News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2012 Movie Discussion  (Read 58881 times)
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #200 on: October 10, 2013, 09:49:05 PM »

But it's really not necessary to revive a thread that hadn't been posted in for six months just to "cover your bases." There aren't that many new posts on the forum every day ... anyone who is interested in viewing your posts will find them even if they're only in one thread. And everyone could be spared from clicking on multiple "New posts" only to find nothing but a link to something they've already read.

That's not the point but I won't waste our time elaborating any further.  We'll just have to agree to disagree.  As there are no "double-posting" rules being broken, I see no harm being done.

“Eyuh.”
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #201 on: October 10, 2013, 10:02:29 PM »

I can't see why you go to the trouble of posting in three threads. Everyone will see your review in one thread. The other two posts are irrelevant.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #202 on: October 10, 2013, 10:12:07 PM »

I can't see why you go to the trouble of posting in three threads. Everyone will see your review in one thread. The other two posts are irrelevant.

Your opinion is noted.  So I don't have to be redundant, please see previous posts on the matter to possibly better understand.  If you are still at a loss as to my reasoning, there is nothing I can do about that.  Moving forward, I suggest staying on topic.

“Eyuh.”
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #203 on: October 10, 2013, 10:15:18 PM »

As there are no "double-posting" rules being broken, I see no harm being done.

It actually is de facto double posting (triple posting in this case). That rule was meant to spare Board readers from seeing multiple new posts that turn out to be all the same post, which is exactly the effect of what you are doing.
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #204 on: October 10, 2013, 10:30:03 PM »

It actually is de facto double posting (triple posting in this case). That rule was meant to spare Board readers from seeing multiple new posts that turn out to be all the same post, which is exactly the effect of what you are doing.

So much for staying on topic.  Again, respectfully, I wholeheartedly disagree.  First, I've been posting like this for well over a year and it's just now become an issue?  Second, I go out of my way not only to not use the same image, but also not even to use the same text.  What you may find "irrelevant", others have found useful.

With that being said and returning to topic, That's My Boy was a funny, entertaining Adam Sandler comedy from 2012
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 10:43:15 PM by Jed Cooper » Logged

“Eyuh.”
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« Reply #205 on: October 19, 2013, 10:32:50 PM »

Finally saw it.Serious film but,with no soul.Just like all previous Spielberg films.

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T