News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Enforcer OST  (Read 7978 times)
right turn clyde

Shockley, you big prick !

View Profile Email
« on: April 24, 2007, 04:14:16 PM »

Lalo Schifrin's record label, Aleph Records, will release the original soundtrack for The Enforcer on June 26th. Written by Jerry Fielding the new CD will include 13 tracks.

More details, track listing and cover art at  http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32405
Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

There's a darkness inside all of us ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 06:24:40 PM »

That shot is from Sudden Impact, not The Enforcer ??? ::)

Make-'em-run-around-the-block-howling-in-agony stunning

"He that hath no beard is less than a man, and he that is less than a man, I am not for him…" 'Much Ado About Nothing' Act 2, Scene I (William Shakespeare)

http://americanbphotography.tumblr.com/
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 07:56:01 PM »

Hey, the cover of the DVD box set too.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 08:49:15 PM »

Where in Sudden Impact is it from? ???

The Clint Eastwood/Malpaso book has it illustrating The Enforcer ... it's also given as from The Enforcer on Jake's "The Dirtiest" site.

http://www.the-dirtiest.com/enfphoto.htm

Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 09:38:19 PM »

Really?? Looks a lot like the shot used on the Sudden Impact poster to me.

Well, my mistake.

"He that hath no beard is less than a man, and he that is less than a man, I am not for him…" 'Much Ado About Nothing' Act 2, Scene I (William Shakespeare)

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 09:57:26 PM »

Really?? Looks a lot like the shot used on the Sudden Impact poster to me.

(I can't see your image, so I'm posting another)

It certainly appears to be the same "head shot." Possibly the people doing the publicity for Sudden Impact borrowed from the earlier imagery. Does anyone know for sure where the "Enforcer" image above comes from?
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 10:27:01 PM »

Lalo Schifrin's record label, Aleph Records, will release the original soundtrack for The Enforcer on June 26th. Written by Jerry Fielding the new CD will include 13 tracks.

More details, track listing and cover art at  http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32405
I did not know that Jerry Fielding did the score. I have high respect for him. I have an old record called Jerry Fielding - Plays A Dance Party on Kapp records that was done in the 50's. It is amazing.

Music speaks louder then words. It's the only thing that the whole world listens to. (Peter, Paul & Mary)
right turn clyde

Shockley, you big prick !

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2007, 02:14:52 AM »

I'm fairly certain this shot is from The Enforcer. By the time he made Sudden Impact in 1983 his hair was greyer and thinner with more of a "comb across" than the "up n over" style he had in his youth. 
Lilly
Member Extraordinaire

"If she looks back..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2007, 02:41:41 AM »

Thanks for the info, rtc, that's good to know.  Another cool CD to get. O0

I thought the complaint was always that they used a shot from The Enforcer for the Sudden Impact poster, hence the confusion.  rtc is right about his hair being greyer in the later film.  I think we surmised in another thread that they used earlier shots for the Sudden Impact publicity to make Harry look like his younger self. ???
Lilly
Member Extraordinaire

"If she looks back..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2007, 03:32:32 AM »

Here's where we mentioned it before.
http://www.clinteastwood.org/forums/index.php?topic=5286.msg82623#msg82623

Can't believe it was in 2005, doesn't seem that long ago, when we were hoping for a Sudden Impact release in 2006.  Hope it doesn't take so long for the next one.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2007, 06:16:30 AM »

I'd still be curious to know when and where the "Enforcer" shot was originally used. Is it a still that's closely related to a scene in the film, or just a publicity shot?

Lilly, now that you mention it, I recall the earlier discussion. Thanks for finding the link!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 06:17:43 AM by KC » Logged
gwb, pt deux

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2007, 10:32:04 AM »

I wonder who 'William D Park' is, the signature of the Chief of Police.... 

HEY - how come my avatar pic is no longer there?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 10:39:05 AM by gwb, pt deux » Logged
Walt
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2007, 11:45:35 AM »

It was a publicity pic for The Enforcer. I remember how dissapointed I was when they rehashed it for the Sudden Impact Poster.Until then the "Harry" posters were almost as cool as the films themselves.
Alcatraz
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2007, 12:50:18 PM »

Like the name of the site goes, it is cool news.

"Reality continues to ruin my life" - Calvin
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2007, 04:23:21 PM »

HEY - how come my avatar pic is no longer there?
gwb, pt deux, Matt's old ISP was hosting your avatar (and quite a few others). He moved a couple of years ago, and they finally got around to deactivating his account. I've contacted him to find out if it's possible to get them hosted somewhere else.

EDIT: I've since discovered that Matt sent the avs to Cal, and Cal added them as options on the site in the last upgrade!

To find them, go to your "Profile" page. Select "Forum Profile Information." At the top you'll see "Personalized Picture." In the list box, select "[Eastwood]." When you've clicked on it, another list box will appear to the right with dozens of avs, most of them created by Matt, to choose from.

gwb, hope you can find yours!  :)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 06:02:07 PM by KC » Logged
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2007, 04:01:48 AM »

I wonder who 'William D Park' is, the signature of the Chief of Police.... 

I wondered that too when I saw it.

I did a search at wikipedia for San Francisco's Chief of Police and couldn't see that name anywhere.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
gwb, pt deux

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2007, 07:27:52 AM »

gwb, pt deux, Matt's old ISP was hosting your avatar (and quite a few others). He moved a couple of years ago, and they finally got around to deactivating his account. I've contacted him to find out if it's possible to get them hosted somewhere else.

EDIT: I've since discovered that Matt sent the avs to Cal, and Cal added them as options on the site in the last upgrade!

To find them, go to your "Profile" page. Select "Forum Profile Information." At the top you'll see "Personalized Picture." In the list box, select "[Eastwood]." When you've clicked on it, another list box will appear to the right with dozens of avs, most of them created by Matt, to choose from.

gwb, hope you can find yours!  :)

Thanks, KC.
mary mary

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2007, 11:08:09 AM »

Hi, just to clarify, the cover shot is from a publicity shoot for The Enforcer, one of the images from that shoot was later used to create the artwork for Sudden Impact. As well as the cover shot, the inside contains four other standard Enforcer WB stills, a Tyne Daly publicity shot and a previously unpublished photo (a location shot of Clint from the Liquor store robbery sequence). The music has been mastered rather nicely.

Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2007, 07:30:45 AM »

Yeah, it wouldn't make sense to use a photo from Sudden Impact for the cover of The Enforcer soundtrack.  I always thought that photo was from The Enforcer, too.

I'm glad this soundtrack is finally being released on cd and can't wait for Sudden Impact and The Dead Pool.  O0

“Eyuh.”
Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2007, 07:34:15 PM »

Hi, just to clarify, the cover shot is from a publicity shoot for The Enforcer, one of the images from that shoot was later used to create the artwork for Sudden Impact.
Yeah, that makes more sense  :)

June 26. I can't wait.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T