News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trouble With the Curve: Production information and news  (Read 167727 times)
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #160 on: February 15, 2012, 04:52:00 PM »

" Clint Eastwood to Film Baseball Scene in Macon "

Written by Stephanie Susskind

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=167605

Clint Eastwood is coming to Macon early next month to film a scene for a baseball-themed movie at Luther Williams Field, according to a member of the film's production team.

And the producers are holding tryouts at the ballpark this Saturday for ballplayers to appear in the movie.

The movie is called "Trouble with the Curve." It also stars Justin Timberlake, Amy Adams and John Goodman.

The film's sport coordinator Aimee McDaniel says they plan to film at Luther Williams Field on Thursday, March 8. She says Clint Eastwood will be part of that filming.

She says they're looking for people to play minor league baseball players and will hold tryouts at Luther Williams this Saturday from 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. They're also looking for coaches and umpires.

According to the Middle Georgia Baseball League website, producers are looking for male baseball players ages 18 to 30 years old. They need about 20 ballplayers, including four pitchers, two catchers and 14 position players.

The Middle Georgia Baseball League's website said those who qualify need to register online. They'll be contacted by Sports Studio, a firm that specializes in staging athletic scenes for film, TV and commercial productions.

The website said the audition will include basic baseball drills and that those who are auditioning should wear athletic gear.

McDaniel says Eastwood is the only star of the film expected to be in Macon on March 8.

Imdb, the Internet Movie Database, describes the plot: "An ailing baseball scout in his twilight years takes his daughter along for one last recruiting trip."

The film is the directing debut for Eastwood's producing partner, Robert Lorenz.

Film industry newspapers say the movie is scheduled to open in theaters on September 28 -- at the end of the Major League Baseball season.

The Associated Press reported that residents and business owners in Dawsonville, in northeast Georgia, are also preparing to host filming for the movie, which is scheduled for 10 days in mid-March.

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #161 on: February 15, 2012, 05:15:48 PM »

" Eastwood Movie Life Changing for Dawsonville Man "

Written by Jaye Watson

http://www.11alive.com/rss/article/227919/3/Eastwood-Movie-Life-Changing-for-Dawsonville-Man

DAWSONVILLE-"This room we are renting for one to four people."

Pravin Patel is giving us a tour. For 45 years Pravin Patel has worked. And for the last 20 years he has owned and run and lived at the Amicolola Lodge in Dawsonville.

"I would like to get retired."

Motel business hasn't been so good, and the lodge has been for sale for a few years. Not anymore.

"I'm so happy."

That's because Clint Eastwood will shoot a portion of his next movie at Patel's motel, and to get it ready for the march shoot, crews are building Patel a new canopy outside the office and a new side patio, for free. Plus, they're paying to rent the entire place for weeks.

Patel says, "I'm so excited about that."

Patel loves Clint Eastwood. "Clint is really the very best movie star especially in action movies like western movies and all. I watch all the time his western movies."

He hopes to meet him and get his picture taken and tell him his favorite movie, Dirty Harry.

The inside of Patel's motel will be immortalized and it's so exciting for Patel, who has worked hard to put his only child through medical school.

His son has one year to go..and now paying those bills could get easier. He plans to up the nightly rate from 45 to 95 dollars after the movie.

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #162 on: February 20, 2012, 09:31:37 PM »

" Hopefuls line up for extra tryouts at Luther Williams Field for Eastwood film "

By BECKY PURSER -

http://www.macon.com/2012/02/19/1910979/folks-line-up-for-extra-tryouts.html

Brad Lord, the head football coach at Howard Middle School, took it in stride when he didn’t land one of the extra parts for a baseball drama starring Clint Eastwood.

“I got cut on the first station -- throwing,” the 29-year-old Lord said with a laugh.

Lord was among nearly 300 people who lined up for tryouts Saturday morning at historic Luther Williams Field in Macon. City officials have confirmed that Eastwood’s production company is in the process of finalizing a deal to shoot some scenes for the movie at the baseball stadium built in 1929.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 09:48:33 PM by KC » Logged

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #163 on: February 20, 2012, 09:49:48 PM »

^I edited the above post to add a few words to the quote. Originally, the first few words of the first sentence were missing.
fuel

Beer....and a bottle.

