News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The "Sad, shed a Tear" Thread  (Read 53250 times)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #120 on: April 22, 2012, 09:12:56 PM »

My mother-in-law passed away last Thursday morning (April 19).  It was just a month since she went into hospital, and less since she was diagnosed with late-stage cancer and tuberculosis.  She was 85 and had no desire to fight the disease even if she could have.  She was a quiet little lady who was afraid of many things, but she was not afraid to die.  She lived a good life and was proud of her children and grandchildren.  David, the boys and I will fly to Taipei, Taiwan for her memorial service in 2 1/2 weeks.  We had hoped to visit her then, but it wasn't to be.

My condolences to you and your family, Elizabeth77. My thoughts and prayers are with you. :)

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #121 on: April 22, 2012, 11:01:32 PM »

My condolences, Elizabeth. You've written a very nice eulogy for her there.
Sylvie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #122 on: April 23, 2012, 02:05:18 AM »

Condoleances and thoughts for all your Family Elisabeth ...

"If she looks back, that means she's interested . Come on now, give me a little look. One little glance back..."

2007 Movie journal
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #123 on: April 23, 2012, 06:40:10 PM »

My condolences to you and your family, Elizabeth.

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #124 on: April 24, 2012, 06:27:06 AM »

Elizabeth77, I am so sorry about your husband's Mother. You have my deepest condolences. :'(
My thoughts and prayers are with you all at this sad time.
God Bless.

I had an Email this morning from Jed Cooper and he is sorry to hear your sad news and asked me to pass his condolences on to you.

Jed Cooper
So sorry for your loss, Elizabeth77.  My heart goes out to you and your family, as well as my prayers.

Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #125 on: April 24, 2012, 11:45:04 AM »

My thoughts and prayers are being sent Elizabeth77.

Music speaks louder then words. It's the only thing that the whole world listens to. (Peter, Paul & Mary)
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #126 on: April 24, 2012, 10:19:18 PM »

My thoughts are with you and your family Elizabeth77. 

I am so sorry to hear your sad news.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #127 on: April 26, 2012, 06:46:29 PM »

On Saturday, I had a pretty bad day! I was volunteering for Earth Fair, staffing a booth in support of Proposition 29, which is the Cancer Research Act, which, if it passes on June 5th, will make California the second place in the world for cancer research. if you are a California voter, please educate yourself on this life-saving initiative, or feel free to PM me off board. The moderators frown on political discussions on the board, so please do message me privately if you're interested in learning more. Anyway, I was volunteering for Earth Fair, seeking to get the word out on this initiative. I got there before the Fair started. I had a lot of difficulty finding any parking, but I saw that a few cars were parked in a certain area, so I decided to park behind them. What I didn't know was that these cars were actually vendors, who had also come early to set up their booths. When the Fair started, the people who had parked in these spots  moved them, and my car was still there. When I went to leave after having finished my shift, my car was gone. There weren't any signs indicating that it was not okay to park where I did. I later learned that my car had been towed. It was quite the hassle getting information about where the car was and how I could get it out, but I eventually did. I called the towing company, and they told me that I could not get my car, since I am not the registered owner of the vehicle. That honor belongs to my father. So, here I am, stranded at Earth Fair, with no car and no way to get the car, so I had to call my Dad. He had to come pick me up. Neither my Dad or I are very good at directions, so even though I got directions on my phone, it was difficult to find the place. We ended up having to pay $350 to get my car out of impound. In addition to that, I got a $77 ticket which I have to pay. So, here I am, volunteering for my community, and it costs me more than $400!

While all this was going on, I got a text from my best friend of 15 years that his fiancĂ© had broken up with him. I called him immediately, but when my Dad came to pick me up, I had to let him go. He called several times after that, but since I was trying to find out where the place was to get my car, I couldn't talk to him. A couple of days before she broke up with him, my friend's ex-fiance said she wanted to get together while she was visiting San Diego. I thought this was a bit strange, since we are really not friends, but she seemed nice the times we did hang out together, so I got together with her. When I met up with her, she started telling me how she really wished she could spend the summer with her Mom in San Diego, and that it wouldn't really bother her if she didn't see my best-friend for a few months as long as he was okay. I found this strange, so I probed a little deeper. At that point, she began to tell me how she wasn't really attracted in a romantic sense to my best friend, and started telling me intimate personal details about her relationship with him. Since he is my best friend, I was a bit uncomfortable. She said she didn't really want to get married and really saw my best friend, who she was planning on marrying, as a really good friend but not somebody that she wanted to marry. Since they have been together for three years, I found this to be very odd. I told her that I thought it was irresponsible of her to engage in a relationship for three years with someone for whom she felt this way, and I tried to encourage her to appreciate all of the good things that my best friend offers her that she would likely not be able to find in another guy. I told her that in my view that butterflies in your stomach feeling fades in time, and that it is really more important to have someone who loves you, who is stable, and who will commit to making your life better each and every day, which he does. She said that she understood those things, but wanted more. I told her that if she continued to feel this way that I would not get married, because her marriage would be doomed to failure, and that a failed relationship would not be good for either one of them. In addition to not feeling romantically attracted to my best friend, she also seemed very uncomfortable with the idea of getting married to anyone. I told her that it could be that she was projecting her fear of commitment onto my best friend, and that if she didn't deal with the underlying issues causing her to be uncomfortable with getting married that her problems wouldn't be solved by merely breaking up with my friend. I suggested to her that she get herself in a place in her life where she was not dependent on anyone, and could therefore make the choice to get married or not not out of dependency but out of a desire for that in her life. She agreed to try to work towards becoming more stable and less dependent in her life, and we parted ways. A couple days after this conversation, she broke up with my best friend. Since we did have this conversation, I can't help but feel somewhat responsible for their relationship falling apart, although she did say she has tried to break up with him on multiple occasions, including when he asked her to marry him. Now she wants to stay living with him, as friends, and date other people, and he doesn't have the heart to kick her out, because he's such a wonderful person. I feel so bad for him, since he's my best friend, and he's done everything right in this relationship. He lives in San Francisco, and I live in San Diego, so I can't really do all that much to help him. We've been talking every day since, and I've offered to come and visit him, but I just wish I could do more. He appears to be taking the end of the relationship as well as can be expected, but I just feel so bad for him, and so upset with her that she led him along for three years when she knew all along that she didn't feel attracted to him in the same way he did to her.  
Elizabeth77
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #128 on: April 26, 2012, 08:23:35 PM »

