News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Celebrity Obituary Thread  (Read 347864 times)
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #520 on: October 03, 2011, 06:55:54 PM »

Don Lapre 10/02/11: CBS News/Celebrity Circuit

« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 03:38:40 AM by Jed Cooper » Logged

“Eyuh.”
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #521 on: October 05, 2011, 08:11:15 PM »

http://www.apple.com/

http://www.apple.com/stevejobs/

" Steve Jobs, Apple’s Visionary, Dies at 56 "

By JOHN MARKOFF

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/06/business/steve-jobs-of-apple-dies-at-56.html?hp

Steven P. Jobs, the visionary co-founder of Apple who helped usher in the era of personal computers and then led a cultural transformation in the way music, movies and mobile communications were experienced in the digital age, died Wednesday. He was 56.

R.I.P. MR Jobs.

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #522 on: October 05, 2011, 08:23:13 PM »

Thanks, Higashimori. I was coming in here to post that one, if no one else had. Even though I'm not a user of his products, I have to say he was truly a visionary.

iR.I.P.
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #523 on: October 06, 2011, 05:24:01 AM »

Yes he was a visionary KC. I don't use his products either but many, many people do so he will be sadly missed. It is not so long ago that he gave an interview saying he was stepping down because of ill health. He was far too young. 

RIP Steve.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #524 on: October 07, 2011, 08:48:29 PM »

Diane Cilento, the dusky-voiced stage and film actress whose forthright sensuality was best displayed as the wench Molly in “Tom Jones” and who endured a tempestuous marriage to actor Sean Connery, died Oct. 6 in Queensland, Australia. She was 79.

Washington Post

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #525 on: October 07, 2011, 09:21:23 PM »

I meant to post this earlier ... Charles Napier, the character actor, who was a favorite of Jonathan Demme, passed away on Wednesday.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/07/movies/charles-napier-actor-who-played-strong-men-dies.html

But with his formidable jaw, gruff demeanor and growling bass voice, Mr. Napier was typically cast in rugged parts. He played Tucker McElroy, the irate frontman for the country band the Good Ole Boys, in “The Blues Brothers” (1980); Murdock, the villain in “Rambo: First Blood Part II” (1985); and Lt. Bill Boyle, who is murdered by Hannibal Lecter in “The Silence of the Lambs” (1991).

He appeared on television shows like “The Rockford Files,” “B. J. and the Bear” and, more recently, “Curb Your Enthusiasm.” He provided voices for “The Simpsons,” “The Critic” and other animated series. His most high-profile role was the contemplative Judge Garnett in “Philadelphia” (1993).

“I always felt I played myself or some kind of version of myself,” he told The Bakersfield Californian last March. “If you think about it, old actors probably don’t even have a self.”

R.I.P.
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #526 on: October 08, 2011, 01:43:39 AM »

George Baker the English actor who played in many movies but best remembered as Inspector Wexford in the television series of Ruth Rendall's books.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2011/oct/08/george-baker-inspector-wexford-dies?newsfeed=true

RIP George.
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #527 on: October 08, 2011, 01:44:48 AM »

RIP Diane.  Always remembered for that deep voice.

Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #528 on: October 08, 2011, 01:46:40 AM »

I remember Charles Napier in the Rockford Files.

RIP Charles.
LCat
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #529 on: October 16, 2011, 04:38:48 PM »

Goals are Great!
TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #530 on: October 19, 2011, 07:38:58 AM »

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon :'(

Dan Wheldon, who was killed in a multiple pile-up in the Las Vegas Indy 300 on October 16 aged 33, was one of the most successful British drivers in motorsport. He was also one of my favourite drivers and twice a winner of the famous Indianapolis 500. Dan was an exceptionally gifted driver and will be sadly missed in the world of motorsport. :(

I was deeply shocked and saddened by this horrifying sad news. :'(

condolences to his family and friends. R.I.P. :'(
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #531 on: October 21, 2011, 03:44:40 AM »

RIP Ms. Cilento and Misters Jobs, Napier, Baker and Wheldon.  I recently read Mr. Jobs officially resigned on August 24 and that date stands out because that's when my Nina Marie was born.

God bless them all.

“Eyuh.”
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #532 on: November 08, 2011, 12:26:18 AM »

Joe Frazier, the relentless slugger who became the heavyweight champion of the world and earned boxing immortality with three epic battles against Muhammad Ali, has died aged 67.

"Smokin' Joe" Frazier, who was the first boxer to beat Ali, died in Philadelphia on Monday (local time) a month after being diagnosed with liver cancer.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-11-08/boxing-great-frazier-dead-at-67/3652854/?site=melbourne

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #533 on: November 08, 2011, 02:16:36 AM »

R.I.P Joe. One of my heroes when I was a kid and truly one of the greats..

« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 08:32:49 AM by Gant » Logged

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Southern cat
Member Extraordinaire

The Man

View Profile Email
« Reply #534 on: November 08, 2011, 02:38:21 AM »

RIP Joe.  :(
Doug
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

"May I make a suggestion..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #535 on: November 08, 2011, 06:39:13 AM »

RIP Smokin' Joe.

It's been a long time since I've watched them, but those three fights with Ali are pretty amazing.  I should watch them again.  I was always an Ali guy, but you have to admit, the two of them were pretty evenly matched up, and Joe was able to give Ali all he could handle.

"Yes, well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of a park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's my policy."  Frank Drebin, Police Squad.
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #536 on: November 09, 2011, 04:03:20 AM »

RIP Joe.

I think the only man who 'hurt' Ali.
TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #537 on: December 06, 2011, 10:46:39 AM »

Winner in F1's closest finish dies aged 71

Close finish: Peter Gethin (second from left) wins the 1971 Italian Grand Prix

Gethin is best known for his only Formula One victory at the 1971 Italian Grand Prix in what is arguably the closest finish in the sport's history.

R.I.P Peter Gethin :(
TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #538 on: December 06, 2011, 10:54:23 AM »

Brazil legend Socrates dies. :(

Brazil's 1982 World Cup captain Socrates, the 'Golden Heel' renowned as one of the great playmakers of his generation, died in hospital on Sunday of septic shock at the age of 57.

The tall full-bearded playmaker captained Brazil in the 1982 World Cup in Spain and was a member of the squad in 1986 in Mexico. The 1982 Brazilian team became widely known as the best not to win a World Cup.

R.I.P Socrates :(
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #539 on: December 07, 2011, 10:19:49 PM »

'Drift Away' Singer Dobie Gray Dead at 71

Source: Rolling Stone

“Eyuh.”
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 83 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T