News: Coming in 2021: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CINEMA RETRO'S SPECIAL ISSUE 3: KELLY'S HEROES  (Read 11092 times)
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2011, 04:34:04 AM »

I totally agree Palooka.  Some really great stories and images here.

Alas, my question STILL remains unanswered  >:( >:(

I just bought one issue of the Kelly's Heroes edition.  It cost me $13.  I've perused it a few times but no time to read it now.  I'll keep it safe and as in mint condition possible before, during and after I've read it.  Then I'll put it away and forget about it.  Once it's sold out perhaps I'll go to eBay.  I don't know about that, I think I'd rather keep these because they're so nice. 

Again, if anybody has any knowledge of where I can get a copy of the Where Eagles Dare edition, please let me know.  Thanks.

“Eyuh.”
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2011, 05:38:57 AM »

Have Cinema Retro sold out of all their back copies?  They often do have back issues of the magazine.  I guess you have already explored that avenue.  :(
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2011, 05:45:27 AM »

Have Cinema Retro sold out of all their back copies?  They often do have back issues of the magazine.  I guess you have already explored that avenue.  :(

I reached out to them on Facebook.  They were great in responding quickly to inform me that their special editions are limited editions only that will not be reprinted.  So, my quest to find their SE of Where Eagles Dare begins....

What's great about these special editions is it brings a new appreciation to Eastwood movies I otherwise hate.  I'll never enjoy watching Kelly's Heroes or Where Eagles Dare but I very much enjoy Cinema Retro's treatment of KH.  Often times it's like enjoying a book more than the movie.  If I dislike a movie, I usually enjoy the book version if there is one.  Another Eastwood movie I dislike very much that I'd like to see Cinema Retro cover is Pale Rider.  I can't stand that western but am sure they'd do a terrific job.  Unfortunately, unless they change their format from 60's/70's movies, that won't happen. 
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 05:49:12 AM by Brian Cooper » Logged

“Eyuh.”
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2011, 05:54:32 AM »

Oh well you will just have to keep trying eBay.  ;)

I am sorry you don't like WED. Or Pale Rider and Kelly's Heroes for that matter.  All three are very high on my favourites lists.  Which Eastwood movies are ones you enjoy?
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2011, 06:16:27 AM »

Oh well you will just have to keep trying eBay.  ;)

I am sorry you don't like WED. Or Pale Rider and Kelly's Heroes for that matter.  All three are very high on my favourites lists.  Which Eastwood movies are ones you enjoy?

My favorites have always been the Leone Trilogy, hands down.  After that would be the first Dirty Harry.  As a whole, my favorite decade is the 70's.  Lots of great stuff there.  The 80's were promising and initially good upon viewing, but haven't aged well.  Of course, there was a return to form in the 90's but I'm not happy with Eastwood's output these days.  That's just my opinion.  It's not that I expect him to strap on a .44 Magnum at his age, I just don't care for what he's doing now, that's all. 

If you're at all interested, I posted my ratings here: Coop's Eastwood Movie Reviews 2011 (*began in 2009)

“Eyuh.”
mike siegel

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2011, 02:24:27 AM »

I'm a RETRO contributor and I have a small list of people here who either search old issues
or who want to sell some. #8 and the WED special issues are the most sought-after.Yet they
show up here and there, but without an enourmous amount of luck it will be hard to
find copies for less than 70-100.-
Once they are sold out people seem to hold on to their copies :)
A subscription is best anyway.
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2011, 03:38:28 AM »

I'm a RETRO contributor and I have a small list of people here who either search old issues
or who want to sell some. #8 and the WED special issues are the most sought-after.Yet they
show up here and there, but without an enourmous amount of luck it will be hard to
find copies for less than 70-100.-
Once they are sold out people seem to hold on to their copies :)
A subscription is best anyway.

