News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Action Movies! (& TV)  (Read 35807 times)
Natalie Stark

View Profile Email
« Reply #100 on: October 05, 2013, 07:05:47 AM »

Great movie & series so far!  I hope there's more!

Me too, Brian!!!  :D
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« Reply #101 on: October 05, 2013, 08:46:13 AM »

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (2011)

It's by far the best Sherlock Holmes movie I've ever seen in my life!!! I was crying in the end (as always) but, I can say, RDJ's role was great  :D

Sorry guys I'm with Peter Cushing & the hound of the Baskervilles.

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #102 on: October 05, 2013, 09:12:49 AM »

Sorry guys I'm with Peter Cushing & the hound of the Baskervilles.

No problem.  Perfectly understandable.  I love RDJ as Holmes but have yet to see The Hound Of The Baskervilles and am very curious to see it.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 05:32:46 AM by Jed Cooper » Logged

“Eyuh.”
Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #103 on: October 07, 2013, 04:03:25 AM »

Finally.  This wasn't a great action movie but it's definitely good and I enjoyed it.  Lots of faces I recognize here;  Sung Kang from Ninja Assasin; the lovely, gorgeous and very sexy Sarah Shahi from Fairly Legal (tv); Jason Momoa from Conan The Barbarian and Holt McAllany from CSI: Miami (tv).  If anything, this film is worth seeing due to Stallone's presence. 

I quite liked this one.Too bad it did not do well at the box-office.Always have liked Walter Hill`s films and this was almost as good as anything he had done back in the 70`s and 80`s...and Stallone was great once again.
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #104 on: October 10, 2013, 06:27:35 AM »

Looper (2012)

I enjoyed this one.  Willis is usually good and lately so has Joseph Gordon-Levitt, at least, in the movies I've seen them in.   Gordon-Levitt was made up to appear to be a younger version of Willis, but I don't see the resemblance.  They look as little like each other as Tom Hardy did as Patrick Stewart in Star Trek: Nemeis, not at all.  This didn't take away from my being entertained, though and for those who enjoy similar types of movies I recommend it.   

“Eyuh.”
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #105 on: November 13, 2013, 03:05:45 PM »

Bunraku (2011)

Got this Blu ray from my dad and enjoyed it very much.  I like the look of the film throughout.  A good deal of fight sequences that did not disappoint.  Josh Hartnett, Woody Harrelson, Gackt, Kevin McKidd, Ron Perlman and Demi Moore were all very good.

“Eyuh.”
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #106 on: November 22, 2013, 07:45:01 AM »

Thor: The Dark World (2013)

I didn’t originally plan to go out of my way to see this film. I figured on seeing it on dvd, as I did the first. I got an invited and wound up going with a few friends and not only did I enjoy seeing this with them, but plan on doing the same for the next Captain America movie.

“Eyuh.”
Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #107 on: November 26, 2013, 07:49:03 AM »

Thor: The Dark World (2013)

Yup,was good.Much better than the first one.I´m also looking forward to see new Captain america as the trailer is very promising.

Just watched Mission Impossible III and Mission Impossible-Ghost Protocol (again,had seen them at the movies).Liked them quite a bit and I´m hoping that they keep doing these films.

Anyways at the cinema my last"action"film was Escape Plan which I also enjoyed quite a bit even though there was nothing new in it.Kind of old school action-thriller  :)

Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #108 on: November 26, 2013, 08:21:14 AM »

Glad you enjoyed Thor: The Dark World and Escape Plan, Hemlock.  Looks like a 5th Mission: Impossible movie is in the works, or at least 'announced', according to IMDB:  Mission: Impossible 5

I've enjoyed the M:I series, too and look forward to the next one.  Looks like Ving Rhames and Jeremy Renner are returning, something else I'm glad for.

“Eyuh.”
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #109 on: April 11, 2014, 08:21:55 AM »

I finally watched Pacific Rim.  I remember the ads on tv and wanting to see it but just wasn't able to make time while it was out, so had to settle for dvd.  The second half is better than the first.  Great battles.  I'd say a cross between Transformers, Jurassic Park, King Kong and Godzilla.  Let's see some sequels!

« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 08:27:44 AM by Jed Cooper » Logged

“Eyuh.”
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #110 on: April 11, 2014, 12:46:23 PM »

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)

I had the opportunity to see this with family members and friends last weekend.  We were lucky to get seats all together.  We all enjoyed the movie and it's always great to get together like this, something that doesn't happen very often.  The last time I went with a group was probably Gran Torino. 

I liked this movie very much.  I think it's a strong sequel, stronger than Thor: The Dark World.  Of course, it's nice seeing Scarlett Johansson, too.  Not hard on the eyes.  The story held my interest throughout and there was plenty of action.  I can't wait for the next Avengers movie! 

Man!  Marvel is just King of the hill when it comes to superhero movies these days.  What a pity DC is so far behind.  I hope that changes soon.  In the meantime, I'll keep on checking out what Marvel has to offer and the next Spider Man movie looks very promising.

“Eyuh.”
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #111 on: April 23, 2014, 11:14:31 AM »

A Good Day To Die Hard (2013)

I saw this when it first came out.  I enjoyed it even more this time.  I thought this was better than Live Free Or Die Hard but both were good.  I'm looking forward to more sequels.

