News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is your favorite non Dirty Harry and non western Eastwood movie?  (Read 3897 times)
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: July 12, 2015, 07:26:52 PM »

I still havent seen all of Eastwoods movies he's acted in.  But as of right now its actually a tie between Play Misty For Me and Thunderbolt and Lightfoot.  I feel like both movies are exceptional.  And all the actors in both were great.  And both movies are great action thrillers.  So for me as of right now its actualy a tie between these two movies.  So which one is your favorite non Dirty Harry and now western Eastwood movie?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 12:23:08 AM by KC » Logged
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 09:19:22 PM »

My favourites are still the same from last year when you posted a similar topic R7.  :)

http://www.clinteastwood.org/forums/index.php?topic=9788.0

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 10:39:08 PM »

Interestingly, in that topic Rawhide7 tells us he hasn't yet seen the two he names as his favorites now. ;)

Looks like I didn't name a favorite in that list. If I had to pick a single one it would be Bridges of Madison County. At least tonight! :)
The Man With No Aim
Member Extraordinaire

"There are two kinds of men in this world"

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 12:15:48 AM »

This looks a little like deja vu all over again for the second time.

Taking the exclusions into account, my faves are;

1. Beguiled
2. Eiger Sanction
3. Misty
4. Gran Torino

Bear in mind that I have been deprived of having seen probably more than half of the subject films, and I have never seen an Eastwood film I didn't like. In my list, the first three are in very close contention, and on any given day the order might change. However, Beguiled was a great film much before its time and much under-appreciated, and may most often be put no. 1.

Gran Torino was a really well made film, and the Clint acting was impeccable, but it was SO GOOD that it was not flashy enough to create enough excitement for me to put it higher on my list. It seemed like a documentary, it was so well made and acted.

But you will not be torturing me if you force me to watch any Clint film in his catalog.

Manwith

"In all the excitement I lost count myself'
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 12:23:46 AM »

Rawhide7, I edited your first post to correct the typo in the title. :)
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 01:25:00 AM »

Thanks everybody who has responded so far. I like this question due to the fact that Clints westerns and Dirty Harry movies are naturally going to be favorites among Eastwood fans.  I did this post again to see if any of yours have changed and also to see what some of our new members favs were.   I didn't bother doing a search for the original topic because I figured it's been so long ago that it would be alright to start a new topic on the same subject. Should I have just gone back and pushed the original topic to the top or was it okay to just ask the same question with a new post?  I just want to make sure I am doing things right.  I just really enjoyed watching misty and thunderbolt and light foot a lot. So for now those two are tied. There's still some Eastwood movies I haven't seen yet so it may change in the near future.   Again thanks and hope to hear from regular long time members and new members.  And please somebody let me know if this post was okay or not. I hope me posting this again didn't make anybody mad.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 01:34:43 AM by Rawhide7 » Logged
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2015, 01:54:08 AM »

No one is mad, R7. The original topic was only posted last year so it would have been better to continue in that thread and it would have bumped it back up to the top.

Don't worry about it. :)

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
exit00

Dying ain't much of a livin'

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2015, 01:25:05 PM »

Well, this question is just as tough as the fav Western or Dirty Harry films... I don't think I could in any way just pick one so I'll list the group that I put all together in no particular order as my top favorites in this category:

Gran Torino, Million Dollar Baby, Bridges of Madison County, In The Line of Fire, Tightrope, Thunderbolt and Lightfoot, Play Misty For Me. 

And if I am completely pushed, I would pick Million Dollar Baby as being the most perfect movie out of this group.
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2015, 03:07:29 PM »

Thanks Sk,

I had actually forgotten about that original post I had made.  I have recently bought and watched several of Clints movies and it made me think which movie that's not a Harry or western is my favorite Eastwood movie.  I kind of went on impulse on posting this topic.  Thinking more about it later I remembered that I had posted a topic similar to this one.  It was too late to take it off.  I think its actually a pretty good discussion topic.  I just wished I had remembered about the original topic.  I go on impulse sometimes and I get excited.

Thanks for understanding :)
Smitty1993

Hey there

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2015, 11:58:32 AM »

Escape From Alcatraz I love movies based on real life events and people plus I have it 2 times on DVD and YouTube a couple times

Do you feel lucky punk 😀
_Clintan_

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2015, 03:07:43 PM »

I think Gran Torino would be my favorite non-western/Dirty Harry flick with Clint.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T