News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help Me Choose A New Screen Name  (Read 15870 times)
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2007, 07:45:10 AM »

Hi Kid.      Still 3 letters so that makes life easier for me.   Good choice and a surprise. :)

Hey I just noticed (very slow these days) the old smiley faces are back. :D :D
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2007, 10:49:53 AM »

Hey, tgy!  I tried to reply to your PM, and I couldn't.  I got this error message:

I'm guessing you need to lose the quotation marks.

Apparently KC was able to reply to you, but I could not, and though I may be a little tipsy at the moment (happy new year!), I shouldn't have to struggle so to reply to a PM.  Not to my good friend from down yonder.

Happy neuw yeer!   

Skål, Doug ... when I replied to the Kid's PM, I just changed the name in the "To" line to the Kid's old handle, tgy. That worked. I don't know if the quotes are causing the problem, though it's possible since the system puts the screenname in quotes and the Kid's screenname is then partly in double quotes.

I do think, if the Kid will pardon me for saying so, that the screenname would be "cleaner" without the quotes. ;)
Sylvie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2007, 01:17:54 PM »

8) Great choice,  Schofield Kid !  :)

"If she looks back, that means she's interested . Come on now, give me a little look. One little glance back..."

2007 Movie journal
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2007, 01:57:11 PM »

I miss "tgy" already.  :(

Sorry, but I doubt I'll get used to calling you "Kid" when you're about as old as I am (and maybe because years ago we had a 14 year old who was "The Kid", and it fit him well, and I still remember him as a valuable member). It's just that we know you so well... it's hard to change the name, but even more when it doesn't necessarily "fit".  Sorry to be the lone voice of dissent. Maybe 'cause you're one of my favorite members here, it's hard to think of you any other way.
Lilly
Member Extraordinaire

"If she looks back..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2007, 04:21:21 PM »

I think I'd prefer to shorten it to Schofield, rather than Kid.  I wouldn't mind betting that you'll end up being abbreviated to SK, like AB - which doesn't get you far from tgy! :D

Hey that old  :D is back!
Doug
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

"May I make a suggestion..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2007, 05:19:58 PM »

I miss "tgy" already.  :(

Sorry, but I doubt I'll get used to calling you "Kid" when you're about as old as I am (and maybe because years ago we had a 14 year old who was "The Kid", and it fit him well, and I still remember him as a valuable member). It's just that we know you so well... it's hard to change the name, but even more when it doesn't necessarily "fit".  Sorry to be the lone voice of dissent. Maybe 'cause you're one of my favorite members here, it's hard to think of you any other way.

You're not the lone voice of dissent, and I remember "The Kid" from back in the day and it did fit him well and "tgy" is the same age as I am and thus not a "kid."  (Unless being addressed by Clint Eastwood himself.)  I like Lilly's suggestion.  Still when Brendan changed his screenname it was a reflection of his growing maturity, and thus it took me no time at all to get used to it.

Anyway, I feel I'm obligated to respect tgy's -- ahem, Schofield's or SK's -- wishes.  Although, please lose the quotation marks at least.... 8)

"Yes, well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of a park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's my policy."  Frank Drebin, Police Squad.
Agent
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2007, 05:36:27 PM »

Still when Brendan changed his screenname....

Actually I thought Nightwing had a nice ring to it.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it." - Clint Eastwood
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2007, 05:50:03 PM »

"SK" I can do. I'll address you that way. "Kid".... just can't do it.

I was expecting the change to be to tgy's real name. It seems that when a long-established member changes their screen name, it's usually been to their own. We're such a small community that if you've been here a while, most of us know each other's first names anyway. :)
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2007, 05:57:03 PM »

Proudest moment of my life is when I changed my board name to Brendan. Taking a bullet for Richard Grieco had it's moments and shadow coaching the New England Patriots to those Super Bowls was fun.... but changing the board name was awesome.
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2007, 10:33:29 PM »

That is a good name to choose Kid. I will have to get used to seeing  it though.
Happy New Year man.

Music speaks louder then words. It's the only thing that the whole world listens to. (Peter, Paul & Mary)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2007, 10:51:28 PM »

The quotations have been removed,so hopefully no more problems with PM's.

I did think a few would find calling me Kid a bit strange since I'm in my 30's,but at work and home people keep telling me to grow up and stop acting like a child. ;D

SK is fine as well.

I'm sure everyone will get used to it eventually.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Lilly
Member Extraordinaire

"If she looks back..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2007, 11:01:13 PM »

Yeah, in a few years time we'll be reminiscing in some thread titled "Christopher 30 with three kids - and other CEWB old timers", talking about the "old board", and saying, "I remember when SK was tgy, Matt was a smoker, and Internet Explorer still had a market; geez that's going back". :D
Agent
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2007, 02:17:05 AM »

Proudest moment of my life is when I changed my board name to Brendan. Taking a bullet for Richard Grieco had it's moments and shadow coaching the New England Patriots to those Super Bowls was fun.... but changing the board name was awesome.

I have to admit when I took the "R" off at the end of Agent a few years back, it was revolutionary for me as well. It's like a big load was taken off my shoulders, and my whole life changed from that point. I faced any obstacle head-on with a grin, became a babe magnet, and I believe I received at least 3 promotions that year. Each succeeding year's been better since and I never look back at my AgentR days.  8)

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it." - Clint Eastwood
Canadian Lady
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2007, 08:32:44 AM »

Well 'Kid' , I hope you enjoy you new handle! Farewell 'tgy'! Happy New Year 'Kid'!

Every Day is a Good Day!! -CL
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2007, 08:35:50 AM »

Yeah, in a few years time we'll be reminiscing in some thread titled "Christopher 30 with three kids - and other CEWB old timers"
Wow, I've got some work to do. :o ;D
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2016, 01:48:17 AM »

Yeah, in a few years time we'll be reminiscing in some thread titled "Christopher 30 with three kids - and other CEWB old timers", talking about the "old board", and saying, "I remember when SK was tgy, Matt was a smoker, and Internet Explorer still had a market; geez that's going back". :D

All of these have come to pass, except for Christopher being the father of three kids.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2016, 11:24:12 AM »

All of these have come to pass, except for Christopher being the father of three kids.
:-[

;D
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T