News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The "Sad, shed a Tear" Thread  (Read 48055 times)
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #140 on: July 12, 2012, 06:02:15 PM »

What sad news about your uncle, what a tragedy!!    All my condolence Elizabeth.

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #141 on: November 11, 2012, 02:39:31 PM »

My Father passed away on November 1. He wasn't a celebrity or did anything to become famous, he was just my Dad. It's been a tough few weeks, actually the last 18 months have been rough. Watching my Dad fight cancer and beat it. Only for it to come back and not let him win this time.

We were told on October 17 that he didn't have long left and some said knowing it was coming makes it a little easier for when the time comes and I can understand that but it really doesn't. In all the time my Dad was going back and forth to doctors and the hospital for treatment he never once complained or got angry. Something I'll always remember. I of course had my moments over the time and didn't handle it well. Getting upset and breaking my hand last year, the way I've spoken to people and getting upset at the smallest things. Losing friends because of it.

Thank you to everyone who emailed and PM'd their condolences to myself and my family. We're all so lucky to have made friends with people around the world over the net.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #142 on: November 11, 2012, 11:49:13 PM »

I think you know you have friends here who share a little of the sadness you are feeling SK. We do understand what has been happening and feel for you.

Knowing someone you love is dying does not make it easier at all. When you lose someone the loss is the same no matter how it happens or if you are warned.

Your Dad was a very special person and kept his dignity and patience right to the end. May he rest in peace.

Thinking of you and sending deepest sympathy.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #143 on: November 12, 2012, 12:10:40 AM »

I've been searching for something to say, and Lin has said everything I was searching for. I can only second everything she said.

I do want you to know that my thoughts are with you. May your father rest in peace.
bdc28
Classic Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #144 on: November 13, 2012, 06:04:33 AM »

Hey Schofield,

I am so sorry for the loss of your Father..you are a wonderful son, please dont forget that.

I thought I would pass along a true story about when my Mother passed, maybe would help you have some small thoughts on it.I promise everything I am about to tell you is very true.

It had been awhile when my Mother passed, it was a hot summer night. My Daughter was about four months old and as a new father I was completely lost without her guidance. I have to admit, it wasnt getting any easier for me to deal with her passing, quite the opposite, it was getting much harder. I missed her everyday. I was getting despondent with my family, even detached, I guess afraid to take another major loss.

I went out to one of those old fashioned swings. As I said it was a horribly hot night, and summers in DC are very unique that DC sits on a swamp. So not only is it hot, its SUPER humid. My tank top was literally stuck to my chest as I swung back and forth.

I took a moment and looked up, very literally, and said "God look I know you arent much into doing favors...and if you were I certainly am not one that would deserve it. I need a favor, please...can you give me a sign, any sign, that my Mother is with you and is ok? I am not asking for the ground to open up, but anything...so I can know she is happy..."

...right as I was finishing that sentence...an UNUSUALLY, almost winter breeze blew....making me wrap my hands around my arms...it blew soft...and continuous...barely rustling the leaves on the trees...for a good five seconds....

..and just a suddenly as it started, it stopped....never to blow anything that cool again that night.

It was at that moment, I cried...I knew I had my answer.

Well, Id like to tell you that is the end of the story ....but its really not. See the part I didnt mention is that...well if you could link my zany sense of humor to ANYONE its my Mother. Despite my upbringing my house was filled with laughter either from her or myself and my brother from her....AND she was quite the prankster....so of course SHE has to get a word in, death isnt going to shut HER up.

Years later, it was a big moving day. We had planned on moving many of the things from one apartment to another...and just as we started to, first thing in the morning...the car goes out...I dont mean like it needs repair...I mean PERMANENTLY. So after getting to the apartment, getting the car towed...calling and getting a quote for a moving truck (which I needed family to bring over)...I was now stuck in the empty apartment waiting for people to arrive.

I looked out the window, thru the blinds, at the brown leaves that had fallen from the turning to autumn. I kept staring out the window....then I smiled...I looked up...and said "Damnit, you did this didnt you?" Smiling....

...and then blew that same breeze. :)

Hes always with you, please dont forget that.

"I once shot an elephant in my pajamas. What he was doing wearing my pajamas I have no idea..."
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #145 on: November 13, 2012, 07:03:57 AM »

That's a beautiful story, bdc, thanks for telling it here!
Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #146 on: November 19, 2012, 12:42:57 PM »

My condolences Scofield.I know exactly how you feel as I was in same situation in summer 2011 when my father died quite suddenly.He had very aggressive lungcancer which nobody knew before it was already too late.
Anyway at time I was very grief stricken and I still miss him a lot but the old phrase that time helps is true in some degree.It gets better but it`s not going to be easy.
So hang in there and I wish you all the best.
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #147 on: November 20, 2012, 05:08:49 PM »

This is by no means as sad as the above posts, however it is sad for my Meg.

