News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trouble With the Curve: Production information and news  (Read 147922 times)
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #480 on: November 10, 2012, 01:31:27 AM »

Does anyone know what the UK release date is...?

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« Reply #481 on: November 10, 2012, 02:21:43 AM »

Does anyone know what the UK release date is...?

30 November according to IMDB

Unfortunately I haven't got an answer for the Greek release date and I'm a little bit worried....

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
davytriumph
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #482 on: November 10, 2012, 03:23:06 AM »

30 November according to IMDB

And still no sign of a quad or one sheet  >:(

"Theres three dollars, including the tip"
palooka
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #483 on: November 12, 2012, 12:54:31 AM »

Blu-ray and DVD announced for December 18th.

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/7974/trouble_curve.html

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #484 on: November 18, 2012, 08:38:13 PM »

Just caught the tailend of the trailer for the first time on TV down here. December 6 is only 3 weeks away. 8)

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Walt
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #485 on: November 19, 2012, 02:44:24 AM »

With a UK release date of 30th Nov and a  BluRay release on 18th Dec it looks like a limited release on this side of the pond.

I can't say I'm surprised if that's the case. Baseball is largely ignored in the UK, being a game almost identical to a kids game called rounders. Having said that I would have thought the Eastwood name alongside the younger stars Adams & Timberlake might have commanded a bigger chunk of cinema screen time.
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #486 on: November 19, 2012, 12:44:40 PM »

I knew today something really terrible about "Trouble with the Curve" that I waited patiently for 21 Novemble, first day in France!! But it's unbelievable and unbearable that "Trouble with the Curve" is going to be screened in theaters only just three of the suburbs of Paris!! :o :o :o  >:D
Why this movie would not be screened in Paris on 21 Novemble!?  ???  To make matters worse, there are no plans for now screened in Paris!!!!!!  :o :o >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:D
I understand that french people do not know about baseball, french people are not interested in it but I can hardly believe that PARIS boycotting "Trouble with the Curve" starring Clint! !  >:( >:(
What's going on on earth! ?   U.S. presidential election has influenced that something?  ???  Oh, Nooooooooooo!!!   >:(     Do you realize that!!?    ???

I am very shocked, I'm disappointed too much, too sad and.....I'm sick ...... I hate here!!   :o >:( :( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #487 on: November 19, 2012, 09:41:12 PM »

I'm very sorry to hear that! Will you journey to the suburbs to see it?
palooka
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #488 on: November 20, 2012, 01:23:24 AM »

With a UK release date of 30th Nov and a  BluRay release on 18th Dec it looks like a limited release on this side of the pond.

No UK DVD/Bluray release date yet though. Not that really matters these days.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Walt
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #489 on: November 20, 2012, 05:26:48 AM »

No UK DVD/Bluray release date yet though. Not that really matters these days.

Exactly
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #490 on: November 21, 2012, 01:36:43 AM »

I'm very sorry to hear that! Will you journey to the suburbs to see it?

KC, thank you!   The show places in O.V. in a theater of suburban  is a few and I want to avoid going to suburbs of Paris.

In fact, I was very unhappy and it seems that I saw a nightmare!  Then I asked my late mother who knew Clint in "Rawhide", " Do something for me, please!" ..... and the miracle happened!  8)
I can not give up that I go to see "Trouble with the Curve" yet yesterday morning, I watched the movie plan and I have found that something has changed in the schedule..... that "Trouble with the Curve" will be screened in three MK2 movie theater chain of Paris in O.V.....but only for one week! !  One of that MK2 is a 10 minute walk from where I live!  What luck!  
I am very happy to be able to go to see this movie later today!!  :)

However, I still think that is dishonored to Mr. Clint Eastwood that "Trouble with the Cueve" starring Clint is not shown as usual at Gaumont Normandy Theater at GorgeV, Champs-Élysées (where I met Clint for the first time!) !!
I feel very sad this raw deal for " Trouble with the Curve " and Mr.Clint Eastwood, the movie icon who has many achievements in the world!!

« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 12:54:06 AM by higashimori » Logged

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
Sylvie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #491 on: November 21, 2012, 02:00:44 AM »

I have just found the list of the last Eastwood movie and the places where it will be shown in Paris : among several places in Paris, two movie theatres (Georges V and Ambassade) on the Champs-Elysées, Mr Eastwood won't be "dishonoured"  ;D.

Here in the middle of France, in Clermont Ferrand where I live, the movie will start at 11 am in several theatres, today ... a great meeting, just like everytime :)

http://www.cityvox.fr/film_paris/une-nouvelle-chance_385829/ProgrammationEvenement (Paris movie Theatre list)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 05:34:41 AM by Sylvie » Logged

"If she looks back, that means she's interested . Come on now, give me a little look. One little glance back..."

