News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2010 Movie Discussion  (Read 28736 times)
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2010, 02:25:18 AM »

"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't drive!" ;D
Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2010, 07:40:08 AM »

This has been around a long while, it's actually from "The Onion" movie.  Hilarious though  8)

Well I only just saw it and was quite well aware that it`s just a joke trailer.Anyway it was good to see that Seagal has sense of humour  ;)

About Edge Of Darkness,so it seems that the original (this time a TV-series) is once again better than a remake  ??? I think I´ll go to see it anyway as it`s been awhile since I saw Mel Gibson on a big screen.Btw did they used in the film anything from the series`s original score by Michael Kamen and Eric Clapton??I loved it.

Invictus opens in Finland tomorrow so I probably see it on saturday  8)
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2010, 03:52:19 PM »

I went to see Edge Of Darkness with my father last night. I agree with Conan about the characters. I really liked the movie though. There was much suspense and Mel Gibson was back in vintage Mel mode.  O0 This is one to see at the theater.
6.5 out of 10

Music speaks louder then words. It's the only thing that the whole world listens to. (Peter, Paul & Mary)
Conan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

JP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2010, 06:52:45 PM »

Well I only just saw it and was quite well aware that it`s just a joke trailer...

About Edge Of Darkness,so it seems that the original (this time a TV-series) is once again better than a remake??? I think I´ll go to see it anyway as it`s been awhile since I saw Mel Gibson on a big screen.Btw did they used in the film anything from the series`s original score by Michael Kamen and Eric Clapton??I loved it.

I figured you knew it was a joke.  You should see The Onion flick, that Seagal character is better in the context of the movie.  He actually shows up at the end to "save the day" as the C-Puncher.

The music was fine in "Edge of Darkness", though I don't think the Clapton/Kamen score from the TV show was used.

Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2010, 06:19:00 PM »

I'm looking forward to the Coen brothers' next film, True Grit, starring Jeff Bridges, Matt Damon, and Josh Brolin. LINK

The novel is really good... would love to see a movie that hits its tone a little better than the 1969 film version did.
dane with no name
Member Extraordinaire

I dont think it's nice you're laughing...

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2010, 08:07:46 AM »

Didn't know that True grit was based on a novel, but i consider the 1969 Wayne movie the second greatest John Wayne movie of all time (next to The searchers) When the Coen brothers delivers the goods, they REALLY deliver, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed and my hopes high on this one  ;)

I've been missing out in the cinema lately (last one was The imaginarium of Doctor Parnassusa about a month ago), so i got quite a list to go through; The road, The wolfman, Edge of darkness, and Shutter Island with Book of Eli and Invictus looming in the horizon.
So where do you think I should start?
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2010, 01:34:16 AM »

Did anyone here see Avatar...?

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2010, 02:19:33 AM »

I think everyone in the world saw it ... except me. ;)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2010, 02:42:30 AM »

I haven't either. :o

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Sylvie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2010, 04:28:21 AM »

Did anyone here see Avatar...?

I saw it 3 days ago, with one of my daughter (3D version) and I must admit that I found it good, despite of the stupid presentation of the Army, a real caricature.
The Avatars are very well made, and I was pleased to see Sigourney Weaver in it. 
But that won't be one of my "top ten list" films ...

"If she looks back, that means she's interested . Come on now, give me a little look. One little glance back..."

2007 Movie journal
Aline

Email
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2010, 06:17:17 AM »

Don't say that, KC :) Avatar is showing up in cinemas here for months and I never had any desire to watch it. It just doesn't appeal to me...
And no sight of Invictus yet :-\
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2010, 08:58:28 AM »

I havn't seen Avatar..and I don't wanna see it... But something tells me I should   :-\ :-\

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2010, 09:22:33 AM »

I havn't seen Avatar..and I don't wanna see it... But something tells me I should   :-\ :-\

Keep away.It`s well made but still sh*t  ;)
dane with no name
Member Extraordinaire

I dont think it's nice you're laughing...

View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2010, 02:32:14 PM »

Have just returned from seeing Shutter Island.
While the movie felt a bit locked down by its own plot twists in the end, it was still a solid performance by DeCaprio, and a good story told in the usual stylished Scorsese way. I'll give it a solid 4/6 bordering a 5/6.
Sylvie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2010, 02:04:40 AM »

"Shutter Island", yesterday evening

I liked it very much  ! It is a very good film, and just like Dane said it in the previous post "solid performance" for Leonardo di Caprio, who has got a very powerful and difficlult part to play. I will give 9/10 !
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 04:10:04 AM by Sylvie » Logged

"If she looks back, that means she's interested . Come on now, give me a little look. One little glance back..."

2007 Movie journal
Sylvie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2010, 04:34:37 AM »

:) Did someone already see "Crazy Heart" with Jeff Bridges ?

The trailer is very good, and it will be on French sceens on Wednesday the 3rd. I like this actor very much, and I'm pleased his own "cinema actu " is very important  this year  ;)

2007 Movie journal
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2010, 07:43:11 PM »

"Shutter Island", yesterday evening

I liked it very much  ! It is a very good film, and just like Dane said it in the previous post "solid performance" for Leonardo di Caprio, who has got a very powerful and difficlult part to play. I will give 9/10 !

DiCaprio performance was probably the only thing I enjoyed. Very disappointed with this film. I didn't have any great expectations. As I said in the Scorsese thread, the trailer looked interesting but the film bored me. When I start looking at my watch before the hour mark, I know somethings wrong.

2/5.

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2010, 07:54:21 PM »

It probably gains something in translation, SK. ;)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2010, 08:02:34 PM »

Have you seen it KC?

After seeing your post in the Scorsese thread again, I'm thinking no?

I've seen the trailer several times. (It showed with Invictus, for one.) And I thought it looked unbelievably dreadful. I kept stifling comments like "Acting! This movie is gonna have acting!"

But I could be wrong ... you should never judge a movie by its trailer.

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2010, 08:09:07 PM »

Actually the best thing about the film today was probably the trailers for upcoming pics.

There's a sequel to Wall Street directed by Oliver Stone and starring Michael Douglas. The trailer shows Gordon Gekko getting out of prison and his getting his personal belongings back and they hand him a mobile phone. One of those 1980's bricks. ;D I think I even saw Eli Wallach's name in the credits that they flash up on screen at 100 miles an hour.

And a new Matt Damon film about Iraq. That looks like a good actioner.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T