View Profile Email
« Reply #164 on: February 22, 2012, 10:38:29 AM »

Written by Jaye Watson

http://www.11alive.com/rss/article/227919/3/Eastwood-Movie-Life-Changing-for-Dawsonville-Man

That's a nice background story. Hopefully the owner can get a couple pics of himself with Eastwood to hang in the lobby. It should definitely be a boost for the motel. Clint is good for business.  8)

"Well do ya, punk?!!"
palooka
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #165 on: February 23, 2012, 12:57:21 AM »

Written by Jaye Watson

I doubt the production will be happy about this being publcized before filming begins. Locations like this are usually sworn to secrecy.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 12:58:25 AM by palooka » Logged

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Dan Dassow
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #166 on: February 27, 2012, 03:39:44 PM »

I doubt the production will be happy about this being publcized before filming begins. Locations like this are usually sworn to secrecy.

Palooka,

When you get a part in "Trouble with the Curve" and when you are allowed to mention this, please tell us as soon as practical.
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #167 on: February 27, 2012, 08:22:56 PM »

" Clint Eastwood’s Return to Acting Will Feature a Guy from Piranha 3-DD "

By Zach Dionne

http://www.vulture.com/2012/02/clint-eastwood-return-to-acting-guy-from-piranha-3dd.html

Clint Eastwood just got another co-star for Trouble With the Curve — his first onscreen role since 2008's Gran Torino — in Matt Bush, a dude from Piranha 3-DD and Rob Zombie's Halloween II. Welcome to a more prestigious career, Mr. Bush!

I think that someone here knows Matt Bush who was in " Piranha 3-DD " very much!!  ;)

palooka
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #168 on: February 28, 2012, 12:44:55 AM »

Palooka,

When you get a part in "Trouble with the Curve" and when you are allowed to mention this, please tell us as soon as practical.

I'm trying.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Dan Dassow
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #169 on: March 04, 2012, 03:17:36 AM »

WMAZ Channel 13 Macon, Georgia (link)
Eastwood to Shoot Scene at Macon's Cheers
6:55 PM, Mar 3, 2012
Written by Suzanne Lawler

Clint Eastwood is scheduled to make a stop at Macon's Cheers restaurant next Thursday to shoot a scene in the movie "Trouble with the Curve."

Owner Jimmy Pierson says producers came into the place last month and raved about the southern atmosphere.  Pierson says the producers promised to call him back but when he didn't hear from them he figured the project hit the back burner.

Then he did receive that Hollywood call and he says a slew of film folks invaded his restaurant checking for lighting and laying out possible camera shots. ...
Note: the article includes a short video.
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #170 on: March 05, 2012, 07:20:56 PM »

^^  " Macon bar to be site of Eastwood movie scene "

By LINDA S. MORRIS

Clint Eastwood is about to make a Macon bar owner’s day.

http://www.macon.com/2012/03/03/1929361/macon-bar-to-be-site-of-eastwood.html#

If anyone challenged Pierson to ask himself “Do I feel lucky?” they would get a resounding “Yes.”

“This is like saying one of my heroes is coming in my bar,” he said.

“I just hoped they felt comfortable with it and I hoped it helped my business,” he said. “Well, just think about it. If this turns out good and positive and doesn’t end up on the cutting room floor, it would be great for my business. I’m not greedy.”

Although it’s a long shot, Pierson said he would love for Eastwood to “do me about a 15-second spot, and this sounds corny, but say ‘when I’m in Macon, I eat at Cheers’ or something like that.”

He said the movie should not only be good for his bar but also for Macon.

“I hope it’s as big as or bigger than ‘Fried Green Tomatoes’ (was for Juliette), because that was big for them” he said.

Pierson said he has been a fan since Eastwood played Rowdy Yates in “Rawhide,” a TV series that ran from 1959-66. He couldn’t choose one favorite Eastwood movie, but said some of his favorites were “Dirty Harry,” “Gran Torino,” “High Plains Drifter” and “A Fistful of Dollars.”

The excitement about the famous actor and director coming to his bar has filtered into Pierson’s dreams.

“I dreamed the other night that I told Clint ‘I’ll be back’ and he said ‘stupid, that’s Arnold (Schwarzenegger),’ ” Pierson said, laughing.

Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #171 on: March 08, 2012, 12:26:15 AM »

I know Clint is only acting in this movie and is not directing it.  But how much you want to bet that he will end up doing some of the directing or atleast giving some input in the directing of this movie.  It just seems like directing is too much in his blood for him not to give some input in it.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #172 on: March 08, 2012, 07:41:22 AM »

I'm sure his long-time associate Robert Lorenz, who is directing, won't do anything Clint wouldn't do.
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #173 on: March 08, 2012, 08:08:29 PM »

Tom Dreesen, revealed he was off to shoot a scene in pal Clint Eastwood’s new film.....