Thank you, Mike.  Is there a separate Retro Cinema subscription for special editions only?  I did wind up getting a 2nd copy of Kelly's Heroes and have sent away for 2 copies of The Dollars Trilogy SE.

If you come across someone that does finally wish to sell their WED issue(s), please inform me.  I'd greatly appreciate that.  I'll forward you my email information on a PM.  Thanks again!

“Eyuh.”
perfectnumber6

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2011, 06:22:29 PM »

I didn't know anything about these until I came across a copy of the Kelly's Heroes edition at a Barnes & Nobles by my house. Score! I think I jumped up and down I was so excited! I then promptly came home an ordered The Dollars Trilogy one. I can't wait to see what other ones they release.

Blondie: One, two, three, four, five and six. Six, the perfect number.
Angel Eyes: I thought three was the perfect number.
Blondie: Yeah, well I've got six more bullets in my gun.
Lieutenant Schaffer

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2011, 07:15:41 AM »

Hello all,

I'm new on this forum! :)
Registered yesterday and I'm a big fan of Clint Eastwood.
I'm just 18 years old, but I'm watching his movies for more then 10 years now.

My favorite Clint Eastwood movies are:

As an actor:
- Where Eagles Dare
- Kelly's Heroes
- Gran Torino
- Dollar Trilogy
- Million Dollar Baby
- Dirty Harry

I like all his movies, but the most favorite are mentioned above. Where Eagles Dare is my number 1, because that was the first Clint Eastwood movie I saw and because I am highly interested in World War 2 (the Movie was very good also :P ).

Now ontopic:
----------------

I saw this topic yesterday and I ordered the 'Dollar Trilogy' and the 'Kelly's Heroes' edition from their website.
How long does it take to receive my items? I want to have them fast! :D

I couldn't get the 'Where Eagles Dare' edition but I realy want to have that one (since it is my most favorite Eastwood movie).
I can't find it on Ebay either. Does anyone now where I can find this edition?

PS:
Don't judge me to hard on my English language skills. I'm not English/American like the most of you, but from The Netherlands. And just 18 years old, so my English language skills will improve day by day :P.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2011, 09:59:11 AM »

Welcome, Lieutenant Schaffer! I hope you will enjoy posting here.

Don't worry about your English ... it is excellent. We're happy to have you here!

I hope you'll get your magazines soon. I don't know where you can find the "Where Eagles Dare" issue, but my suggestion would be to keep checking eBay. It will probably turn up there sooner or later.
Lieutenant Schaffer

View Profile Email
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2011, 01:20:09 PM »

Thanks for your answer :).

I guess you're right. I hope I'll see it on ebay one day soon :).
Southern cat
Member Extraordinaire

The Man

View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2011, 01:34:12 PM »

Welcome, Lieutenant Schaffer!  O0

WED is one of my favourite films too. Make sure you save your money up because that issue sold for over $150 last time on ebay. ;)
Lieutenant Schaffer

View Profile Email
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2011, 02:25:08 PM »

Haha, that won't be a big problem :P.

I didn't know there were that much big Clint Eastwood fans. Five thousand pieces sold and everyone keeps them.
It was a surprise for me to find a forum totally dedicated to Clint Eastwood, because I don't know a lot of big Clint Eastwood fans in Holland :P.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 02:27:36 PM by Lieutenant Schaffer » Logged
Lieutenant Schaffer

View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2012, 09:21:14 AM »

I received the Kelly's Heroes en Dollars Trilogy editions today together! :D
mike siegel

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2012, 02:46:44 PM »

Welcome, Lieutenant Schaffer!  O0

WED is one of my favourite films too. Make sure you save your money up because that issue sold for over $150 last time on ebay. ;)

Recently well over $ 200,00.-  ...
Lieutenant Schaffer

View Profile Email
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2012, 11:23:14 AM »

I ordered the Dollars Trilogy & Kelly's Heroes magazine again.
I think it is better to have more than one copy. If one is damaged, you'll still have a new one.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T