News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eastwood Films on DVD/Blu-Ray (Upcoming Releases, News, Reviews etc)  (Read 211712 times)
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #380 on: July 01, 2022, 06:38:14 PM »

I was thinking about upgrading to blu-ray for some Eastwood movies. This set would be a cheap way of picking up seven Universal movies:

It has Two Mules for Sister Sara, Joe Kidd, High Plains Drifter (I have the DVD set of those three), Coogan's Bluff, The Beguiled, Play Misty for Me, and The Eiger Sanction

This isn't a new set, but was just browsing and wanted to mention it. I've been collecting since well before Blu-ray was a thing, but I'd like to get some HD versions of some of these movies, and this set looks good. There are individual releases for some of these that probably have some good extra features, but this would be a bit more economical. Has anyone else made it a point to collect Eastwood movies on blu-ray or 4K? AKA mentioned the In the Line of Fire 4K release a couple months ago, and I see that's about to come out!
This is currently $14.99 on gruv.com (this is region A), so I just ordered it. That's a good price to upgrade to Blu-ray. O0
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #381 on: March 04, 2023, 11:18:32 AM »

Paint Your Wagon is going to get a Blu-ray release "coming soon." I just checked Kino Lorber's website and it isn't listed on there yet, but saw the announcement on facebook. The facebook post also says it's from a 4K scan of the original film negative, so that should look really good. I've always found this to be a fun movie, so it is something I'd be interested in picking up at some point.
Hammerhead

Get the hell out of the way, hammerhead.

View Profile Email
« Reply #382 on: March 15, 2023, 08:55:30 AM »

I agree with KC, I’ll wait until they’re all available on Blu-ray.  It makes no sense to release this set with even just one movie in dvd format, never mind seven!  I’m used to disappointment, though.  The entire TOS Star Trek television and movie series is available in one set, sans the Director’s Edition of the first movie, which was an improvement over the original! 

My guess is that the Signature Collection will see re-release with all films on Blu-ray format with the inclusion of Richard Jewell. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FedEx just dropped off my set, I got it on ebay here in the UK for ?150.

Haven't watched anything yet but I have to say the packaging is beautiful. It comes with some extra bits, mini posters, pictures, a Pale Rider press kit.

I know it's not ideal in that it has some DVDs and I'll probably look to pick up the blu rays of T&L, Bronco Billy and Paint Your Wagon to compliment it.

Great to have almost everything in one set however and I'm looking forward to revisiting his filmography in order, many of which I haven't watched in a long time, also a chance to introduce my partner to them as she has only seen a handful. :)
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #383 on: May 31, 2023, 01:27:56 PM »

Gruv.com is currently doing a Clint Eastwood sale for some DVDs and Blu Rays. It looks like maybe it will run through Father's Day (June 18).

https://www.gruv.com/category/clint_eastwood

There's a couple others I might order, but I've already put in an order for the Dirty Harry blu-ray set with the first four movies in it. I really wish it were all five, but for the price I'll get to have those movies in HD. I still have my Dirty Harry DVD collection that was released in 2001 and will probably always keep that.

Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #384 on: July 24, 2023, 06:37:36 AM »

Thunderbolt and Lightfoot is coming to 4K from Kino Lorber on September 26.

https://kinolorber.com/product/thunderbolt-and-lightfoot-4kuhd
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #385 on: February 04, 2024, 01:05:11 PM »

Paint Your Wagon is going to get a Blu-ray release "coming soon." I just checked Kino Lorber's website and it isn't listed on there yet, but saw the announcement on facebook. The facebook post also says it's from a 4K scan of the original film negative, so that should look really good. I've always found this to be a fun movie, so it is something I'd be interested in picking up at some point.
Paint Your Wagon will be releasing on March 26 in both 4K and Blu-ray.

https://kinolorber.com/product/paint-your-wagon-4kuhd

I like the cover art. This is one I'm still interested in picking up eventually, but I'm not sure when. I still haven't gotten their Thunderbolt and Lightfoot release. I might check the DVD quality again, and see if it's something I really want to upgrade (I know it would be an improvement, but if the DVD is fine, I might stick with it).
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #386 on: February 04, 2024, 04:12:58 PM »

Paint Your Wagon will be releasing on March 26 in both 4K and Blu-ray.

OMG. What a waste of 4k technology haha. No picture upgrade can ever make that movie good!
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #387 on: February 07, 2024, 12:26:30 PM »

Kino Lorber puts out such a great variety of movies on blu-ray and 4K. They are definitely one of my favorite boutique labels. When I posted last March about their announcement for Paint Your Wagon, it was only supposed to be a blu-ray release. Releasing a movie on 4K is pretty risky from my understanding, so I guess they're willing to risk with this one. Despite the general attitude about the movie on the board, I think it could sell decently for them. It certainly isn't Thunderbolt and Lightfoot, but it's a fun movie. More Eastwood movies being available on 4K certainly ain't a bad thing. 8)
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #388 on: March 14, 2024, 01:56:16 PM »

American Sniper has a 4K steelbook coming out. There is no date listed for it yet, but it is available for preorder. I just realized this is its 10th anniversary. I don't know if this has previously been released on 4K.

https://www.gruv.com/product/american_sniper_limited_edition_4k_steelbook_uhd
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #389 on: April 10, 2024, 06:30:37 PM »

OMG. What a waste of 4k technology haha. No picture upgrade can ever make that movie good!
Hahaha!  I just saw this and couldn?t agree more!  However, I?ve been giving Clint?s movies he directed but doesn?t appear in another chance.  Since he?s not appearing in Juror #2, I decided to revisit them all in chronological order, starting with Breezy from 1973 and just finished Sully from 2016.  Keeping an opened mind and having no expectations whatsoever helped me gain an appreciation for all of them that was absent until these viewings.  Next up is The 15:17 To Paris from 2018, ending with Richard Jewell from 2019.  Juror #2 is the first film directed by Eastwood that he doesn?t appear in that I?m looking forward to.  I?m looking forward to hearing the latest news, seeing the trailer, movie poster and hearing any music he may compose for this project.

Having said all this? I?m actually considering giving Paint Your Wagon another viewing sometime. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

“Eyuh.”
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #390 on: April 23, 2024, 06:37:39 PM »

Gruv does have a date now for the American Sniper steelbook. It's set for May 14, 2024.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T