News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Question for the Clint Eastwood collectors  (Read 3894 times)
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: January 31, 2012, 03:04:55 AM »

Do you try and collect any and everything and as much as you can that has to do with Clint Eastwood?  Like do some of you have a dedicated room with nothing but various Clint items in it?  Do you collect like all different items that has to do with Clint, like for example: books, pictures, movies, posters, guns, signs with Clint's name on it, or anything else that has to do with Clint?  Just wanting to know if you collect just a few items that has to do with Clint?  Or if you are a true big time Clint Eastwood collector and are always looking to buy things that has to do with Clint Eastwood to add to your collection?  Like some people collect various things like magnets, watches, coca cola items, stamps, figurines, etc and they try and get as much of what they collect as they can.  And some even have a dedicated room that they keep all of there collections in.   
palooka
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 01:05:47 AM »

I collect original props and costumes that have been used in the movies themselves, it is also what I do for a living. Clint is very much the focus of my collection but this stuff is REALLY hard to find.

I collect anything and everything relating to Invictus, Hereafter and J. Edgar because I had some personal involvement with these titles.

Other items I buy as and when, or if I like them. I generally do by all the books that come out

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 04:38:25 AM »

I buy most books that come out about Clint and have all his movies apart from J. Edgar but will have that as soon as it is released.

I also have a few T-shirts, CD's of the music from Clint's films plus a couple of him singing. I have some posters and a few rare ones that I bought years ago when they were not so sought after. Lots of pictures and lobby cards. I even have a promo bag issued at the release of Pink Cadillac:D

Of course there is also a collection of magazines, loose pictures, De Agostini DVD and magazine collection in my "Clint" cupboard. I only buy things now that I really want.  Time was when I bought just about anything. Can't afford it now.  :(
Sylvie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 05:56:59 AM »

I've got a lot of lobby cards sets (only french ones ) bought on Ebay, but I stopped, the prizes are becoming too high ; several press books too. Scores cd and LP. A lot of magazines (english and french), paper articles, a few posters

- several thick and beautiful books (in english or french language) ;

- a personnal "Invitation à Clint Eastwood", framed on my living room wall (when I saw him in Lyon, France, on the 17th of February, 2007) ; a nice picture of the Man walking, taken by myself on that occasion, framed too, just near the pc where I am writing right now ...

- lots of pictures and cards bought in bookshops, photographers, in black and white or colours ;

- a tee-shirt, a mug

and my favourite thing : a dedicated picture of Him ! ;) ... in our bedroom : that always make the people visiting our house laugh or smile: on a glass table : our Wedding picture, not far from Clint Eastwood's picture, black and white one, framed in deep blue! ;)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 03:24:48 AM by Sylvie » Logged

"If she looks back, that means she's interested . Come on now, give me a little look. One little glance back..."

2007 Movie journal
_Clintan_

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 02:34:33 PM »

Only three replies? Surely there must be more Clint collectors in here?  ;) Wish I had the space to start a Clint collection, but I don't think I ever will. I already collect Charlton Heston, Charles Bronson and Star Trek memorabilia, also other stuff. Maybe if I win a couple of million, I can start getting some Clint items as well.

JSE

Don't just do something, stand there...

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 07:11:32 AM »

I used to collect absolutely everything and had so many items it was a full time job to find places for it all. Nowadays I only collect candid photos / slides, the movies and TV shows and any TV appearances Clint has made and the soundtracks.
Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

There's a darkness inside all of us ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, 08:59:53 AM »

I, for one, own most of his films on DVD (as an actor and a director), I also have photos and posters (I got a portrait of him on the set of Where Eagles Dare framed last week).

I own soundtracks, sets of lobby cards, ads (I framed a 'For your consideration' Pale Rider ad), buttons when he was Mayor of Carmel, books (two Rawhide Annuals, a Japanese picture book, the complete collection of Dirty Harry novels, biographies, various analyses books...)

I even own an original Hog's Breath menu dating back to when the restaurant first opened ::) oh and two tickets to his AFI Life Achievement Award ceremony O0

I'm still looking for that elusive Tightrope t-shirt that I got outbid on several years ago on eBay ;D
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 06:18:25 AM by Americanbeauty » Logged

Make-'em-run-around-the-block-howling-in-agony stunning

"He that hath no beard is less than a man, and he that is less than a man, I am not for him…" 'Much Ado About Nothing' Act 2, Scene I (William Shakespeare)

http://americanbphotography.tumblr.com/
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T