News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eastwood in Super Bowl Commercial  (Read 19058 times)
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: February 03, 2012, 06:36:16 PM »

" Clint Eastwood to star in Chrysler Super Bowl commercial "

Video

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/detroit/clint-eastwood-to-star-in-chrysler-super-bowl-commercial

(WXYZ) - Chrysler's 2011 Super Bowl commercial will be one Detroiters and the auto industry will remember for years and decades to come.
Eminem's famous words, "This is the Motor City, and this is what we do," and Chrysler's tagline "Imported from Detroit," will be phrases that will continue to be repeated over and over.

However, this year Chrysler is heading in a different direction.

The automaker's Super Bowl ad is expected to feature the gritty, tough-talking Clint Eastwood. The legendary actor is expected to give a so-called pep talk to the country.

One thing Chrysler will not be changing is the length of its commercial. The car company still plans to air a two-minute spot with Eastwood during the broadcast of Sunday's big game.

Ads aren't cheap for Super Bowl XLVI. A 30-second spot is expected to cost advertisers $3.5 Million.

But, Chrysler hopes Clint Eastwood can make its day, just like Eminem did last year.

" Chrysler's big Super Bowl ad to feature Clint Eastwood, report says "

http://www.freep.com/article/20120202/BUSINESS0103/120202056/1002/rss02

Ferris Bueller, Darth Vader, body-painted models, dogs, all-star celebrities, hipster vampires and CGI-aliens are just some of the colorful characters scheduled to touch down during the Super Bowl telecast Sunday.

But the biggest star could be actor and director Clint Eastwood, expected to appear in a two-minute Chrysler ad giving America a pep talk, according to a Wall Street Journal report.

• Super Bowl 2012 TV ads and teasers: Watch them now

The car company transformed its and Detroit’s national images last year with its gritty “Imported from Detroit” ad, backdropped by rhythmic rising music from Eminem, that won an Emmy. Chrysler, owned by Fiat, said it wanted to hold out releasing details or previews of this year’s anticipated encore, but the closely guarded advertising secret was leaking out this evening.

Eastwood has recent connections to the Motor City as director and star of “Gran Torino,” set in a deteriorating blue-collar neighborhood near Highland Park. Ironically, the Gran Torino is a Ford product, and Eastwood’s character, a retired Polish-American auto worker who mentors a young neighbor away from gangs, helped assemble it.

About 111 million people tuned into last year’s big game, and this year’s match-up between the New England Patriots and New York Giants is primed to become the most-watched TV program of all time.

" Clint Eastwood’s Chrysler Super Bowl Ad, The 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible, And Ford’s Boob Problem "

http://jalopnik.com/5881186/clint-eastwoods-chrysler-super-bowl-ad-the-2013-shelby-gt500-convertible-and-fords-boob-problem

1st Gear: Clint Eastwood To Lecture Country In Chrysler Super Bowl Ad
We all remember Chrysler's brilliant Eminem commercial from last year's Super Bowl, right? Now, multiple sources this morning tell us Chrysler not only plans to air a two-minute Super Bowl commercial but that the ad is expected to star none other than actor Clint Eastwood giving the country what the Wall Street Journal is calling — a pep talk. They do know that Ford built the Gran Torino, right?

http://www.freep.com/article/20120203/ENT03/202030382/Will-Clint-Eastwood-make-Chrysler-s-day-?odyssey=tab

http://www.hispanicbusiness.com/2012/2/3/chryslers_big_super_bowl_ad_to.htm

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2012/feb/03/make-my-day-law-for-business-advances-in-colorado/

http://www.adrants.com/2012/02/clint-eastwood-rumored-to-appear-in.php

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 12:53:31 AM »

Very cool!  Can't wait to see this commercial! O0
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 06:27:16 PM »

Did anyone just see the Eastwood narrated commercial during the Super Bowl? It was incredible!

