Other/Miscellaneous > Discussion Board Troubleshooting

Attn: All Old-timer Newbies

(1/6) > >>

Matt:
I've been getting some e-mails from a few members wanting to know why they're "Newbies" again, although they've been with the board for years, and how come I am a "Member Extraordinaire" with five stars.....

I started with 0 posts and at Newbie status just like everyone else.  Moderators have 5 green stars automatically in the sections we moderate.  In the sections we don't moderate, we start with one star just like everyone else.  I got the five yellow stars based on post counts, and I made 600 posts by bringing over two long threads post by post to this board from the old: The Endless Pointless Thread (400 posts right there) and the Favorite Quotes and One Liners thread.

I know no one likes being a Newbie, so I have a solution!  I have almost all the threads saved from the old board.  I would like a couple of them transferred post by post to this board.  Anyone who really doesn't want to be a Newbie can ask me to e-mail them the threads, and you can do the same work I did.  Howd'ya like that idea?  Anyone wanna complain now?  ;)  Anyone want to take me up on the offer? :)

Just lemme know if ya do.  :D

Doug:
Sure, Matt.  I could do that.  Better than just making bogus posts just to make us look good.  You know my email.  Send me something and any directions I need.  I was fairly quiet but I think I was up to 125 posts on the old board at least -- and I wasn't called a "newbie."  How degrading! :P

And P.S. I think I'd had the site saved as a favorite for at least two years, if not more, before ever venturing to the board and actually registering.

Matt:
 ;D Thanks, Doug!  You now have three web pages in your inbox.

Some of those discussions were really great, and it's a shame to have lost them.   So I'm sure everyone here will appreciate your efforts. :)

And there's plenty more where those came from, if anyone else wants to do the same...

allycat:
Thanks Matt for caring about this! I just don't like being called a 'newbie' (partially because I'm not new, partially because I just don't like the term) as I've been on the board for nearly 3 years now. I'm not quite sure what you mean by transferring posts - what do I have to do again? I'm not sure if I should just sit tight and shut up until I get to 51 posts and become a 'full' member. On the other hand, dearest Cal, perhaps you could get rid of the term 'newbie' altogether? It makes me sound like the class nerd or something, or a character out of a Woody Allen film... ;)

P.S. For the record I had over 170 posts at the last count before I had to re-register. But that's just me being pedantic...

little_bill:
couldn't care less what i'm called as long as the board is here!
oh and as long as the janitor doesn't pick on me
i'm not superman!!!! ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version