News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BASEBALL 2010  (Read 15438 times)
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2010, 09:39:40 PM »

Go Texas Rangers! O0

In the ALDS, by all means! :)

The Yankees lost and the Rays won. Yankees get the Wild Card, and will play the Twins in Minnesota, starting Wednesday. The Rays' first playoff opponent will be Richard Earl's Rangers. Go Rangers! :)
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2010, 05:14:55 AM »

I don't want to start a thread for this so I will add it here.   

It is possible that Liverpool Football Club will be bought by The Boston Red Sox.

However there is a lot of controversy over the sale.  See the like below.   I think it would be a good thing but who am I to give an opinion?

Link        http://www.marketwatch.com/story/boston-red-sox-owners-to-buy-liverpool-fc-2010-10-06

Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2010, 09:19:47 PM »

In the ALDS, by all means! :)

The Yankees lost and the Rays won. Yankees get the Wild Card, and will play the Twins in Minnesota, starting Wednesday. The Rays' first playoff opponent will be Richard Earl's Rangers. Go Rangers! :)

Thnakd KC! It was a great game to watch today. The Rangers played well! It is only the 2nd playoff game that they have ever won.

Music speaks louder then words. It's the only thing that the whole world listens to. (Peter, Paul & Mary)
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2010, 09:56:52 PM »

Thnakd KC! It was a great game to watch today. The Rangers played well! It is only the 2nd playoff game that they have ever won.

The Yankees want to sign Cliff Lee for next year, you know ... ;)

Meanwhile, the Yankees won their first postseason matchup as well, but all the space in tomorrow's papers will probably go to Roy Halladay of the Phillies, who pitched only the second no-hitter in postseason history ... the first since 1956! :o

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20101006&content_id=15455266&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

And I'm sorry to say the team he beat was ... D'Amb's Reds!  :'(
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 09:58:49 PM by KC » Logged
Alcatraz
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2010, 10:15:23 PM »

Yankees win Game 2. Wooo!

"Reality continues to ruin my life" - Calvin
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2010, 10:55:30 PM »

I feel bad for D'Amb. The Reds are now down 0-2 in the best of five series!

But I'm happy for Richard Earl ... his Rangers are leading their series 2-0!
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2010, 08:58:21 PM »

And the Yankees have swept the Twins and become the first team to clinch a spot in a Championship Series!  :D

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2010, 08:13:53 PM »

Congrats to Richard Earl's Texas Rangers, who have just won their first postseason series in franchise history. It took five games, and the visiting team won every game; I'm told it's the first time that ever happened.

They will be the Yankees' opponent in the ALCS, which starts on Friday. So, sorry, Richard ... from here on, I root against the Rangers!

Belated condolences to D'Amb, whose Reds were sent packing by the Phillies last weekend in a sweep. The World Series will be between two of these four teams: The New York Yankees, the Texas Rangers, the Philadelphia Phillies and the San Francisco Giants.
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2010, 08:23:37 PM »

I am in shock and am so happy right now! Way to go Texas Rangers! Bring on The Yankees! We are ready! Are you ready KC?  ;)

Music speaks louder then words. It's the only thing that the whole world listens to. (Peter, Paul & Mary)
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2010, 08:31:27 PM »

Congrats to Richard Earl's Texas Rangers, who have just won their first postseason series in franchise history. It took five games, and the visiting team won every game; I'm told it's the first time that ever happened.

They will be the Yankees' opponent in the ALCS, which starts on Friday. So, sorry, Richard ... from here on, I root against the Rangers!

Thanks KC! This should be fun!

Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2010, 08:25:57 PM »

First of all I will not talk trash about The Yankees since there are passionate Yankee fans here.
I am so proud of The Texas Rangers. I thought this day would never come. The Rangers have been an okay team for so long. I am so damn excited! The Texas Rangers are going to The World Series!  :)

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2010, 08:37:07 PM »

Congratulations, Richard.  :'(  :'(  :'(

If your team faces the Phillies, I'll be rooting on your side, but if it's the Giants, I'm for them.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2010, 08:57:14 PM »

The Giants win the pennant!!! The Giants win the pennant!!! The Giants win the pennant!!!

(To quote a famous line in sports broadcasting history.)

Congratulations to the San Francisco Giants! (Which, I would presume, is the team Clint Eastwood roots for.) They have defeated the Philadelphia Phillies (winners of the league championship the last two years) in the National League Championship Series, four games to two, and they are the new champions of the senior circuit. Starting next Wednesday, they will meet the Texas Rangers in the World Series.

So both League Champions from last year (the Yankees and the Phillies) were dethroned in the LCS, and by a team that wasn't even in the playoffs last year.

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2010, 01:05:57 AM »

The Giants win the pennant!!! The Giants win the pennant!!! The Giants win the pennant!!!

(To quote a famous line in sports broadcasting history.)

I remember that from an episode of M*A*S*H! So that was actually real?

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Doug
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

"May I make a suggestion..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2010, 04:55:19 AM »

I remember that from an episode of M*A*S*H! So that was actually real?

Of course.  shot heard 'round the world

"Yes, well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of a park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's my policy."  Frank Drebin, Police Squad.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2010, 07:50:04 PM »

Congratulations ... again ... to the San Francisco Giants! They have defeated the Texas Rangers to claim victory in the 2010 World Series, four games to one.

In the clincher, Tim Lincecum flat out-pitched the much-vaunted Cliff Lee (who may well be a Yankee next year).

I assume Clint Eastwood is happy over this development!  ;)

My condolences to Richard Earl, and to all who root for the Rangers, but the Giants simply outplayed them in this series, as much as the Rangers outplayed the Yankees in the ALCS!
Southern cat
Member Extraordinaire

The Man

View Profile Email
« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2010, 08:03:02 PM »

I remember that from an episode of M*A*S*H!

"A War for All Seasons" A great episode. ;)
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2010, 02:32:27 PM »

I am just happy that The Texas Rangers went as far as they did this year. I am a proud fan!

higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2010, 07:54:10 PM »

Great, Ichiro !!   O0

" Ichiro wins 10th straight Gold Glove "   Jeter takes fifth, Teixeira fourth; Crawford, Gutierrez win first

By Bailey Stephens / MLB.com

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20101109&content_id=16041500&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

The winners of the first round of major hardware for the 2010 season, the Rawlings American League Gold Glove Awards, were revealed on Tuesday, highlighted by the 10th consecutive fielding award for Mariners right fielder Ichiro Suzuki.

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2010, 07:06:28 PM »

A A.....

http://news.www.infoseek.co.jp/img/photos/fuji/zak20101216014view-small.jpg

This commercial photo was taken really accidental.  8)
 Matsui does not still have himself to think that he transferred to Athletic's at that moment !    :o

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T