man."  Ramon Rojo
Tehama Tony

View Profile Email
« Reply #145 on: September 27, 2007, 09:24:07 AM »

That's great news for the Yankees!
Rockies also won last night!  And with another awesome play from Tulo near the end.   And the crowd ranting... "Tulo-jit!  Tulo-jit to quit!"

That's 10 straight wins now, the most anybody has won in a row this year.  One more tonight against the Dodgers who are already out of the race because of us, but then we'll be facing the division leader in Arizona D-backs, who will definitely not be pulling any punches, since we may just take the whole division away from them.  :D

"When a man with a .45 meets a man with a rifle, the man with a pistol will be a dead man."  Ramon Rojo
WeAllHaveItCominKid
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #146 on: September 27, 2007, 10:03:20 AM »

That's great news for the Yankees!
Rockies also won last night!  And with another awesome play from Tulo near the end.   And the crowd ranting... "Tulo-jit!  Tulo-jit to quit!"

That's 10 straight wins now, the most anybody has won in a row this year.  One more tonight against the Dodgers who are already out of the race because of us, but then we'll be facing the division leader in Arizona D-backs, who will definitely not be pulling any punches, since we may just take the whole division away from them.  :D

For your sake Tehama Tony, I hope the Rockies do great in the playoffs. It be fun for the Yankees and Rockies to meet once again in the World Series. HOPEFULLY this time, things will be different! ;)

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #147 on: September 27, 2007, 11:03:03 AM »

Come one up Richard!  I'd be glad to find an extra ticket around here somewhere.   O0
In fact, I just bought 4 tickets for the 2nd home game of the division series of the playoffs, hoping they'll make it that far.   8)
Yes, it's a great ballpark here at Coors Field, not that I have been to a lot of other different ballparks, but I sure do like it.  Been to 4 games this year so far and they've won all 4, so of course, that makes it even more special.   :D

Thanks Tony. I wish I had the time man. I do want to see Colorado sometime. John Denver and Townes Van Zandt who are two of my favorite songwriters sang much about Colorado.

Music speaks louder then words. It's the only thing that the whole world listens to. (Peter, Paul & Mary)
WeAllHaveItCominKid
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #148 on: September 27, 2007, 11:05:02 AM »

Thanks Tony. I wish I had the time man. I do want to see Colorado sometime. John Denver and Townes Van Zandt who are two of my favorite songwriters sang much about Colorado.

John Denver rocks!!! Good taste Richard Earl! From what I hear, Colorado is absolutely gorgeous. It's somewhere I want to visit myself. I will take that trip someday.

Holden Pike
Member Extraordinaire

"If they move, kill 'em."

View Profile Email
« Reply #149 on: September 30, 2007, 03:40:03 PM »

Quote from: WeAllGotItCominKid
For your sake Tehama Tony, I hope the Rockies do great in the playoffs. It be fun for the Yankees and Rockies to meet once again in the World Series. HOPEFULLY this time, things will be different!

Ummmm, you're thinking of the Arizona Diamondbacks. Colorado has never been to the World Series.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 03:42:59 PM by Holden Pike » Logged

"We're not gonna get rid of anybody. We're gonna stick together, just like it used to be. When you side with a man you stay with him, and if you can't do that you're like some animal, you're finished. We're all finished."
WeAllHaveItCominKid
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #150 on: September 30, 2007, 05:00:47 PM »

Ummmm, you're thinking of the Arizona Diamondbacks. Colorado has never been to the World Series.

No Holden Pike. When I said ONCE AGAIN, I ment meet again this year. They played eachother in inner league play earlier this year. Trust me, I'm a huge baseball fan. I would not mess up something like that.  ;)

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #151 on: September 30, 2007, 05:06:38 PM »

Anyway, the Rockies might go to the World Series this year! Colorado won and the Padres lost, setting up a one-game playoff to see who gets the NL Wild Card! Go Rockies! :D

Meanwhile, the Mets lost and the Phillies won, completing one of the greatest collapses in baseball history ... and a wonderful finish for the Phillies, who return to the postseason for the first time since 1993! I'm sorry for all my friends who root for the Mets, but I'm happy for our friend and Philadelphia boy, Matt!

As for the Yankees ... this was a post of mine from July 5:

Man, that's the story of their season ... two months later, and they are STILL two games under .500! :o

Entering play on July 5, the Yankees were 40-42 (.488). In the 80 games since then, they went 54-26  (.675) to finish tied with the Angels for the third best record in baseball at 94-68 (.580). A truly incredible feat and no matter how they finish, I'm extremely pleased with what they accomplished!

(By the way, the Phillies' National League best 89-73 record wouldn't even have gotten them the Wild Card in the AL ... which is not to say they or another NL team might not win the World Series. Anything can happen if a team gets hot in the postseason!)
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #152 on: September 30, 2007, 06:02:57 PM »

Have the Rockies ever made it to the post season prior to this year?

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #153 on: September 30, 2007, 06:20:55 PM »

In 1995, in their third year of existence, the Rockies reached the postseason for the first and (so far) only time, as the Wild Card team. They lost in the NLDS to the Atlanta Braves, 3 games to 1.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorado_Rockies
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #154 on: September 30, 2007, 07:57:53 PM »

Thank you KC.

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #155 on: October 01, 2007, 08:18:49 PM »

Is anyone watching this incredible, incredible playoff game between the Padres and the Rockies?

The Pads went ahead 8-6 in the THIRTEENTH inning ... and Trevor Hoffman promptly blew the save. Now the winning run is on third, with no outs!

What a game!
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #156 on: October 01, 2007, 08:19:47 PM »

Rockies win the Wild Card!!!! Rockies win the Wild Card!!!! Rockies win the Wild Card!!!!

What a fantastic game!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 08:21:16 PM by KC » Logged
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #157 on: October 01, 2007, 08:23:55 PM »

Congrats to the Rockies! By the way ... their manager is Clint. ;)
WeAllHaveItCominKid
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #158 on: October 02, 2007, 06:44:52 AM »

Rockies win the Wild Card!!!! Rockies win the Wild Card!!!! Rockies win the Wild Card!!!!

What a fantastic game!

Indeed it was a fantastic game. I stayed up late to watch this. It was exciting right down to the wire! Now, let the playoffs begin baby! :)

Tehama Tony

View Profile Email
« Reply #159 on: October 02, 2007, 03:19:40 PM »

Wow!  I'm not even sure what to say other than this is totally awesome repeated a hundred times. :o
Last night had to be the longest game ever, or at least it felt like it to me as I sat on the edge of my seat for over 4 hours.   :o

Here's Todd Helton and the inspirational rookie of the century, Troy Tulowitzki celebrating the tying run in the bottom of the 13th inning, at this point the game was already in the bag as KC mentioned, a runner on 3rd base with no outs.   O0
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 03:21:05 PM by Tehama Tony » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T