News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eastwood and Aronofsky, Live at Tribeca  (Read 15810 times)
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: March 21, 2013, 11:44:04 AM »

I thought this too big to be in the Eastwood in the press (minor mentions) thread:

Clint Eastwood and Darren Aronofsky will engage in a public dialogue about the art of film directing at this year’s Tribeca Film Festival, one of a score of panel discussions scheduled during the event, which runs from April 17 to April 28.

Mr. Aronofsky, the director of “Black Swan” and the coming “Noah,” will interview Mr. Eastwood on April 27 in front of an audience at Borough of Manhattan Community College after the premiere of “Eastwood Directs: The Untold Story,” a documentary.

Not much more but here's the source:  Eastwood and Aronofsky, Live at Tribeca

“Eyuh.”
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 08:51:59 PM »

Thanks, Jed. The new documentary is by Eastwood's faithful Boswell, Richard Schickel.

The announcement on the festival's official site is here:

http://www.tribecafilm.com/festival/events/directors-series-clint-eastwood

Academy Award®-winning director Clint Eastwood will be in conversation with Academy Award®-nominee Darren Aronofsky following the world premiere of Eastwood Directs: The Untold Story.

Eastwood Directs: The Untold Story

Directed by Richard Schickel. (USA) – World Premiere.

This unprecedented new film focuses on Eastwood’s directorial method thanks to producing partners and fellow actors sharing never-before-told stories of working with Clint.  It explores Eastwood’s signature style, dissecting the skills that have ensured his four decades of success.  Bringing together the insights of Martin Scorsese, Meryl Streep, Gene Hackman, Morgan Freeman and many others, the film creates the complete picture of the man, the colleague, the creator.  Courtesy of Warner Bros. © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.

Tickets are not yet on sale. They will go on sale according to this schedule:

Tuesday, April 9 @ 11:00 am
Single Tickets on sale exclusively for American Express® Cardmembers (Online, Phone, and Ticket Outlets).

Sunday, April 14 @ 11:00 am
Single Tickets on sale to downtown residents (Ticket Outlets only, proof of zip code below Canal Street is required)

Monday, April 15 @ 11:00 am
Single Tickets on sale to general public (Online, Phone, and Ticket Outlets)
JSE

Don't just do something, stand there...

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 04:32:15 AM »

Sounds great, if it wasn't so close to our due date (and our Movie Night  ::)) I would buy a ticket and fly over to see Clint's talk...I still have never met or seen him in person  :(
MC

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 09:03:18 AM »

Aronofsky is one of my favorite directors to emerge in the last decade or so, so I'll definitely be interested in how the interview goes ... and hoping it leads to Aronofsky casting Eastwood in his next film!
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 10:02:44 AM »

Aronfosky is a favorite of mine too. O0 I wonder if there will be video or text of the interview for this. ???
Dan Dassow
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 04:11:56 AM »

Home Media (link)
Clint Eastwood Doc to Premiere at Tribeca, Air on TCM
27 Mar, 2013 By: Ashley Ratcliff

... The Richard Schickel-produced documentary explores Eastwood’s directorial style and features commentary from fellow actors and producing partners, including Martin Scorsese, Meryl Streep, Gene Hackman and Morgan Freeman, among others. The film also highlights the more than 40 movies Eastwood made with Warner Bros. throughout the years.

The Untold Story is slated for release on Blu-ray Disc and DVD June 4, in conjunction with the Clint Eastwood 40 Film Collection (DVD) and the Clint Eastwood 20 Film Collection (Blu-ray).

Prior to its home video bow, the documentary will air May 30 on Turner Classic Moves (TCM).

TCM Listing and reminder.
Thursday, May 30 @ 08:00 PM (ET)
May 30, 2013 @ 11:15 PM (EST)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 09:20:08 AM by Dan Dassow » Logged
Dan Dassow
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 08:12:33 PM »

IMDb now has an entry for Eastwood Directs: The Untold Story (2013). I was rather surprised the IMDb staff accepted my new title submission for the film so quickly. Usually it takes two weeks for a new title to be accepted.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 12:54:27 PM by Dan Dassow » Logged
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 07:39:38 PM »

Tickets went on sale today to American Express cardholders, and I scored two! So, I'm going! :)
Wilbur Eddings

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 11:19:46 PM »

Ahh man! I would have loved to see that!

Wrong continent though :(
JSE

Don't just do something, stand there...

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2013, 01:47:42 AM »

Tickets went on sale today to American Express cardholders, and I scored two! So, I'm going! :)

Well done KC, that's excellent!
palooka
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2013, 08:45:53 AM »

Fantastic news. Your attendance also guarantees us all a proper report on proceedings. Enjoy ..

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Sylvie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2013, 09:58:38 AM »

I am very happy for you KC  :)

"If she looks back, that means she's interested . Come on now, give me a little look. One little glance back..."

2007 Movie journal
Dan Dassow
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2013, 06:38:11 AM »

Congratulations KC. We collectively look forward to your report.
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2013, 10:38:14 AM »

Two tickets..... Should I be booking  my flight ?  ;)

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2013, 06:45:41 PM »

I was able to purchase a ticket for this, so I too am going. Rest assured my fellow Eastwood fans, KC and I will be your eyes and ears at this special event.  :)
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2013, 06:46:56 PM »

You can be eyes ... I'll be ears. ;)
Dan Dassow
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2013, 03:00:24 PM »

You can be eyes ... I'll be ears. ;)
  O0

Out of curiosity, will Tribeca allow the audience to use video and audio recording devices during this event?
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2013, 05:13:50 PM »

The full video of the Tribeca talk is up:

http://new.livestream.com/accounts/3172535/events/2048983
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2013, 07:07:07 PM »

Out of curiosity, will Tribeca allow the audience to use video and audio recording devices during this event?

The answer to this is No, but (as I was very happy to hear), the event was streamed live and is available online.

The full video of the Tribeca talk is up:

http://new.livestream.com/accounts/3172535/events/2048983

Thanks, AKA.  I'm especially happy about this because it was too dark to take notes!

I thought the whole event was first-rate. The new Richard Schickel documentary is excellent, with a lot of interview footage with actors and others who have worked with Clint, along with some of his friends in the business (Steven Spielberg, Martin Scorsese). And the interview that followed was extremely focused on Clint as a director (naturally enough, given the fact that the event was part of the "Directors Series" and the interviewer was fellow director Darren Aronofsky). If we should ever do a third edition of Clint Eastwood: Interviews, I would like to include this one!

Among much else, Aronofsky brought up the question of whether Clint is working "in digital" these days, and the answer is so far, no. He's done tests, but still thinks he gets better results with film. Aronofsky agreed, but mentioned that it's beginning to be hard to find technicians who can still handle film cameras.

I was only sorry that they didn't take audience questions. I would have expected that someone would have asked him what he is doing next! Aronofsky never brought that up, though Clint did mention that he would hope to emulate Portuguese director Manoel de Oliveira and go on making films till the age of 105.

I wish you all could have been there! But please do watch the video.

Lucky Punk

Email
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2013, 01:18:26 AM »

Thanks for posting guys.

Nice to see Clint on form and with an occupied chair  >:D

A very nice insight into some of Clint's views on the film making process and good to hear him describe it as collaborative. He clearly enjoys his work and I hope we see him return to work sometime soon.

I liked Aronofsky's easy questioning style, it allowed Clint time to form his answers in an intelligent and considered way. Clint's interviews can occasionaly seem to ramble on with lack of focus.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T