News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eastwood Films on DVD/Blu-Ray (Upcoming Releases, News, Reviews etc)  (Read 187085 times)
JSE

Don't just do something, stand there...

View Profile Email
« Reply #220 on: March 16, 2013, 04:55:57 AM »

Good news!

Two Mules For Sister Sara and Joe Kidd have now been slated for Blu-ray release on May 6th in the UK.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=10648
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 04:58:55 AM by JSE » Logged
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #221 on: March 18, 2013, 06:52:39 PM »

" Clint Eastwood’s ‘Trouble with the Curve’ Arrives onto DVD and Blu-Ray "

http://www.starmometer.com/2013/03/16/clint-eastwoods-trouble-with-the-curve-arrives-onto-dvd-and-blu-ray/

“Trouble with the Curve,” a heartwarming sports movie starring Justin Timberlake (“The Social Network,” “Friends with Benefits”), Amy Adams (“The Fighter,” “Doubt”) and Clint Eastwood (“Million Dollar Baby,” “Unforgiven”) arrives onto DVD and Blu-Ray this month from MagnaVision Home Video.

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #222 on: March 18, 2013, 08:05:45 PM »

^ The above site appears to be operating in the Philippines. Otherwise, I would say they are just a teensy bit behind with their news.
JSE

View Profile Email
« Reply #223 on: March 24, 2013, 11:20:16 AM »

According to Blu-ray.com, a company in the UK called Second Sight Films has acquired the rights to release Thunderbolt and Lightfoot on Blu-ray! The company hasn't officially announced anything just yet but have changed their Facebook profile picture to a TandL shot which is their way of offering a teaser (apparently).

I've been waiting for this news for years!  I've emailed the company and asked some questions about remastering and extras so will report what they come back with.

I'm hoping for an entire audio commentary about the gay subtext and the original ending where Lightfoot doesn't die but instead marries Thunderbolt and adopts 3 children. (sorry! have just read the huge T and L thread for the first time! )   >:D
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 09:50:31 AM by JSE » Logged
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #224 on: March 24, 2013, 11:22:40 AM »

I like your alternate ending, JSE! ;D
JSE

View Profile Email
« Reply #225 on: March 24, 2013, 11:33:49 AM »

I really hope they do a good job in all seriousness though as this is up in the top 10 for me.  I would die and go to heaven if they found some extra features for it or did a retrospective type of featurette for it.

Has anyone ever seen anything behind the scenes on this film?  It's like a black hole for information as I've never heard any of the principal cast talk about it at length since it was released.
JSE

View Profile Email
« Reply #226 on: March 28, 2013, 09:48:10 AM »

Even more Clint Blu-ray news!

An interesting question was asked during a Time Entertainment interview with film-restoration expert Michael Daruty about Universal's restoration on Schindler's List.

Question: Any upcoming projects you want to talk about?

Answer: We have a commitment to restore 3 to 5 new prints a year. Right now, we’re working on A Touch of Evil,  O0 O0 High Plains Drifter  O0 O0, Double Indemnity — and we’ll probably add another title or two at the end of the year.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can't wait to see how great the remastered picture will be on this!
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #227 on: March 28, 2013, 11:21:39 AM »

I'm hoping for an entire audio commentary about the gay subtext and the original ending where Lightfoot doesn't die but instead marries Thunderbolt and adopts 3 children. (sorry! have just read the huge T and L thread for the first time! )   >:D

LOL. That's a good one JSE. Personally, I've had just about enough of the overrepresentation of gays and lesbians in the media. Gays are 3% of the population but everywhere in popular culture these days, and seem to appear out of nowhere whether their portrayal is germane to the story or not. In my opinion, and I am fine if you disagree, we already have enough gay characters without having to invent new ones for movies that are perfectly good as they are ;)
JSE

View Profile Email
« Reply #228 on: March 30, 2013, 10:18:22 AM »

A bit more information on the High Plains Drifter release. I emailed Michael Daruty of NCB Universal and he was kind enough to respond with the following:-

James,

Our Home Entertainment Group has a tentative Blu-ray release date for High Plains is set for an end of summer/early fall release. We are currently conducting a full restoration of the title which Mr. Eastwood is involved with and will approve. I cannot not speak to the extras on the disc as this will be decided by our Home Entertainment Group.