Music speaks louder then words. It's the only thing that the whole world listens to. (Peter, Paul & Mary)
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 06:28:40 PM »

I just heard him a little bit--I left the room for a bit to get on the computer!
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 06:36:32 PM »

I assume it will be available online afterwards?
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 07:49:46 PM »

" Super Bowl Commercials 2012: Clint Eastwood Odd Pick for Chrysler Spokesmen "

By Eric Ball

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1054490-chrysler-super-bowl-commercial-clint-eastwood-odd-pick-for-super-bowl-spokesmen

It’s the 46th annual Super Bowl featuring Eli Manning, Tom Brady and Clint Eastwood?

Coming up at halftime of the big game, Chrysler plans on running their Super Bowl commercial featuring the 81-year-old actor with an inspirational message that will focus on second chances according, to executive vice president of Darcars Automotive Group Tammy Darvish:

It’s a whole different kind of theme from last year. It’s all about the greatness of the country.

The two-minute commercial has been kept a secret all the way up to the game, but you have to wonder how much Eastwood moves the needle in 2012.

Not only is the company banking on the fact that they can catch the world’s interest with an actor that was born in the year 1930, but they are assuming they can keep the attention of the audience for a full two minutes.

Yes that’s right, in a day and age when it costs $3.5M to run a 30-second ad, Chrysler is rolling out a two-minute ad that features a lecture of sorts.

Could this ad strategy work?

I think it can.

The message is an inspirational one, suggesting that America will get over this recession and are using their company as an example.

Chrysler is a startup company of sorts that became successful through hard work, and that’s the message they are sending to viewers.

Eastwood represents a generation that was built on elbow grease—built on making something out of nothing—and that’s why he is a solid pick to run the ad.

Sure the kids will look at Eastwood and wonder where Zach Efron is, but this commercial is not for them. This is a commercial for the middle of America, a message to remind them that the tough times of the last four years will eventually come to an end.

So while you are wondering why Eastwood is talking to you for two straight minutes, remember that the message is a strong one that serves as inspiration at a time when everybody can use one.

Oh yeah, and it’s a commercial to tell you about how awesome the Jeep Wrangler is.

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 07:55:16 PM »

The commercial in which Eastwood appears is online:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PE5V4Uzobc
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 07:57:45 PM »

And now you can watch the Video!!  8)

" Super Bowl Commercials 2012: Clint Eastwood Represents Chrysler, Detroit "

Feb 05 8:33p by Jon Bois

http://www.sbnation.com/2012-super-bowl/2012/2/5/2774027/chrysler-super-bowl-commercial-2012-clint-eastwood-detroit

We knew that for the second consecutive Super Bowl, we were in for a Chrysler commercial that highlighted the city of Detroit. We knew that it would probably be one of the more sober, serious ads of the night. I didn't expect to think much of this ad, but then they busted out Clint Eastwood and all my cynicism went out the window.

Clint Eastwood has no outstanding ties to the city of Detroit, but it does not matter. The man talks, and you listen. He says it's halftime in Detroit, and he ... wait, did he see the halftime show? That was not a very Detroit halftime show.

After the cameras stopped rolling, Eastwood requested four thousand metric tons of steel, a crowbar, and a T-square. He is building every car in the Chrysler plant. These cars will never break down, because they are fearful of what will happen if they do.

perfectnumber6

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 08:51:05 PM »

Yes!! I screamed like a little girl when it came on, garnering some strange looks from folks in the room :) 

Blondie: One, two, three, four, five and six. Six, the perfect number.
Angel Eyes: I thought three was the perfect number.
Blondie: Yeah, well I've got six more bullets in my gun.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2012, 08:55:25 PM »

And the Giants won the Super Bowl! :)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2012, 08:56:18 PM »

And the Giants won the Super Bowl! :)

Did they scream, "The Giants win the pennant, The Giants win the pennant!" :D

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2012, 09:10:00 PM »

Did they scream, "The Giants win the pennant, The Giants win the pennant!" :D

No, but over on the baseball site where I hang out, some people were shouting that! ;)

Four years ago, last time the Giants were in the Super Bowl, no one thought they had a prayer against the Patriots, who were undefeated all season long up to that point. I had gone to the movies with a friend, and as we were leaving the theater, we passed a TV where the game was showing. I noticed there were only a couple of minutes to go and the Giants were trailing by several points. So I told my friend, "Looks like they lose," and we went to catch the subway.