By bill zwecker

http://www.suntimes.com/11106042-417/the-stars-party-in-california-to-celebrate-their-chicago-roots.html

The party’s emcee, Tom Dreesen, revealed he was off to shoot a scene in pal Clint Eastwood’s new film, “The Trouble with the Curve,” about an aging baseball scout losing his eyesight to macular degeneration. “Even if I end up on the cutting room floor, I can say I made a movie with Clint Eastwood,” Dreesen quipped. … Joel Murray laughed about “being in this year’s best picture, ‘The Artist.’ I never thought Joel Murray and Oscar would be mentioned in the same sentence.” … Buffalo Grove native Ali Cobrin and ex-Chicagoan Chuck Hittinger not only met on the set of the upcoming “American Pie” sequel “American Reunion” — they’re now a couple and looked very cozy at the party. … Evanston native Pat Finn , who is pretty trim, joked about playing Santa Claus (to Cheryl Ladd’s Mrs. Claus) in “Santa Pups,” an upcoming Disney holiday movie. “I knew I was a bit out of shape, but Santa?! Fortunately, they really had to use a lot of padding.”

higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #174 on: March 08, 2012, 08:12:23 PM »

" Trouble with the Curve: The Economic Impact "

By Amber Jones

http://www.newscentralga.com/news/local/Touble-with-the-Curve-The-Economic-Impact-141820553.html

Kris Hattaway, Director of Place for Newtown Macon, told NewsCentral, "We are thrilled that such a high profile movie is being filmed here in Macon. Not only is it an economic impact while they are here, but it has a long term effect on us. People will want to come back and see where it was filmed and eat at the restaurant that it was filmed in and see the ball field.

Hattaway says it's they are all about economic development and thanks the film commission in their efforts to bring the film here, "I know that the Macon Film Commission and the Macon Film Festival along with the Macon Shorts Competition, has really raised the awareness on Macon as a location for filming."

Some of the motion picture will be filmed at local restaurant, Cheers, and Luther Williams Field. Leadership at the Macon Bibb Chamber of Commerce looks forward to the impact that it will have.

higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #175 on: March 08, 2012, 08:27:19 PM »

" Clint Eastwood Leaves Cheers After Filming "

Written by Bernard O'Donnell

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=171756

Movie icon Clint Eastwood left a north Macon tavern after filming a scene for the film "Trouble With The Curve."

Eastwood spent just over two hours inside the Cheers on Northside Drive.

When he left after 4 p.m., fan John Gerard stopped the Hollywood legend and asked to have his picture taken with him. Eastwood said yes, posed for the picture and told Gerard he was glad to meet him.

Gerard said he'd been waiting outside Cheers since about 6 a.m.  Dozens of people waited outside the bar for a glimpse of Eastwood.

Clad in a brown cap and plaid shirt, Eastwood arrived in a silver Suburban around 2:10 p.m.

We're told that Eastwood flew from Atlanta to Macon today by helicopter. He landed at Central City Park and then got into the SUV for the drive to Cheers.

Photo taken by Paula Lumbreras

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=171541
http://www.13wmaz.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=171329
http://www.13wmaz.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=171581
http://www.13wmaz.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=171791

http://www.macon.com/2012/03/08/1936639/macon-his-day.html

fuel

Beer....and a bottle.

View Profile Email
« Reply #176 on: March 09, 2012, 12:22:49 PM »

Nice pics. The man with no name has come a long way. A confused B movie actor who stumbled on the set.
Accepting two Oscars later in his career.

"Well do ya, punk?!!"
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #177 on: March 09, 2012, 08:46:31 PM »

I don't think Clint was ever "confused," nor did he ever stumble on the set.

And he's accepted four Oscars so far ... two for directing, and two for producing the year's Best Picture. Just none for acting. So far.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #178 on: March 09, 2012, 09:07:41 PM »

And he's accepted four Oscars so far ... two for directing, and two for producing the year's Best Picture. Just none for acting. So far.

And a Irving Thalberg Honorary Oscar. Always a trick trivia question when you get asked how many Oscars has Clint won. :)

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #179 on: March 09, 2012, 10:25:06 PM »

Arrgh, I always forget that one. Though, it's not "really" an Oscar.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/actor-clint-eastwood-holds-the-irving-g-thalberg-memorial-news-photo/51970948

... it doesn't even look like one!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 07:47:40 PM by KC » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T