Best,
Michael 
TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #229 on: March 30, 2013, 01:27:50 PM »

Thanks for the update, JSE.  :)
Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #230 on: May 30, 2013, 01:51:58 PM »

Michael Cimino has announced a US release of Thunderbolt and Lightfoot is coming soon on Blu-ray.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 01:55:01 PM by Philo Beddoe Jr » Logged

Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #231 on: May 30, 2013, 02:44:08 PM »

Michael Cimino has announced a US release of Thunderbolt and Lightfoot is coming soon on Blu-ray.

A Thunderbolt and Lightfoot Criterion? I might get that. O0
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #232 on: July 08, 2013, 09:17:52 PM »

" Clint Eastwood: 40 Film Collection DVD Set Review "

The Work of a true Hollywood Legend

By Tim Janson      

http://www.mania.com/clint-eastwood-40-film-collection-dvd-set-review_article_137869.html

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« Reply #233 on: July 17, 2013, 07:03:05 AM »

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #234 on: July 17, 2013, 07:15:05 AM »

http://www.criterionforum.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=441451

Wow, and Blu-ray no less.  What would be interesting to see is all of Eastwood's pre-Leone movie appearances on one set, with bonus television appearances to round out the set.  Sadly, that'll probably never happen.  It'd be great to have this, Revenge Of The Creature, Tarantula, Lafayette Escadrille, etc. all togther in one compiled dvd set.

“Eyuh.”
knoyd

View Profile Email
« Reply #235 on: July 27, 2013, 04:45:33 AM »

YES!!.....High Plains drifter finally annouced for US blu ray release on Oct. 15th. Preorder up at Amazon.com already.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=11735
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #236 on: July 27, 2013, 08:12:11 PM »

YES!!.....High Plains drifter finally annouced for US blu ray release on Oct. 15th. Preorder up at Amazon.com already.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=11735
I see they have the packaging marked as being a 40th anniversary edition, but it doesn't look like there's going to be any extra features other than the trailer. That's too bad if that ends up being the only special feature.
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #237 on: August 01, 2013, 10:06:09 PM »

" Eastwood Directs: The Untold Story "

Review by Tyler Foster

Regardless of his politics, which painted a bit of a target on his back in the last election, there's no question that Clint Eastwood will be remembered, and remembered fondly, as one of Hollywood's most monumental figures. His name became synonymous with the western genre for modern audiences thanks to the "Man With No Name" trilogy he made with Sergio Leone, only for him to redefine himself as the quintessential no-nonsense American police officer with the Dirty Harry series. Meanwhile, almost while audiences weren't paying attention, Eastwood exercised his craft behind the camera, and transformed himself yet again in 2000s through to the present as a director of major prestige pictures. To accompany the 35 pictures Eastwood has made with Warner Bros., Eastwood's biographer and well-known film critic Richard Schickel crafted this, an hour-long documentary about Eastwood's directing career.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/61350/eastwood-directs-the-untold-story/

iconfan

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #238 on: August 30, 2013, 08:11:10 AM »

Great news! Its on amazon for pre order for like 11.67 plus shipping 
You add both DVDs together and its 3 hours!
 Its available sep 3rd! Already ordered mine and anticipate sitting to watch it Friday!
Christmas in August- love it!
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #239 on: September 01, 2013, 08:35:50 AM »

I have ordered it too from Amazon USA.

The only thing I could find in the UK is this one.

It seems to have only one DVD so I am guessing it is not quite the same.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T