My friend got off at Times Square, and I had two more stops to go. As the train sped on, an announcement came over the loudspeakers, "Ladies and gentlemen, the New York Giants have won the Super Bowl."

Never experienced anything like that on the subway before or since.

But I digress ... back to topic, and that is Clint Eastwood's first appearance in a commercial (other than a public service announcement) since he was a struggling apprentice actor, if I'm not mistaken? ???

Though, this one was sort of a public service announcement too, in a way. At least, it seemed to have more to do with giving America a pep talk than it did with selling cars.
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2012, 11:33:36 PM »

Just watched the commercial. Clint does have a raspy voice and it suits the advertisement. He looks pretty good too.  :)
Southern cat
Member Extraordinaire

The Man

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2012, 01:22:20 AM »

Just watched the commercial. Clint does have a raspy voice and it suits the advertisement. He looks pretty good too.  :)

I watched it twice.....for research reasons of course. ::)
dane with no name
Member Extraordinaire

I dont think it's nice you're laughing...

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2012, 03:36:19 AM »

Madonnas half time show was pretty damn impressive, but it was the Eastwood commercial that gave me goosebumps.
As one of my friends said; Why don't he run for president?  ;)
paul78zephyr

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2012, 07:27:59 AM »

Alright,
I will be the first one to say that I am DISAPPOINTED to see Clint Eastwood shilling for Chrysler. Chrysler is as phony as a three dollar bill. They are owned by Italians - before that Germans. Many of their vehicles and most of the parts they are made from come from Mexico, South American, and China (as do the car/parts of many other 'American' cars). I dont like to be lied to. Whats more 'American': a Chrysler (Jeep) made in Mexico or a Camry made in Tennesee, or a Accord made in Ohio, or a Passat made in Tennessee, or a Nissan made in Kentucky. Chrysler is LYING to us under the guise of being 'American'. The only time thy seem to be American is when they have their hand out for a bailout from the American taxpayer. Clint has the right message about America but please dont give me this BS about Chrysler.

Same with the GE commercial about how they make all this stuff (turbines) for us here in America. I worked for GE for a long time until they closed our plant. The vast majority of GE products are made overseas. These 'feel good about Ameica' commercials are just a smoke screen for these companies to make a forture. GE makes BILLIONS and pays NO income taxes. They want us to be SHEEPLE not people. Dont be fooled by corporate PROPAGANDA.

Paul
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2012, 08:49:56 AM »

81 my ............ :)

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
lilirishgrl

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2012, 10:05:00 AM »

I really liked the superbowl commercial...yes it was a commercial for Chrysler but it had a very American message told in a way only Mr. Eastwood could have told it O0
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2012, 10:06:29 AM »

This was without a doubt one of the best advertisements I've ever seen. It was brimming with hope and promise about America, and served to remind us all of what we can  all do when working together rather than struggling alone.

I do think that it is a bit ironic that Clint Eastwood agreed to do this advertisement. Clint Eastwood is a Republican, and is on record for being against the auto bailout. I do think it's ironic to take money to do an ad which was clearly designed to show how well the auto industry is doing after being bailed out by the government when you yourself spoke against the bailout. If it were not for the auto bailout, which Mr. Eastwood did not support, Chrysler would be in bankruptcy rather than giving him money to do this ad. I don't mean to engage in a political debate about the worthiness of the auto bailout, as the moderators don't like political discussions on the board, so I will say no more, but I did think this irony should be pointed out. You can all go back to discussing your impressions of this ad. I thought it was masterful.

For any who are interested about Eastwood' earlier comments on the bailout, see this article: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2011/11/clint-eastwood-a-fan-of-herman-cains-story/
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2012, 10:39:03 AM »

As a Londoner ,Chrysler and the Super Bowl etc mean very little to me. but it's great to see one of my favourite actors
Still at the top of his game.

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T