News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New book : conversations with Clint by Kevin Avery  (Read 3011 times)
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« on: October 24, 2011, 10:04:39 AM »

This one includes Paul Nelson's "lost interviews" with Clint during the period 1979-1983.

Received it yesterday and read it at once.I suggest you buy it as soon as possible.In my humble opinion it's the best book I've read about Clint.
It certainly ain't a biography or a critical approach upon the man and his films but it concludes his vision upon society, filming and other aspects of living {during a certain period of his life of course}.
It also includes unknown (for me ) incidents about the making of some of his earlier filmS.

Once again : BUY IT!!!!!

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 07:12:51 PM »

^It seems to be very interesting... Thanks Antonis!  :)

http://www.kevinavery.com/

"Paul Nelson was the first serious film aficionado who, way back in the early 70s, turned me on to the importance of Clint Eastwood as an actor, filmmaker and American icon. He showed me the S&W Magnum .44 he kept under a pile of sweaters in his closet. ‘Same as Dirty Harry,' he said, explaining that if he was going to write about men with guns he had to know how it felt in his hand. We were both devoted to F. Scott Fitzgerald and hoping that Clint Eastwood would play Gatsby in the upcoming film, which, of course, he didn't.
        "The repartee between these two straight shooters is more revealing of the inner workings of Hollywood and the creative process of Clint Eastwood than anything I've ever read before." —Elliott Murphy, singer-songwrite

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
JSE

Don't just do something, stand there...

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 03:44:54 AM »

I've just got the Conversations With Clint book and I enjoyed reading it.  Clint seemed very patient with Paul Nelson,  being very generous with his time. I can imagine it might have been quite frustrating to Clint that no cover article came out of all the hours chatting to Mr. Nelson!

It's well worth buying as you get to read Clint chatting in a very relaxed way.
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 02:56:20 PM »

Sound like a great book to add to the collection.  :)
Westernfan

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 01:46:43 AM »

I was thinking about getting this book as I've heard that Clint briefly mentions Bruce Springsteen (another guy whose work I love).
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 08:02:51 PM »

Actually Eastwood used to hang out with Warren Zevon when he was dating Kim Lankford @ one time.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 08:05:00 PM by Perry » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T