2007 Movie journal
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #492 on: November 22, 2012, 12:57:25 AM »

^ I received a new email from ALLO CINE, so I knew that! Seems to have decided the screening of this movie for most of the UGC cinema group followed by MK2, at the last minute!
But still  there are no plans for screenings at Gaumont Normandy at George V!!  Anyway it was too late for me. I can not easily change my plans for the day or rendezvous decided once........And thanks to that I'm happy to be able to find a movie theater near my home!

« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 09:39:54 PM by higashimori » Logged

higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #493 on: December 11, 2012, 09:32:54 PM »

Japanese weekend box office of December 8 to December 9, 2012;

In the third week, " Jinseino Tokutouseki ''  (" The Trouble with Curve") is No. 10 and No. 2 after " 007 Skyfall " (which dropped to second place at the second week ) in foreign films were projected first time in Japan!   And it's ranked seventh in the tweets Twitter!   Interesting!!  :)

« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 09:47:44 PM by higashimori » Logged

AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #494 on: December 29, 2012, 04:24:01 PM »

For those that don't know, this film finished its box office run here in the United States. Box office receipts were around $35.8 million. Given that "J.Edgar" made $37 million domestically, which was a movie very few people I knew had any interest in seeing, that is a fairly disastrous box office performance. A movie with Clint Eastwood and Amy Adams shouldn't make less money than a historical biopic. "Gran Torino," Eastwood's last starring vehicle, made $148 million domestically. This movie's performance is quite a step down from that. It looks like doing this film is going to turn out to be a fairly large mistake for Eastwood. I think the film is decent, and better than the reviews it got, but it wasn't worth coming out of acting retirement to do it. By any measure of success, "Trouble with the Curve" has been a failure. It didn't make any money. It didn't get good reviews. It didn't get any Academy Award nominations, and nobody honestly believes it to be on par with "Gran Torino," which was Eastwood's last starring vehicle. I hope Eastwood has greater success with his next project, and that he gives greater thought to the commercial and critical viability of his next film.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 05:07:09 PM by AKA23 » Logged
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #495 on: December 29, 2012, 05:05:11 PM »

I havn't seen Curve yet... but given that just about every review I've read about it praises Eastwoods performance along with the other actors, isn't that reason enough to have done it... In years to come wont people look back on this film and enjoy it along with many other performances Clint has givin in films  that have under performed at the box office... He may also have really enjoyed working on it... which would be reason enough to have taken on the project..
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 05:10:31 PM by Gant » Logged

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Sonny

View Profile Email
« Reply #496 on: December 29, 2012, 06:32:34 PM »

I agree.  Two of my favorite Eastwood movies are Bronco Billy and Honkeytonk Man.  They both under performed at the box office.  But I'm glad he made them.  In the years ahead people make look differently at Trouble with the Curve.  Just because Gran  Torino was a great movie for Eastwood to go out on shouldn't mean that  he can't still act in movies that he enjoys.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #497 on: December 29, 2012, 07:41:06 PM »

I agree.  Two of my favorite Eastwood movies are Bronco Billy and Honkeytonk Man.  They both under performed at the box office.  But I'm glad he made them.  In the years ahead people make look differently at Trouble with the Curve.  Just because Gran  Torino was a great movie for Eastwood to go out on shouldn't mean that  he can't still act in movies that he enjoys.

Like I said, I think that "Trouble with the Curve" was a decent film, but my saying it was a failure is because it really was not a success on any level. It underperformed at the box office. It got poor reviews, and the quality of the movie was not up to the standard of his recent work as a star. You and Gant appear to be focusing on the poor box office receipts, but that was only one part of my critique of the film. I would agree with you that if the film was very strong in other respects, that it could still be considered a success, but "Trouble With the Curve" wasn't very strong critically or from a story-perspective. It was decent, but broke no new ground, was insanely predictable, and did not make effective use of Eastwood and Adams talent. Eastwood chose to come back for a film that had a weak story and script. That was a mistake, in my view. "Gran Torino" was the best possible role for Eastwood to go out on. Even Eastwood's performance in this was one-note, and not as interesting or complex as other performances which he has given in the past. "Honytonk Man" had a strong story, and broke a lot of new ground for Eastwood as an actor. This film did not. I respect if some may feel differently, but in my opinion, this wasn't the right project for Eastwood to make his acting comeback.   
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #498 on: December 29, 2012, 08:12:38 PM »

"Gran Torino" was the best possible role for Eastwood to go out on. 

Does Clint really have to end his acting career with a blockbusting role of a lifetime? I'm not going to quit playing golf if I shoot a sensational round and think, well I'll never match that round again so I'll put the clubs away and never play again. Clint has only acted in three films in the past 8 years. Obviously nothing else has come along that has grabbed his attention or wanted to play.

Clint's had such a long career that when it does end, we'll all be talking about his roles through those years not the very last one.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #499 on: December 29, 2012, 09:51:24 PM »

I agree with SK 100%.

If we're going to continue to discuss this film and its place in Eastwood's career, perhaps one of the "Members' Comments" threads would be a more appropriate place.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T