News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Action Movies! (& TV)  (Read 35539 times)
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2013, 10:51:07 PM »

Hi Jed,

What do you think of the expendables movies both 1 and 2?  Do you like them?  I actually like both of them very much.  Lots of great action in both and of course it has awesome star power like no other movie has.
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2013, 05:32:13 AM »

Hi Jed,

What do you think of the expendables movies both 1 and 2?  Do you like them?  I actually like both of them very much.  Lots of great action in both and of course it has awesome star power like no other movie has.

Hey Rawhide 7,

It's the Expendables movies that inspired me to create this topic.  Go back to the first page to see more.  I agree with you and yes, I like them very much as well.  According to IMDB, a third installment is in the works and the lineup looks pretty good so far:  The Expendables 3

I'd still love to see Eastwood and Connery in the new movie, with as much time on film that Norris had in the second. 

Wow, not easy finding images of Eastwood & Connery together...

« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 06:08:14 AM by Jed Cooper » Logged

“Eyuh.”
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2013, 08:56:47 PM »

Hey Rawhide 7,

It's the Expendables movies that inspired me to create this topic.  Go back to the first page to see more.  I agree with you and yes, I like them very much as well.  According to IMDB, a third installment is in the works and the lineup looks pretty good so far:  The Expendables 3

I'd still love to see Eastwood and Connery in the new movie, with as much time on film that Norris had in the second. 

Wow, not easy finding images of Eastwood & Connery together...

yes, I also agree I would love to see Eastwood and Connery in this movie also.  Like you said give them the same amt of time as Norris had.  That would be great.  And it would put a smile on my face seeing Eastwood in this movie.  Plus it would put my two favorite actors in the same movie together.  Eastwood and Stallone.  And IMO it doesn't get any better than Eastwood and Stallone wow now that would be some great star power! 
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2013, 05:45:43 AM »

yes, I also agree I would love to see Eastwood and Connery in this movie also.  Like you said give them the same amt of time as Norris had.  That would be great.  And it would put a smile on my face seeing Eastwood in this movie.  Plus it would put my two favorite actors in the same movie together.  Eastwood and Stallone.  And IMO it doesn't get any better than Eastwood and Stallone wow now that would be some great star power!

I know what you mean.  It would please me immensely to discover Clint & Sean being in this film but I'm not expecting it to happen.  From what I understand, Eastwood was approached and said no.  That doesn't mean it's true or if it is that he definitely won't.  That won't stop me from seeing Expendables 3 - I CAN'T WAIT!  Ahem...well, er-ah, I guess I have to wait...BUT I DON'T HAVE TO LIKE IT!   :D

You can tell I'm excited to see it and if the rumors turn out to be fact, it'll be interesting to see Wesley Snipes, Mel Gibson, Milla Jovovich and Steven Segal co-starring.

“Eyuh.”
Westernfan

View Profile Email
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2013, 02:09:22 AM »

Huge Schwarzenegger fan here.

Exependables 3 is gonna be the best one yet.

The cast is the greatest one for an action movie ever: Sly, Arnold, Harrison Ford, Wesley Snipes, Mel Gibson, Dolph Lundgren, Jason Statham, Antonio Banderas.

Mel is gonna play the villain. It’s gonna be awesome.
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2013, 05:47:45 AM »

Huge Schwarzenegger fan here.

Exependables 3 is gonna be the best one yet.

The cast is the greatest one for an action movie ever: Sly, Arnold, Harrison Ford, Wesley Snipes, Mel Gibson, Dolph Lundgren, Jason Statham, Antonio Banderas.

Mel is gonna play the villain. It’s gonna be awesome.

Yes!  I'm psyched!  I can't wait!  Well.... I can, I mean... I have to....but I don't have to like it!   :D

I get a chuckle out of the criticisms I've read about this series so far.  So much negativity.  I ran into somebody recently that said Stallone is a far better actor than director, commenting on the first Expendables film.  I thought his direction was very good in the first one.  As far as acting goes, well, he's okay.  Right now he's doing what he does best and that's great.  Great for fans to get that much more entertainment and for him, he's not resting on his reputation.  He's had a fantastic run at the box office and he's showing he's got more to offer.  I haven't seen Bullet To The Head yet and so far I've heard mostly bad reviews but that's not stopping me from seeing it.  Hell, everybody's allowed bad movies from time to time.  It happens to everyone. 

