News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: It's been a while...  (Read 1442 times)
bigdai

"Keep it secret, keep it safe."

View Profile Email
« on: August 07, 2010, 11:40:36 AM »

Wow, i can't believe its been 7 years since I last posted on here! Its going to take a while to catch up with the news and see whats going on. I was wondering who from them ol' days is still on here and who is left from the old site (RIP). Over the past 84ish months i've got a new career, new wife and new child so its all been going on. I've still been watching Eastwood films so its not been a complete abandonment. To save me some time I was wondering if we can have a list of the top stories from the past 7 years. Perhaps people can submit their top five threads for me to look through.

berst wishes to all and hope to be joining in forums again from now on.

I've finally got a new job! Hoorah!!!
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 12:54:38 PM »

Welcome back! It's great to hear from you again. Congrats on the new wife and child.  8)

Top stories? That would be hard to say ... if you've been keeping up with Clint's newer movies, you might want to check out some discussions we've had about them, in the Eastwood News forum. Here's a few:

Who saw INVICTUS? Members' comments

Who saw GRAN TORINO? Members' Comments (NO SPOILERS, PLEASE)

Who saw GRAN TORINO? Members' Comments (WARNING: SPOILERS ALLOWED!)

Who saw CHANGELING? Members' Comments (NO SPOILERS, PLEASE)

Who saw CHANGELING? Members' Comments (WARNING: SPOILERS ALLOWED!)

Who saw FLAGS OF OUR FATHERS? (WARNING: SPOILERS ALLOWED!)

MILLION DOLLAR BABY comments (WARNING: SPOILERS ALLOWED)

There are several more like that out there, but that will give you an idea.

Again, it's great to have you back on board! :)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 03:07:45 PM »

Welcome Back Bigdai,

I wasn't here seven years ago, but I've seen a few of your posts from time to time when I've been going through some older threads.

Some of my favorite threads on the board and some of these may have started before you left.

Your Favorite Decade Of Eastwood Films

Bridges Of Madison County...A Question

Magnum Force: Opening Scene

Joe, Manco & Blondie

Unforgiven (Doug's Thread)

You Better Bury Ned Right

And of course in the Off Topic Forum, The Endless Pointless Thread is still going strong and we have several appreciation threads for actors and Musicians that you may like.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
bigdai

"Keep it secret, keep it safe."

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 01:06:12 AM »

Thanks folks. I'll check out those threads.

The only film i've not seen is the Changeling which is mainly due to the terrible trailer with Angelina Jolie constantly over-acting and screaming for her baby - however, I need to get over that. I wasn't impressed by Invictus. The dialogue was really clunky as they had to describe the rules of rugby for the American audience and the rugby scenes were awful - but then I am a welshman. If anyone wants to see a really good film about rugby let me know and I will try and think of the title of one I know. It is the story of a Wales v New Zealand match which is replayed after about 25years due to a dodgy result. I think it was a BBC production.

I've finally got a new job! Hoorah!!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T