News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dimitra Arliss, who played Natalia in "Firefox" has died.  (Read 1501 times)
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: January 28, 2012, 08:19:32 PM »

" 'The Sting' actress Dimitra Arliss dies in LA "

Dimitra Arliss, who played a hired killer alongside Robert Redford and Paul Newman in the caper comedy "The Sting," has died

Associated Press

http://news.yahoo.com/sting-actress-dimitra-arliss-dies-la-202300436.html

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Dimitra Arliss, who played a hired killer alongside Robert Redford and Paul Newman in the caper comedy "The Sting," has died in Los Angeles. She was 79.

Jaime Larkin, a spokesperson for the Motion Picture and Television Fund Hospital, says Arliss died Jan. 26 at the Woodland Hills facility of complications from a stroke.

The Ohio native began her acting career at the Goodman Theatre in Chicago. On Broadway, Arliss starred opposite Stacy Keach in "Indians" and with Kevin Kline and John Malkovich in "Arms and the Man."

After appearing as a "hit lady" in the 1973 hit "The Sting," she was seen in "Xanadu," starring Olivia Newton-John and Gene Kelly, and in Clint Eastwood's "Firefox."

Her numerous television credits include "Dallas," ''Quincy M.E.," and "Rich Man, Poor Man."

Arliss is survived by a sister.

http://goo.gl/uzVvw

R.I.P. Dimitra..... :(

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 02:24:46 PM »

I thought hers and Nigel Hawthornes scenes in Firefox quite moving.
Sad news...

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T