News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Michael Jackson AMA nominations  (Read 957 times)
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: October 14, 2009, 08:00:21 PM »

Before I start this, let me just say I like a lot of Michael Jackson's music; Off The Wall, Thriller and Bad being favorite albums and a lot of his other solo work thereafter.  What I don't understand is his being nominated for awards by the AMA (American Music Awards).  For what, dying?  There's been no new material for years and even the greatest hits compilation being considered was released 6 years ago!  Give an artist credit where it's due but this is bull!  What's next, giving Elvis an Academy award?  Jackson will probably win but it's misplaced credit, like the super-ultra-retarded statement that the dance sequence in Jailhouse Rock was the first music video!

“Eyuh.”
-satu-
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 05:25:32 AM »

You've got a point there Cooper..

I like Jackson too, for me him dying woke me up. I like to listen and watch his vids on youtube.

But these nominations are kinda ridiculous. Why not give him a lifetime achievement award or something, that would be nice. That's just what I think.  ::)

Could anyone else have seen the beauty of it?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T