News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mel Gibson Is America's Favorite Movie Star  (Read 4935 times)
Big-matt

Gotta light

View Profile WWW Email
« on: December 22, 2003, 01:21:28 PM »

I dont agree with this poll at all, so lets click for clint and boost our man to the top

Please follow the link....

http://www.thechamplainchannel.com/entertainment/2719982/detail.html

I tried being reasonable,
I didn't like it.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2003, 07:59:02 PM »

Of all the silly polls that are conducted every year, this one has always struck me as being the silliest ... as the accompanying story points out, only one of the top ten (Depp) even starred in a movie in the past year (well, both Cruise and Roberts have films out now ... and aren't we forgetting Out of Time, released in October, starring Denzel Washington?).

At any rate, John Wayne, who regularly places high in this poll, has been dead for twenty-four years.

But, it's nice to see Clint make the cut and get into the top ten. Thanks for letting us know, Big-matt ... Next time you come across an item like this, you might put it in the News forum instead of the General Discussion forum. ;)
Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2003, 05:30:35 AM »

Hey there,

I put in a vote for Clint, but I must say the percentage comparisons between Gibson and the others is amazing.
So far Gibson gets 34 percent of the votes, and his nearest competition Julia Roberts only gets 12 percent.

I also find it interesting that Gibson is so popular right now given the flack he is recieving over 'The Passion'.
I am looking forward to seeing that and Mad Max 4.

WKC.

Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2003, 10:22:32 AM »

Gibson certainly aint the UK's fave....... ;)

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Dave

...big, mean, yellow dog, ....ok......

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2003, 10:41:35 AM »

Mel's cool, just in a different way....at least the Pope liked his new movie....people just need to chill. :)

I 'll only say this once, I 've never said it before..this kind of certainty comes but just once in a lifetime......
vik
Member Extraordinaire

flags of our fathers

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2003, 02:29:07 PM »

heh look what the sun can do with a picture of rudolf - ever popular at christmas - created mel gibson  ;D

ho ho ho ha ha ha

merry christmas
« Last Edit: December 24, 2003, 02:31:43 PM by vik » Logged

england -  its flag the St George flag
WeAllHaveItCominKid
Member Extraordinaire

They got a sign on him in front of Greely's?

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 12:41:53 PM »

I thought I'd revive this thread. I know since this thread was made, Mel has had some personal problems in his life but that doesn't change my mind about him. He's one of my favorite actors and I think he has the potential to be kind of like Clint Eastwood as a great actor turned great director. I love his work thus far and I can't wait to see some future projects of his.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 04:37:16 PM »

Thought The Passion was very powerful.  Still waiting for mad Max 4  :'(

WeAllHaveItCominKid
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2008, 09:19:11 PM »

Thought The Passion was very powerful.  Still waiting for mad Max 4  :'(

I want Mad Max 4 as well and I'd love for it to be directed by Mel Gibson. It appears that we're getting a Lethal Weapon 5. Shane Black has already penned the script and is rumored to also direct. If Mel can do another Lethal Weapon, he sure could do Mad Max at his age.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2008, 11:01:10 PM »

Passion 2.... ?  ;)

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Walt
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2008, 11:34:05 PM »

WeAllHaveItCominKid
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2008, 04:23:44 PM »

I'd love Mel to do another HISTORICAL EPIC.

Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2008, 11:54:55 AM »

I want Mad Max 4 as well.

Why  ??? The first two Mad Max-films were great no doubt about it but the third one was horrible and if the series continue like the Lethal Weapon filmseries did the fourth Mad Max would be even crappier than Thunderdome was.

Still I like most of the Mel Gibson`s films.
Walt
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2008, 01:34:51 AM »

I've never been a fan of Mr Gibson. I liked The Patriot and the first Lethal Weapon but that's got more to do with the film itself than Mel. He is quite an adept director and that's where he should stay. As far as I'm concerned he's had his day in front of the camera.
WeAllHaveItCominKid
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2008, 11:08:43 PM »

Why  ??? The first two Mad Max-films were great no doubt about it but the third one was horrible and if the series continue like the Lethal Weapon filmseries did the fourth Mad Max would be even crappier than Thunderdome was.

Still I like most of the Mel Gibson`s films.

I actually think THUNDERDOME is underrated. It has some great action sequences. Sure, the Peter Pan storyline may be a bit silly but I like that something new was added to the series here.

Chris66

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2008, 02:38:34 PM »

I thought Mel Gibson was great in Braveheart, The Patriot and Signs but I still have some more of his films that I want to see.

"I finish things.....that's what I do"

Most Anticipated Films: Valkyrie, Defiance, Terminator Salvation, Watchmen, Gran Torino, Public Enemies and Give 'Em Hell Malone.
Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2008, 09:33:42 AM »

I actually think THUNDERDOME is underrated. It has some great action sequences. Sure, the Peter Pan storyline may be a bit silly but I like that something new was added to the series here.

Well maybe I should watch it again,don`t know  :-\  What I do know that the film was huge disappointment when it first came to the theaters.No car chases and not as much action as was in the Mad Max II - Roadwarrior.It also had horrible performance by Tina Turner...though I like her song for the film http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TViZKt-AX6E&feature=related  ;)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 09:36:07 AM by Hemlock » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T