News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CEWB annual Seasons Greetings Thread 2012.  (Read 4072 times)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« on: December 01, 2012, 01:26:16 PM »

Yes folks, it's that time of the year again. This is the thread to post all your pics, memories, season's greetings etc etc.

I'd like to thank Cal for continiuning to administer the best website there is, KC and Lin for all the hard work they do each day as moderators and all the members and guests that visit the board each day.

Christmas for me this year will be a lot harder than ever since it's the first Christmas without my Dad. Christmas lunch around the table just won't be the same with that vacant chair on my right. We'll still have the bon bons with the silly paper crowns and those awful jokes, the Christmas ham and all that but for me it just won't feel the same.

To everyone here, I wish you a Safe and Merry Christmas and a very happy 2013.

http://themindoftefft.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/nativityscene.jpg

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 04:55:20 PM »

The winter Solstice......Yule. 21st December.

I would like to wish everyone on the board very best wishes for the season.  Whatever you are doing and however you spend the time enjoy yourselves.

My Yule will be as always, quiet. We will celebrate on December 21st and open our presents that evening. For a change Gary will be home that night. usually he is working away until the 24th. It will be a nice change for me to celebrate our Yuletide with him.

I will be thinking of those loved ones who are no longer here but never forgotten.

http://seeker401.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/stonehenge_1525153c.jpg
Walt
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 03:39:11 AM »

This just went up yesterday in our home. We love Christmas and always put the tree up on 1st Dec. Just big kids, all of us !

Sylvie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 04:41:54 AM »

What a beautiful Tree Walt !
Just like you, my house has been decorated for a few hours, the Christmas Tree near the window, glittering at night ...

I think of you a lot Schofield Kid, how sad will be this first Christmas without your Dad : mine died only 23 days after Christmas in early 2005, and the last Christmas with him was one of my deepest memories, he woke up only a few minutes, round Midnight to be with us all, but so tired and slim, his skin as white as chalk, he opened his last presents without a word, and as my Mum was in the kitchen, watched me in the eyes and said : "What will I do with all these presents now ?" ... he knew it was the end, but we all refused to admit it, we all wanted to see him with us, forever ... the last picture of my Dad was taken with my numeric camera, that night of Christmas, and he smiles with a beautiful but sad smile, he looks like a small boy ...
Celebrations are never the same without the ones we loved ... And it is sometimes hard and sad to be "normal" for the others ...

I will think of you a lot and on Christmas night, I do hope my thoughts will cross the World to reach you.

That is so nice Lin; : you will celebrate Yule with Gary at home ! Enjoy this particular and important moment of the Year !

Have a beautiful Merry Christmas all of you here on the board
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 12:38:18 AM by Sylvie » Logged

"If she looks back, that means she's interested . Come on now, give me a little look. One little glance back..."

2007 Movie journal
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 04:54:18 AM »

Sylvie, what a beautiful and thoughtful post.

Walt Christmas in your home will be fun with such Christmassy people. Love your tree.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 12:31:58 PM »

Wonderful looking decorations, Walt! And is that a pile of Christmas movies to the left there?

I do hope everyone on the board has a good upcoming holiday season! And I hope that we can all fondly remember those that we've lost, and embrace the people we still have in our lives!
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 08:11:52 PM »

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Sylvie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, 02:18:45 AM »

(Reuter credits)

A funny picture found this morning !

Have a nice Christmas  :) !

"If she looks back, that means she's interested . Come on now, give me a little look. One little glance back..."

2007 Movie journal
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2012, 09:30:39 PM »

Christmas lunch at Alain Ducasse au Plaza Athénée Hotel, Relais Plaza, a beautiful bistro Art Deco!  8)

The Oréade (dessert winner of the 2005 World Cup pastry)  ::)

As there is the Christmas market, there were many people on the Ave. Champs-Elysees!

:D

My Poinsettia and Saintpaulia

" Merry Christmas to all! "  :D

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2012, 06:56:37 AM »

I'd like to wish everybody a happy, healthy, safe, wonderful holiday season! 

“Eyuh.”
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2012, 10:21:13 AM »

Merry Christmas and all the best for 2013 to all on the Eastwood board.... A very special gang...  :)

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
dane with no name
Member Extraordinaire

I dont think it's nice you're laughing...

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2012, 05:05:20 AM »

To all the wonderful people from the CEWB.
May your hollidays be spend in the warm company of friends, family  and loved ones.
Take care and have fun

DWNN
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T