News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Night Owl Cafe...  (Read 64404 times)
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2010, 05:11:56 PM »

Well I went to bed at 10.15pm.  Now it is 12.55am amd I still can't sleep.  It has been so hot today and still is.  So here I am hoping to get sleepy reading lots of old threads and wondering if anyone else is in the Night Owl Cafe.     :(

Well, I'm here, but of course it's only a little after 8:00 PM where I am ... sort of Late Evening Pigeon Cafe. The pigeon being the #1 bird in New York City.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2010, 07:14:26 PM »

Well I went to bed at 10.15pm.  Now it is 12.55am amd I still can't sleep.  It has been so hot today and still is.  So here I am hoping to get sleepy reading lots of old threads and wondering if anyone else is in the Night Owl Cafe.     :(
Sounds a little like me last night--I went to bed a little after 11:00 and woke up around 2:30 and was awake for a while. It is tough to sleep when it's humid!
LCat
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2010, 12:12:52 AM »

I'm up tonight because I have an air conditioner, but no air conditioning--It's a long story. This room here is the only one that is cool...I wish I could sleep in this armless swivel chair, but that's impossible. >:(

Goals are Great!
Alcatraz
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2010, 12:25:56 AM »

Huh, I never noticed this thread before. It's 3 in the morning, and I'm listening to AC/DC. Not sleepy at all.

"Reality continues to ruin my life" - Calvin
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2010, 08:21:12 PM »

Hello Night Owl Cafe!

Music speaks louder then words. It's the only thing that the whole world listens to. (Peter, Paul & Mary)
LCat
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2010, 09:59:28 AM »

It's raining, it's pouring; perhaps the temps will be falling (since I can't go to the beach...)

Goals are Great!
TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2010, 10:07:58 AM »

It's raining, it's pouring; perhaps the temps will be falling (since I can't go to the beach...)

LCat, Is the old man is snoring  ;D ;D

since It's raining, it's pouring ;D ;D

Sorry you can't get to the beach today :(
LCat
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2010, 08:05:29 PM »

My father's double first cousin died yesterday. She had 2 hematomas on the brain, pneumonia, and leukemia. She was in her 80's. Her husband is in shock--They'd been together forever.

I sure hope she's at rest now.

LCat

Goals are Great!
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2010, 08:10:32 PM »

My condolences, LCat.
LCat
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2010, 08:39:35 PM »

Thanks, KC.

It's sad to see the "old guard" retreating.

LCat

Goals are Great!
LCat
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2010, 08:43:00 PM »

I wish I had a large plate of spaghetti and meat sauce. I am so hungry! :'(

Goals are Great!
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2010, 08:50:36 PM »

I'm a little hungry but it's getting near midnight here, and spaghetti doesn't really sound like a midnight treat to me! :D
TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2010, 11:16:59 AM »

My father's double first cousin died yesterday. She had 2 hematomas on the brain, pneumonia, and leukemia. She was in her 80's. Her husband is in shock--They'd been together forever.

I sure hope she's at rest now.

LCat, I'm sorry for your loss :(

LCat
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2010, 01:44:07 PM »

Thank you, 2 Mules.

Goals are Great!
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2010, 03:17:53 PM »

That is sad LCat.  I am so sorry.
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2010, 03:23:03 PM »

I have just got home from rehearsals for the play I am involved with.   I am wardrobe mistress and props coordinator.   There is still a lot to do and we open a week tonight for 8 nights.

Can't sleep my head is full of props and what I need to get and clothes that need altering.  :D
TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2010, 04:06:55 PM »

Can't sleep my head is full of props and what I need to get and clothes that need altering.  :D

Lin,  Wow! you are a busy lady. :)

what with all the unpacking, washing and ironing and now things to get and clothes to alter! :D

have you got a part in the Show?  I'm sure you would find time to learn your lines ;D ;D 
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2010, 05:22:28 AM »

have you got a part in the Show?  I'm sure you would find time to learn your lines ;D ;D 

No 2M   I have enough to do with the costumes and the props.  I have done my fair share of amateur dramatics in the past.  I did a lot of revues and a few plays in Australia.   I am happy to take a back seat and work behind the scenes.  I am too old to learn lines these days.   ;D ;D ;D
LCat
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #78 on: July 26, 2010, 03:44:25 PM »

Lin, did you have fun with the revues and plays?

Goals are Great!
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #79 on: July 26, 2010, 04:01:51 PM »

Lin, did you have fun with the revues and plays?

Yes I did LCat.   The revues were hard to do but fun.  I did the costumes for them as well but there were a few of us so it was easy.  This time I am mostly on my own except for the acutal performances.  I couldn't change scenes by myself and/or help people get ready so there are always three of us behind the scenes.

I just got home from a dress rehearsal and it is midnight.  I need to unwind.  It went quite well but it could be better.  One more rehearsal and then it is opening night on Wednesday for 4 nights, then again from the following Wednesday for 4 more nights.   It is a very funny play and we are hoping for a lot of laughs.

Guess I had better get to bed, on top of all the things I need to do for the play I have to work tomorrow afternoon and then go straight to the theatre.  One busy day!! :D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T