News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Danes Eastwood pilgrimage, part Deux 1/2. The returnering  (Read 3408 times)
dane with no name
Member Extraordinaire

I dont think it's nice you're laughing...

View Profile Email
« on: September 25, 2012, 10:17:27 AM »

As some of you may know, I'm travelling to the US again, and what better place to release vacation photos of Eastwood related sites than the hapless users of the Eastwood forum  :D

This time I'm hitting the west coast (Most notably New York) and later on, as part of the timehonored Eastwood movie shooting shrine worshipping tradition to later move on to Washington DC (In the line of fire, Absolute Power and J.Edgar )
This time I GOT THE CAMERA, am on my own (mostly) and spoiling myself, so expect  shenanigans and nerdy pop cultural references aplenty, and FINALLY a chance to comment on Eastwoods' latest movie while it's actually still playing in US cinemas  8)
Leaving cold, rainy autumny  Denmark Thursday via presumably even colder Iceland and arriving in NY on... ... Thursday.
Depending on internet access, I'll be posting, uploading and writing about what transpires for anyone brave enough to follow.
Speaking of brave enough...
When and where does it fit you best for me dropping by and bothering you, KC?  ;D
and do you by any chance have any scandinavian inspired crawings?  ;)

Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 10:48:49 AM »

How you have a wonderful trip dane. Will be looking forward to reading all about it.  :)
Elizabeth77
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 11:04:35 AM »

Happy traveling, dane.  I hope you're going to the East Coast to see NY.  Of course, they could have moved it.  I haven't been keeping up with the news lately. :)

"Thought I was having trouble with my adding.  It's all right now."
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 02:49:19 PM »

Have a great trip.... sounds fantastic...  :)
Look forward to pics...

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 05:58:25 PM »

Depending on internet access, I'll be posting, uploading and writing about what transpires for anyone brave enough to follow.

Looking forward to it, and I hope you have a wonderful time!  8)

Speaking of brave enough...
When and where does it fit you best for me dropping by and bothering you, KC?  ;D
and do you by any chance have any scandinavian inspired crawings?  ;)

Probably at the Library ... 5th Ave. and 42nd Street. PM me, and we'll figure it out.

Do you mean "Scandinavian inspired cravings"?  Hmm, not sure what they would be. Could you elaborate?

Anyway, the weather is lovely just now, so it's looking good for a Danish invasion!
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 09:44:06 PM »

Bon Voyage, Dane!!  :)

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
dane with no name
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 09:58:00 AM »

Do you mean "Scandinavian inspired cravings"?  Hmm, not sure what they would be. Could you elaborate? 
Yup, that's what I meant.
I seem to remember you had been to Sweden at one time, and wondered if there was any particular local delicacies you fancied.
Seeing as Danes and Swedes pretty much enjoy the same things (buttercookies, cumin bisquits, pear/apple marmelade, salty licorice, schnaps, etc.) I should hopefully be able to grab a few packages for you  :)
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 07:34:33 PM »

Aw, that is so sweet of you to offer! But I really can't think of anything. I like the breakfast pastries (like those kanelboller/kanelbullar you gave us the recipe for) but you can't really bring them across the Atlantic. My other "craving" would be for some of the more exotic kinds of crispbread (knäckebröd) that you can't get here, but I can't recall any particular one.

Anyway, I hope we'll meet up. 8)
dane with no name
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2012, 11:35:06 PM »

My other "craving" would be for some of the more exotic kinds of crispbread (knäckebröd) that you can't get here, but I can't recall any particular one.
It sounds like I'll have to look into the Swedish Vasa brand then, they have the best quality IMO.
I'll have a look around, and bring a selection  :)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2012, 12:09:11 AM »

Have a safe and happy trip Dane. Hope it all goes well and look forward to seeing the pics. 8)

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Conan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

JP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2012, 06:00:32 AM »

Have a great trip Dane!  If you are passing through Virginia during Thanksgiving time let me know.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T