“Eyuh.”
Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #112 on: April 25, 2014, 05:36:23 AM »

Hate to disagree with you Jed but I think that the last Die Hard-film was horrible piece of sh*t.Long gone was the glory days of first two great Die Hard-films.Third one being good and fourth okay-ish.

Still I´m in the minority as the film was huge success and therefore there will be more Die Hard films for sure...and Willis can deliver another performance on autopilot.

Anyways,action film that I´m looking forward to see at the moment is

The first The Raid:Redemption was awesome and I have high hopes for this one.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 06:23:13 AM by Hemlock » Logged
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #113 on: April 25, 2014, 06:18:21 AM »

Hate to disagree with you Jed but I think that the last Die Hard-film was horrible piece of sh*it.Long gone was the glory days of first two great Die Hard-films.Third one being good and fourth okay-ish.

Still I´m in the minority as the film was huge success and therefore there will be more Die Hard films for sure...and Willis can deliver another performance on autopilot.

Anyways,action film that I´m looking forward to see at the moment is

The first The Raid:Redemption was awesome and I have high hopes for this one.

No sweat, Hemlock.  Thanks for sharing your opinions.  I thought the last Die Hard film was okay when I first saw it but for some reason found myself liking it more the 2nd time around, on dvd.  That's just me.  I know there are those who can't stand the first Expendables sequel, either, but I enjoyed it but agree the first one was better.  I can take or leave Bruce Willis, so maybe that's part of the reason I'm not as picky about him in the Die Hard series.  I enjoyed the first 2 very much but was sorely disappointed with the 3rd installment.  I can't recall seeing the 4th more than once but wasn't too impressed.  I think now that since I've been enjoying action films all over again since the release of the first Expendables film, my opinion on Live Free Or Die Hard may change upon seeing it again.  Out of the last 3, though, I prefer the most recent one.  As for the entire series, like Dirty Harry and Death Wish, youc can't top the first.

Was it you that recommended The Raid to me not too long ago?  If so, thanks because I borrowed it from the library and enjoyed it very much.  I, too, am very much looking forward to the sequel.  Action movies rule!  O0

“Eyuh.”
Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #114 on: April 25, 2014, 06:36:10 AM »

Was it you that recommended The Raid to me not too long ago?  If so, thanks because I borrowed it from the library and enjoyed it very much.  I, too, am very much looking forward to the sequel.  Action movies rule!  O0

I guess it was and you`re welcome  O0 Also if you liked the first The Raid you also should check out John Woo`s Hong Kong actioners like  The Killer,Hard Boiled and A Better Tomorrow-films...if you have not already.

About the action films,I may have said it somewhere ealrier but I´m not that thrilled that today we consider these superhero-movies as action films.I like them but to me action film means a film like Lethal Weapon,Die Hard and just about everything that Schwarzennegger did back in the 80`s and 90`s.
So I´m more that into seeing another Expendables films but my only wish is that they have a better story/screenplay this time.First EXp-movie was fun with some good ol`80`s feel and the second`s action was better delivered if the rest of the film wasn`t that great (stiil VanDamme as Jean Vilain was great  ;) ).

And speaking of Schwarzennegger I´m quite intrested of his new film Sabotage also even though it has gained some"not so great2 reviews already  ::)

So yes LONG LIVE THE ACTION FILMS  ;D
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #115 on: June 03, 2014, 06:25:39 AM »

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014)

I enjoyed this very much.  Plenty of action and a very good ending.

“Eyuh.”
Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #116 on: June 05, 2014, 01:38:59 AM »

Spidey 2 was good if not as good as the earlier one.Very well done though and Garfiled as Peter Parker/Spidey is quite good.

My last two (of the same genre  ;) )

Liked both of them.Highly entertaining and again very well made.
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #117 on: June 05, 2014, 05:58:22 AM »

Spidey 2 was good if not as good as the earlier one.Very well done though and Garfiled as Peter Parker/Spidey is quite good.

My last two (of the same genre  ;) )

Liked both of them.Highly entertaining and again very well made.

Glad to hear you enjoyed these 3 films.  I'd like to see the new X-Men and Cruise films.  They do look enticing.

“Eyuh.”
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #118 on: June 16, 2014, 01:54:39 PM »

X-Men: Days Of Future Past

After X-Men: The Last Stand and X-Men First Class I'd all but given up on this series.  What little I've seen of the first Wolverine movie didn't entice me to watch the entire film and I haven't seen the most recent one.  Days Of Future Past was very good, though.  There was plenty of action and the story held my interest throughout.  All  said and done I came away thinking, "Yes!  It IS possible to bring back Kirk!"  Ok, different franchise (but same movie company, Paramount).  Nah, that boat has sailed unless they want to bring in another actor to pick up where Shatner left off in '94.  But I digress...

I recommend this film as I found it very entertaining, interesting and enjoyable.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 06:35:58 AM by Jed Cooper » Logged

“Eyuh.”
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #119 on: June 17, 2014, 06:38:13 AM »

In The Name Of The King: A Dungeon Siege Tale (2007)

I think this is the first Jason Statham movie I've been disappointed with.  Most of what I've seen him in up 'til now has been good to very good.  The fight sequences were good but didn't make up for the bad acting.

“Eyuh.”
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T