News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WAS 2012 A HORRIBLE YEAR FOR EASTWOOD?  (Read 4744 times)
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« on: December 28, 2012, 11:01:28 PM »

I suppose it was for a number of reasons such us:

1.He starred in a TV commercial 
2.His family starred in a reality show
3.His daughter burned a 100k$ bug
4.He starred in TWTC
5.He supported the republicans who eventually lost
6.He was reject by Beyonce
7.He is about to divorce??????

Let's wish for a better 2013

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 04:29:59 PM »

I thought both his Superbowl ad and his ad for Romney were good, so I don't agree with you on number one. Participating in a reality show was a bad idea, so I am with you on that, as  was Francesca burning a 100K bag, but I'm not sure that Eastwood can really be blamed for that. Starring in "Trouble with the Curve" was a mistake, but it was still a decent film. Clint supporting a Republican who lost is not a reflection on him, so I don't agree with you on that. He wasn't rejected by Beyonce. She declined the film due to scheduling conflicts. Overall, I'd say he's had better years, but he's still going strong, and as Eastwood says, when you're 82, what can they do to you?
gwb, pt deux

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 05:07:59 PM »

That's some bug.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 07:36:16 PM »

The man is still alive, doing what he loves. Making films, either directing or acting. I wouldn't call it a horrible year.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 10:52:01 PM »

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
PeterD

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 02:38:32 AM »

1.He starred in a TV commercial 
2.His family starred in a reality show
4.He starred in TWTC
5.He supported the republicans who eventually lost
6.He was reject by Beyonce
7.He is about to divorce??????

Let's wish for a better 2013
1. Haven't seen it but a commercial is a commercial, nothing more nothing less, not something that could affect him.
2. Bit of money and exposure for his wife and kids. The girls are beautiful and seem to be having fun. Not a problem for Clint who was rarely seen in the show.
3. Assuming it was a $100K bag, they might have been using some poetic licence.....
4. Haven't seen it yet (ordering it today from Amazon) but it is supposed to be ok.
5. He put his name on the line, that was gutsy, especially against a President like Obama.
6. Probably not a great loss.    :)
7. Haven't heard that one.

A busy year for Clint, not a bad one.
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 03:46:40 AM »

Every year has ups and downs and this one was no different. Whatever Clint decides to do is his choice and at 82 he can make whatever choice he likes.
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 03:54:24 PM »

I dont know anything about Eastwood's pending divorce. Thats news to me, but if he's doing it because of that dopey show his wife was involved with yeah I would dump her too.

I think Eastwood has had a few bad years, not just 2012. He hasn't done anything worthwhile in the movies since Gran Torino and his movies Invictus, Hereafter, J. Edgar and Trouble With the Curve have been dismal failures. Hereafter certainly could be one if not the worst movies I've ever seen. I'm hoping he or anyone doesnt do another remake of 'A Star Is Born'. It's been done so many times which surprises me Eastwood would do it. Beyonce and Bradley Cooper?....James Mason must be rolling in his grave.....
Lucky Punk

Email
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 09:57:47 AM »

All quiet on the Eastwood front.

2012 may have been an artistically challenging year for Mr E. I hope the "empty chair" moment has not dented his credibility beyond repair. The last two decades have seen actors queuing up to work with Clint and cementing his reputation as a fine old school director. It would be a pity to find he has jeopardised this position. He has often opined that at his advanced age "what can they do to me?" I really hope he has not found out the answer to that question and would love to see him return to work newly invigorated.

If he has damaged his reputation he may take comfort in the refusal of Mel Gibson to lie down and stop working, his recent Get the Gringo was an excellent movie (including a nice Eastwood impression)
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 04:58:56 PM »

I don't really get all the doom and gloom regarding Eastwood's career. I don't think 2012 was a great year for Eastwood, but I haven't see any evidence that his career has been significantly damaged. I think he is just trying to figure out what he is going to do next. I don't think his convention speech or the poor critical and commercial reception of "Trouble With the Curve" have really had a long-term impact on his career prospects. "Trouble With the Curve" didn't succeed because it was about baseball, and it wasn't a great movie. I don't think it would have been a huge success even if Eastwood didn't speak at the convention. On what basis is a judgment being made that his career has been significantly damaged during the past year?
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 06:58:57 PM »

I don't really get all the doom and gloom regarding Eastwood's career. I don't think 2012 was a great year for Eastwood, but I haven't see any evidence that his career has been significantly damaged. I think he is just trying to figure out what he is going to do next. I don't think his convention speech or the poor critical and commercial reception of "Trouble With the Curve" have really had a long-term impact on his career prospects. "Trouble With the Curve" didn't succeed because it was about baseball, and it wasn't a great movie. I don't think it would have been a huge success even if Eastwood didn't speak at the convention. On what basis is a judgment being made that his career has been significantly damaged during the past year?
I agree with AKA here.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2013, 08:20:15 PM »

^ And so do I.
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2013, 10:28:02 AM »

^ M too.
makemyday321

Email
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2013, 07:27:25 PM »

Several reports back in November said that he and Dina have split. And he's been photographed without his wedding ring lately. Hope this one doesn't wind up the moderators!
makemyday321

Email
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2013, 07:31:24 PM »

Oh sorry I didn't even read the original post. I thought I was the only one on here who'd heard those rumors! You know, because it's not in the mainstream press....Clint's never in the mainstream press. I think they respect him too much. Anyway, I don't think he and Dina will ever divorce. If the separation rumors are true, it will be just that: separated but remain married. It wouldn't be the first time.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2013, 11:36:33 PM »

Several reports back in November said that he and Dina have split. And he's been photographed without his wedding ring lately. Hope this one doesn't wind up the moderators!
Oh sorry I didn't even read the original post. I thought I was the only one on here who'd heard those rumors! You know, because it's not in the mainstream press....Clint's never in the mainstream press. I think they respect him too much. Anyway, I don't think he and Dina will ever divorce. If the separation rumors are true, it will be just that: separated but remain married. It wouldn't be the first time.

As I mentioned in another thread, it is Board policy not to discuss Clint's private life. And as we've already stated about these rumors:

Unless and until one or both of the Eastwoods comment publicly about this (and in a reputable source), we will refrain from further discussion of this matter.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T