Took Meg for a walk and while we were out she was picking up her Frisbee and managed to bite on a stick, it lodged in her mouth. Got it out and then with her whimpering and bleeding walked her home as fast as I could, while on the mobile to the vet. Put her in the car and drove straight up to Richmond. The vet kept her in and hopefully she will be home tomorrow. They rang me earlier this evening to tell me they had flushed out the wound and it was now clean. However there is a large hole and it is very deep, right on the join at the back of her jaw. Poor thing she will be very sore for a few days. I don't think I have ever walked/run so fast for such a distance with her before. She was in the vets in just over 15 minutes and I was totally shattered and out of breath. All is OK now that she is being cared for and on painkillers. I have been sitting by the fire with a large much needed cuppa.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #148 on: November 20, 2012, 05:16:46 PM »

Awww, poor Meg! I hope she is feeling all better soon.
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #149 on: November 21, 2012, 01:25:52 AM »

Thank you KC.  I hope to pick her up from the vet this morning.
Sylvie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #150 on: November 21, 2012, 02:03:29 AM »

Poor Meg, and poor Lin., you are surely upset, and I cross my fingers waiting to read your kind Dog feels better ...

"If she looks back, that means she's interested . Come on now, give me a little look. One little glance back..."

2007 Movie journal
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #151 on: November 21, 2012, 02:56:22 AM »

Thank you Sylvie.  :)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #152 on: November 22, 2012, 02:48:16 PM »

Thanks everyone for the kind words, PM's, emails and cards since my father's passing.

Lin, I hope Meg is back on her paws in no time. :)

Doug
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

"May I make a suggestion..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #153 on: November 23, 2012, 04:21:18 PM »

SK, my condolences on the passing of your father.  I hope you're coping well.  I wish you and your family the best.

"Yes, well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of a park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's my policy."  Frank Drebin, Police Squad.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #154 on: November 23, 2012, 06:05:26 PM »

SK, my condolences on the passing of your father.  I hope you're coping well.  I wish you and your family the best.

Thank you Doug. :)

LCat
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #155 on: November 23, 2012, 10:05:48 PM »

My Father passed away on November 1. He wasn't a celebrity or did anything to become famous, he was just my Dad. It's been a tough few weeks, actually the last 18 months have been rough. Watching my Dad fight cancer and beat it. Only for it to come back and not let him win this time.

We were told on October 17 that he didn't have long left and some said knowing it was coming makes it a little easier for when the time comes and I can understand that but it really doesn't. In all the time my Dad was going back and forth to doctors and the hospital for treatment he never once complained or got angry. Something I'll always remember. I of course had my moments over the time and didn't handle it well. Getting upset and breaking my hand last year, the way I've spoken to people and getting upset at the smallest things. Losing friends because of it.

Thank you to everyone who emailed and PM'd their condolences to myself and my family. We're all so lucky to have made friends with people around the world over the net.

Sorry you lost your dad, SK. My mom had cancer, too. She had a tumor that weighed OVER 100 pounds. I don't know how many kgs that is, though it's probably easy for me to figure out. She died without so much as a whimper, though she suffered greatly. I burnt out after caring for her, handling her funeral and other affairs. I didn't handle her demise as well as I would have liked, but I can't beat myself up for that, too.

It took me almost 20 years to come to terms with my mom's death and find peace. I hope you find peace much sooner than that, if you haven't found it already!

All the best.

LCat

Goals are Great!
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #156 on: November 27, 2012, 06:21:13 PM »

Thank you LCat. :)

Elizabeth77
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #157 on: May 23, 2016, 07:53:22 PM »

My beloved cockatiel died at 4:40 am today.  I heard him fall off his perch and flap around on the bottom of his cage.  I went to comfort him, but there was nothing I could do for him except stroke his back and quiet him.  It means a lot to me that I was there and didn't just find him there a couple of hours later.

I've had many pets through the years, and many of them have died on me, but Jingo was with us for 25 years.  I received him as an 8th grade graduation present 25 years ago (two weeks from now).  He was about a year old at the time.  He lived with my sister's family for 18 of those years, only returning to me three years ago.  No matter how long the time between visits, he always treated me as someone very special.  He brought beauty, joy and song into our home and will be sorely missed.  :'(

"Thought I was having trouble with my adding.  It's all right now."
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #158 on: May 23, 2016, 08:15:30 PM »

Pets bring so much love to our lives, and when they pass on, it's like losing a family member.  Sorry for your loss, Elizabeth.
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #159 on: May 23, 2016, 09:10:59 PM »

Pets bring so much love to our lives, and when they pass on, it's like losing a family member.  Sorry for your loss, Elizabeth.

I agreed!  :(

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T