News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: San Francisco film Festival  (Read 1230 times)
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: April 05, 2012, 08:33:30 PM »

" San Francisco Film Festival to honor Judy Davis "

AFP Relax News

http://news.yahoo.com/san-francisco-film-festival-honor-judy-davis-161722135.html

The 55th San Francisco International Film Festival, April 19-May 3, America's longest-running film fest, announced it will pay tribute to actress Judy Davis, who next appears in Woody Allen's To Rome With Love, as part of the Film Society Awards Night.

The award presentation will include clips of her films with David Cronenberg, the Coen brothers, Clint Eastwood, plus Gillian Armstrong's My Brilliant Career and her Oscar-nominated A Passage to India, as well as an onstage interview.

SFIFF's Kandar Award for screenwriting will go to David Webb Peoples, who penned classics such as Blade Runner starring Harrison Ford, Unforgiven starring Clint Forbes and Twelve Monkeys with Bruce Willis.

Tribute screenings this year feature Clint Eastwood's Unforgiven, Fritz Lang's House by the River and Carol Reed's The Third Man starring Orson Welles.

*   Unforgiven starring Clint Forbes ??........  ???

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 06:24:54 PM »

David Webb Peoples of Berkeley, who wrote "Unforgiven" for Clint Eastwood, will receive the Kanbar Award for excellence in screenwriting at the San Francisco International Film Festival.

" Screenwriter David Webb Peoples wins Kanbar Award "

And the Kanbar Award for excellence in screenwriting and for indelible contributions to American cinema goes to ... David Webb Peoples.

G. Allen Johnson

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/04/15/PKSC1NVVJ7.DTL

"I don't know if I'm dead or not!" Peoples laughed as he pondered the lifetime achievement honor to be given to him Saturday at the 55th San Francisco International Film Festival.

Anything but. When I reached the man who wrote or co-wrote "Blade Runner," "Unforgiven" and "12 Monkeys" at his retreat near Monterey Bay, he and his wife and co-writer, Janet Peoples, were busy at work on their latest project, an adaptation of the 1970s "Lone Wolf and Cub" Japanese manga and film series for director Justin Lin ("Fast Five," "Better Luck Tomorrow"), one of the hottest directors in Hollywood.

David Peoples' breakout year was 1992, when his scripts for Stephen Frears ("Hero," with Dustin Hoffman and Geena Davis) and Clint Eastwood ("Unforgiven") came out. "Unforgiven," of course, won best picture and Eastwood, who has said he didn't change a word of Peoples' script, won best director. Peoples lost out to Neil Jordan ("The Crying Game") for the original screenplay Oscar.

"Unforgiven" is the movie that will be shown at the April 28 tribute at the Sundance Kabuki Cinemas. Peoples said he hasn't figured out what he's going to say yet, but he's a little nervous about it.

"I'm not real comfortable in that kind of thing," Peoples laughed. "It's a huge honor and I'm very grateful for it, but I'd like to hide and send my replicant instead!" {sbox}

David Webb Peoples will receive the Kanbar Award at noon April 28 before a screening of "Unforgiven" at the Sundance Kabuki Cinemas. festival.sffs.org.

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T