This new entry in the series is shaping up to be as good as the last sequel.  I read that filming was supposed to begin last month.  I could be wrong but I think it'll be another blockbuster.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 05:52:57 AM by Jed Cooper » Logged

“Eyuh.”
Westernfan

View Profile Email
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2013, 08:57:02 AM »

Man, you really ought to visit the StalloneZone, buddy. You'll love it there, all the news regarding Sly and Expendables movies you'll find there !

The shooting began on August 19th, Sly is in terrific shape and so is Arnold !

Come to the Zone, man, you're gonna love it !
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2013, 09:02:45 AM »

As the Mirror Universe Spock told Kirk, "I shall consider it!"  Sounds great, can you provide a link to get me started?

“Eyuh.”
Westernfan

View Profile Email
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2013, 09:10:17 AM »

This is the link to the forum : http://craigzablo.proboards.com/

You're gonna feel welcome, it's a nice bunch of guys who are very passionate about  Stallone and all the action movies from the 80s and early to mid 90s: you're gonna find Norris fans, Arnold fans, Van Damme fans but the common denominator is that everyone's a Sly Stallone fan.

What everyone on the Zone is they're movie fans.

You'll love it.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 09:15:10 AM by Westernfan » Logged
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2013, 10:44:28 AM »

Thanks, Westernfan.  I joined under the name Elvis3577.  I was hoping to use Jed Cooper but the site wouldn't let me for some reason.  Does someone else have that username? 

Anyway, I checked out the Expendables 3 photos & discussion threads and they look great.  Thanks for pointing that site out to me.  O0

“Eyuh.”
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2013, 12:41:58 PM »

Speaking of Stallone, I just saw on IMDB that it is rumored that he will be acting in a movie called Creed as Rocky Balboa.  If so what will this movie be about?  Is this going to be considered another Rocky movie?
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2013, 12:49:14 PM »

I've heard rumors about this and from what little I know, Stallone reprises his role as Rocky Balboa to train Apollo Creed's grandson.  This is alluded to on IMDB:  Creed 
Creed is the grandson of 'Apollo Creed', character of 'Rocky' saga.

I just located this as well:  Rocky (film series)

Creed   On July 24, 2013, it was announced that MGM has offered Fruitvale Station director Ryan Coogler to direct a spinoff of Rocky. The film will focus on a man following in the footsteps of his grandfather, Apollo Creed, and getting a mentor in the now-retired Rocky Balboa. Michael B. Jordan has been offered the role of Creed's grandson, and Stallone will reprise his character of Rocky, in a script co-written by Coogler and Aaron Covington.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 12:53:03 PM by Jed Cooper » Logged

“Eyuh.”
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2013, 10:23:13 AM »

Okay thanks Jed,

What do you think about them making this movie?  It sounds like it has some potential to be really good.  But at the same time I don't want anything to ruin the success of the Rocky movie franchise.  I am a huge Rocky movie fan.  Matter fact Rocky and Rocky 2 are my favorite movies.  I pretty much consider Rocky and Rocky 2 as one movie because really Rocky 2 is a continuation of Rocky 1.  I just don't want anything like a remake or a spin off to take away the luster of the 6 Rocky movies.  But Creed sounds good.  So I'm a little 50/50 on this one.
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2013, 07:51:34 AM »

I like Jason Statham.  He's my favorite action movie star these days.  I enjoy most of what I've seen by him so far, with a few minor disappointments.

Safe (2012)

This was just okay.  It seems like a lot of action movie stars make a movie like this, with a similar plot.  It also seems like most don't work very well. 

Parker (2013)

I enjoyed this one more. 

« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 11:44:03 AM by Jed Cooper » Logged

“Eyuh.”
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2013, 07:57:11 AM »

The Last Stand (2013)

Yes!  Great seeing Schwarzenegger back in action!  I got a kick out of seeing him in the Expendables films and am glad to see him starring in his own movie.  I enjoyed this movie very much.  I wish I'd seen it when it originally came out, but better late than never.  This more than makes up for that travesty of a film he did, Collateral Damage.  That was a major disappointment and made think it was quitting time.  I'm glad this movie has proven me wrong and look forward to more. 

« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 11:44:21 AM by Jed Cooper » Logged

“Eyuh.”
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2013, 08:22:21 AM »

Superman film series starring Christopher Reeve (1978-1987)

I enjoyed revisiting these films again.  The first is still my favorite.  I have fond memories of seeing it for the first time on the big screen and then repeatedly on cable.  After seeing "The Richard Donner Cut" of Superman II not too long ago, I didn't think I'd enjoy the original any more but I was wrong.  I still prefer Donner's version, but the original is still likeable.  I never cared much for Superman III and I used to despise Superman IV: The Quest For Peace.  This time around, I came away liking the fourth installment a little and after watching all of them with my son, I asked which he liked the best.  To my surprise, he said the last one is his favorite.  I asked why and he told me it's because it's got the coolest villain, Nuclear Man.  He's 6 years old and still too young for the super (pun intended) violent superhero movies of today.  I felt bad that I couldn't take him with me to see Man Of Steel so I promised him we'd watch these as soon as possible.  My daughter is 2 and she even enjoyed watching them with us.  Well, not all the way through but like her brother does enjoy watching Superman in action.  One thing I noticed is that Christopher Reeve was perfect in all four movies.  The last 2 aren't as enjoyable but he did a fantastic job portraying Superman & Clark Kent from beginning to end.  By comparison, I enjoy these much more than the Batman series that began with Michael Keaton.

Look, Up in the Sky! The Amazing Story of Superman (2006)

Being in a Kryptonian state of mind, I decided to borrow this documentary from the library.  I saw when it first aired but I remember it being so impressive that I wanted to see it again.  It was done so well that I'd like to see them update it to include the newest movie.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 11:44:41 AM by Jed Cooper » Logged

“Eyuh.”
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2013, 08:31:16 AM »

From Paris With Love (2010)

I wasn't sure about this one.  The ad on tv looked good but I didn't have the opportunity to see it until recently on dvd.  I liked it very much and Travolta seemed to be having a lot of fun with this one.  I thought it was very good and recommend it.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 11:44:59 AM by Jed Cooper » Logged

“Eyuh.”
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2013, 05:54:14 AM »

Sorry I haven't replied sooner, Rawhide7.  I meant to but got caught up with work and other things.  Creed has the potential to be very good.  I am a fan of the Rocky series but was sorely disappointed with Rocky V.  Much like Star Trek V, it's the worst in the series.  The concept is great, just badly executed.  I think Sly "dumbed down" his character too much too quickly.  It should've been a better film but sadly it wasn't.  It might've been better for Stallone to find redemption in finding another fighter to train and beat Morrison.  Rocky Balboa was a great return to the character.  On the whole, the series stand up very well and I find it very enjoyable.

Okay thanks Jed,

What do you think about them making this movie?  It sounds like it has some potential to be really good.  But at the same time I don't want anything to ruin the success of the Rocky movie franchise.  I am a huge Rocky movie fan.  Matter fact Rocky and Rocky 2 are my favorite movies.  I pretty much consider Rocky and Rocky 2 as one movie because really Rocky 2 is a continuation of Rocky 1.  I just don't want anything like a remake or a spin off to take away the luster of the 6 Rocky movies.  But Creed sounds good.  So I'm a little 50/50 on this one.

“Eyuh.”
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2013, 10:23:51 AM »

Ya I would have to agree that Rocky 5 is the worst one out of the series.  However I did still enjoy it as it does have some great action scenes and the street fight was a nice change something different.  But I think Stallone himself was a little disappointed with Rocky 5 not 100% sure but I think he was.  I think he felt that Rocky 5 did'nt send a positive message to the audience.  So he made Rocky Balboa.  Which sends more of a positive message like when the boxing commision wouldnt grant him a license and he argues for himself about who has the right to take that away from you.  Stallone wanted to end the series on a positive note and with Rocky Balboa I think he did that.
Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2013, 02:22:06 PM »

I think the best action film for ages was The Raid:Redemption

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1899353/?ref_=sr_3

If you have not seen it yet,you should.I highly recommend it  O0

Btw since you guys are fans of Arnie and Sly (I´ve watch them so many years that I feel that I`ve earned the right to call them by their nicknames  ;D ) are you looking forward Escape Plan ?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1211956/?ref_=sr_1
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T