My special thanks to SK, KC, Sylvie, higashimori, TWOMULES, Jed Cooper, Richard Earl and Lin for your kind condolences.  Your encouragement and support at this time is greatly appreciated.  :)

"Thought I was having trouble with my adding.  It's all right now."
LCat
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #129 on: April 26, 2012, 08:27:33 PM »

Dear Elizabeth77--

I extend my condolences as well.

LCat

Goals are Great!
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #130 on: April 26, 2012, 08:44:30 PM »

Elizabeth, my heart goes out to you and your family. It sounds like your mother-in-law was a great lady! 85 is a long time for anyone to live, so it is great that she was around so long, and was so centered and grounded during her life that she chose to go out on her own terms, rather than fight what would have very likely been a losing battle. If more of our citizens had the wisdom, humility and grace of your mother-in-law, we would all be a lot better off. It's understandably sad to lose her, but it sounds like she made the choice that was right for her, and that she leaves behind a legacy to be proud of.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 08:45:37 PM by AKA23 » Logged
Elizabeth77
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #131 on: April 26, 2012, 08:51:16 PM »

Thank you, LCat and AKA23.  You are very kind. :)

Doug
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

"May I make a suggestion..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #132 on: April 28, 2012, 04:37:43 AM »

My condolences to you and your family, Elizabeth, for the loss of your mother in law.

"Yes, well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of a park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's my policy."  Frank Drebin, Police Squad.
Elizabeth77
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #133 on: July 07, 2012, 07:44:39 PM »

Lately it seems I post in this thread more often than any other, but I guess that's the way life goes.

I received quite a shock this afternoon when my mother called to inform me that her second eldest brother died suddenly today.  I'm stunned.  He wasn't close to home, either, but was in Bermuda for four days with the male chorus he sings with.  It made the local news and they knew about as much as I do now.

Tourist, 80, killed on livery cycle

SATURDAY, JULY 7: A member of an overseas singing group was killed a few minutes after 10am this morning while riding his rental scooter.

The 80-year-old man was travelling west on South Road in the area of South Shore Park in Warwick, when he lost control of his cycle and went through a wooden railing.

Two bystanders administered CPR until the Fire Service arrived.

The tourist, from Florida, was eventually taken to King Edward VII Memorial Hospital where he later succumbed to his injuries.

An eyewitness said other members of the singing group seemed to be calm but other concerned people were seen crying.

Police said no further information will be given until the next of kin has been notified.

http://bermudasun.bm/main.asp?SectionID=24&SubSectionID=270&ArticleID=59467

TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #134 on: July 07, 2012, 08:36:47 PM »

I am very sorry to hear that you lost your Uncle like this. You Have My Deepest Sympathy,E77 :'(

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #135 on: July 07, 2012, 08:41:40 PM »

So sorry to hear this, my condolences to you and your family, E77.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #136 on: July 07, 2012, 09:08:33 PM »

Elizabeth, my deepest condolences.

At 80, it seems your uncle was still living life to the fullest. I wish he could have continued much, much longer!

May he rest in peace.
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #137 on: July 08, 2012, 06:01:01 AM »

Elizabeth, I am so sorry to learn of the loss of your Uncle.  As KC said it seem he was still having a great time at 80. 

I am thinking of you and sending you my deepest sympathy.
LCat
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #138 on: July 08, 2012, 06:18:43 AM »

I'm sorry for your loss, Elizabeth.

I admire that he was doing something that he loved.

LCat

Goals are Great!
Elizabeth77
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #139 on: July 12, 2012, 04:04:19 PM »

TWOMULES, SK, KC, Lin and LCat, thank you for your kind condolences.  You are all so right, my uncle was living life to the fullest.  He always had a smile on his face and a cheerful word for all.  He had the incredible ability to remember almost everyone he ever met, and he genuinely cared about them.  While I'm very sorry that he's gone, I can't help but smile when thinking of him.  :)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T