News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »

Poll

Will a "Star is Born" get made?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
2 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will "A Star is Born" get made with Eastwood at the helm?  (Read 3035 times)
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: September 22, 2012, 09:35:15 AM »

I don't know about all of you, but I personally find the things we are hearing about this project to be very confusing. First, Beyonce was doing interviews saying she was excited to be working with Clint, and had recorded the soundtrack. Then, we were hearing about all sorts of A-list actors who were supposedly offered the male part but allegedly turned it down. Then we heard that Bradley Cooper was offered the part, but Bradley Cooper said he knew nothing about it, even though Clint has said there had been serious discussions. Now, Clint says he's not even sure if Beyonce is available or going to be involved, when before he delayed filming due to her pregnancy, and she appeared  to be signed on for the project and ready to go. I have no idea what is happening with this project, so I thought I'd ask the obvious question. Will this film get made? Why or why not? What does everyone think about all these conflicting reports about the film?
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 11:42:52 AM »

How the H-E-Double Hockeystick should anyone know?
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 11:54:31 AM »

It's not possible for us to know, of course, but we can have opinions about it. It appears to be a pretty troubled production, so it's only natural to ask about this. Everyone can have an opinion. It's like the other poll someone else posted after "Gran Torino" about whether Eastwood would act again or not. We can examine his career, think about it, and make a guess. It's the same thing here. We can look at the news, see that the production  appears to be rocky, think about what we know about how movies get made, and choose what we think. It's a gut-level question. Everyone has an intuitive sense about things. This is no different.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 12:03:45 PM »

Yeah, well, you know what opinions are like. And it's true, too.

EDIT: Anyway, I've moved this post to General Discussion, because the Questions & Answers forum is for questions that actually have answers.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 12:40:57 PM by KC » Logged
Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 01:28:28 PM »

I´m voting "no" as I don`t want to see the film and hate the idea of Eastwood directing it ..and therefore hoping that it never happens  ;)
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 01:34:17 PM »

Perhaps we should change the poll question to "Do you want 'A Star is Born' to get made with Eastwood at the helm?" ;)
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 11:23:07 PM »

A Star is Born would probably be like nothing else Eastwood has tackled... and its these kind of decisions that keeps
his career interesting...

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T